Sorry. I forget what I was going to say.

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: dear newsgroup

SubjectAuthor
* dear newsgroupJudith Latham
`* dear newsgroupThomas Joseph
 `* dear newsgroupOllieNorthie@aol.com
  `* dear newsgroupThomas Joseph
   `* dear newsgroupOllieNorthie@aol.com
    `* dear newsgroupThomas Joseph
     `* dear newsgroupOllieNorthie@aol.com
      `- dear newsgroupThomas Joseph

1
Re: dear newsgroup

<0p0qkgdmc59819u3aaqdaeb0a94krubosr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3840&group=alt.life.sucks#3840

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: dear newsgroup
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:44:05 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:44 UTC

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:53:55 -0700, Doug Donaghue
<ddonaghue@access4less.net> wrote:

>Ernest T Bass wrote:
>>
>> In article <D9khb.143588$bo1.8640@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>> heidivi@GOAWAY.bigpond.com says...
>>
>> > I've got it Fran!
>> > Stop thinking about that bowl of pasta we had
>> > in Manchester. I feel the same way, when I think
>> > about that.
>> > I vote for cooking classes for Manchester Chefs!!!!!
>> > Heidi :)
>> >
>> You couldn't cook your own ass with a blowtorch, bitch.
>>

>> How are you worthless cunts doing over there in
>> yer queer little daisychains, humour dipshits.
>> Never such a thick little group of fags in my
>> life.
>>
>> I wonder how the Rev Timmy Sutter is doing.
>> Shagged any alterboys, Timmy?
>>
>> --
>> 'Populus vult decepi, decipiatus.'
>> Cardinal Carlo Caraffe
>
>Our apologies from alt.life.sucks. Scott doesn't speak for any of us.
>We really -do- try to keep this monkey on a short leash but, every once
>in a while, he gets loose.
>
>Again, our apologies and all of us will try to watch (and trim) our
>headers.
>

>Doug

Who is this asshole who thinks he speaks for all of us?

Re: dear newsgroup

<2412fa7d-9a42-4b68-a325-6395acf7502bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3846&group=alt.life.sucks#3846

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:05:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 04:05 UTC

On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 6:44:11 PM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:53:55 -0700, Doug Donaghue
> <ddon...@access4less.net> wrote:
>
> >Ernest T Bass wrote:
> >>
> >> In article <D9khb.143588$bo1....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> >> hei...@GOAWAY.bigpond.com says...

> >> You couldn't cook your own ass with a blowtorch, bitch.
> >>

> >> How are you worthless cunts doing over there in
> >> yer queer little daisychains, humour dipshits.
> >> Never such a thick little group of fags in my
> >> life.
> >>
> >> I wonder how the Rev Timmy Sutter is doing.
> >> Shagged any alterboys, Timmy?
> >>
> >> --
> >> 'Populus vult decepi, decipiatus.'
> >> Cardinal Carlo Caraffe
> >
> >Our apologies from alt.life.sucks. Scott doesn't speak for any of us.
> >We really -do- try to keep this monkey on a short leash but, every once
> >in a while, he gets loose.
> >
> >Again, our apologies and all of us will try to watch (and trim) our
> >headers.
> >

> >Doug

> Who is this asshole who thinks he speaks for all of us?

I remember Doug from this group when I came to it the first time a few years after what you just posted, which in case you didn't notice, although I'm sure you did, is from the year 2003. By the way, I turned 74 today. Yesterday actually, it's after midnight now. I almost forgot about it until I got 2 or 3 Happy Birthday greetings from people who wouldn't have known it was my birthday had their beloved Facebook not reminded them of it. I don't care if people know my birthday. It's no big deal. Any person born into our world who manages to make it a year gets at least one. So I'm assuming you go fishing the newsgroups now and then, coming up with older posts. I like that. But why this particular one you sent just now, I wonder.

Re: dear newsgroup

<8d99db65-5004-42b1-845c-03b856a323b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3925&group=alt.life.sucks#3925

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 06:48:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:48 UTC

On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 12:05:10 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 6:44:11 PM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:53:55 -0700, Doug Donaghue
> > <ddon...@access4less.net> wrote:

> > >Our apologies from alt.life.sucks. Scott doesn't speak for any of us.
> > >We really -do- try to keep this monkey on a short leash but, every once
> > >in a while, he gets loose.
> > >
> > >Again, our apologies and all of us will try to watch (and trim) our
> > >headers.
> > >

> > >Doug
>
> > Who is this asshole who thinks he speaks for all of us?
> I remember Doug from this group when I came to it the first time a few years after what you just posted, which in case you didn't notice, although I'm sure you did, is from the year 2003. By the way, I turned 74 today. Yesterday actually, it's after midnight now. I almost forgot about it until I got 2 or 3 Happy Birthday greetings from people who wouldn't have known it was my birthday had their beloved Facebook not reminded them of it. I don't care if people know my birthday. It's no big deal. Any person born into our world who manages to make it a year gets at least one. So I'm assuming you go fishing the newsgroups now and then, coming up with older posts. I like that. But why this particular one you sent just now, I wonder.

