From: blue-b...@jan6.org (Call Hillary Ronen)
Newsgroups: alt.california,alt.politics.democrats,talk.politics.guns,talk.politics.misc,alt.law-enforcement
Subject: Re: G-string-clad prostitutes prowl San Diego streets; families, businesses forced to scramble
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 20:19:54 -0000 (UTC)
References: <v4ydnQAz35A7_7v_nZ2dnUU7-Q_NnZ2d@giganews.com> <SRtVJ.46566$LN2.2825@fx13.iad> <XnsAE5383426FC93X43E@0.0.0.0> <super70s-C49FBA.18344708032022@reader.eternal-september.org> <nhuf2h9u52s3k7hq2glub4vg42129q65hl@4ax.com> <super70s-B8C904.20592109032022@reader02.eternal-september.org> <XnsAE57691E22B00foofoobarcom@85.12.62.221> <8WvWJ.43859$Wwf9.8904@fx23.iad> <cd3l2hdagunf9sg1vae9a0irjvi8q5bmn1@4ax.com> <t0e34d$6i8$2@dont-email.me> <t0