You picked a bad day to be born. I will never remember this date. Happy birthday and many more.

Re: dear newsgroup

<90f4ce1d-d11c-45a1-9c93-95759bdf1a00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3947&group=alt.life.sucks#3947

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 23:12 UTC

> You picked a bad day to be born. I will never remember this date. Happy birthday and many more.

All birthdates are cool if they're presented uniquely. For example, 9/23/47 - is that cooler sounding than September 23rd? Both are outmoded forms of presentation. I have come up with new ways of expressing my birthdate to make it sound more cool and more memorable, even for those who don't know me personally. More memorable than New Year's Day. Even people who don't celebrate tend to remember it. It has that charisma. But unlike most days it gets it's own name, not just a bunch of numbers. So my secret is much the same only more advanced. I would like to explain how to tell your birthday to people so they'll never forget it, but I'm afraid to post it here, fearful someone might steal the concept and make a bunch of money off it. I agree with you, there is nothing memorable about my birthdate, just like those of everyone else. But as I say it's all how it's presented and I have a new way of presenting birthdays to make them perhaps even more memorable than you might prefer, like the entire world showing up at your door step all at once like the 3 wise men bearing gifts, only a lot more than just 3 of them and not so wise.

We will remember your birthday. Believe us, we will not forget. No matter where you hide you will become part of our celebration like it or not. Got that, birthday boy?

Re: dear newsgroup

<3a37da47-815e-4604-a438-c85c16fcc270n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3958&group=alt.life.sucks#3958

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 06:23:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 13:23 UTC

On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 7:12:58 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > You picked a bad day to be born. I will never remember this date. Happy birthday and many more.
> All birthdates are cool if they're presented uniquely. For example, 9/23/47 - is that cooler sounding than September 23rd? Both are outmoded forms of presentation. I have come up with new ways of expressing my birthdate to make it sound more cool and more memorable, even for those who don't know me personally. More memorable than New Year's Day. Even people who don't celebrate tend to remember it. It has that charisma. But unlike most days it gets it's own name, not just a bunch of numbers. So my secret is much the same only more advanced. I would like to explain how to tell your birthday to people so they'll never forget it, but I'm afraid to post it here, fearful someone might steal the concept and make a bunch of money off it. I agree with you, there is nothing memorable about my birthdate, just like those of everyone else. But as I say it's all how it's presented and I have a new way of presenting birthdays to make them perhaps even more memorable than you might prefer, like the entire world showing up at your door step all at once like the 3 wise men bearing gifts, only a lot more than just 3 of them and not so wise.
>
> We will remember your birthday. Believe us, we will not forget. No matter where you hide you will become part of our celebration like it or not. Got that, birthday boy?

I don't remember any wise men when I was born. That was probably good.

Re: dear newsgroup

<1d354000-fbbd-41c4-946b-1d2382fe2aa1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3983&group=alt.life.sucks#3983

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 13:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 20:56 UTC

> I don't remember any wise men when I was born. That was probably good.

Everywhere you go in life they follow, all three - sometimes up close, sometimes blocks away, but always with eyes on you, nodding every so often Friday/Gannon fashion, knowing they are wise beyond their years. They are like guardian angels except they guard nothing. They merely watch. Watch and nod, acknowledging your every move as well as each other's wiseness in knowing it's going to happen even before it does and why.

Re: dear newsgroup

<9c278fa7-57f0-42c3-8e0d-778101748c66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4031&group=alt.life.sucks#4031

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 12:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 30 Sep 2021 19:26 UTC

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 4:56:52 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I don't remember any wise men when I was born. That was probably good.
> Everywhere you go in life they follow, all three - sometimes up close, sometimes blocks away, but always with eyes on you, nodding every so often Friday/Gannon fashion, knowing they are wise beyond their years. They are like guardian angels except they guard nothing. They merely watch. Watch and nod, acknowledging your every move as well as each other's wiseness in knowing it's going to happen even before it does and why.

Gannon was a atheist. He never told Friday. Even on Good Friday he kept his mouth shut.

Re: dear newsgroup

<e1441c73-448b-43cc-b494-414a20252c87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4112&group=alt.life.sucks#4112

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 19:56:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 02:56 UTC

> Gannon was a atheist. He never told Friday. Even on Good Friday he kept his mouth shut.

Watched an episode last night. The nod was in full swing. Not just Friday and Gannon, but sometimes even suspects. Friday makes some profound statement of finality - because he's the last one to talk - and the suspect nods as if to say "Yeah you're right." Something off the wall like when the snobby suspect reveals his favorite wine to Friday, to which Friday says, "There's only one problem", to which the suspect says (again, conveniently), "Oh really, what's that?", and Friday says, "They don't have that vintage where you're going", and the guy just nods knowing the game is over, the thrill of the grill is done and the cell bars will soon be clanging shut on him for a long long time. I can understand the thrill of the grill. Being grilled. In the spotlight. As long as there's no torture involved. But oh what a letdown when the grilling ends, then the trial which is another form of amusement, until those cell doors clang shut and the spotlight dims out..

interests / alt.life.sucks / Re: dear newsgroup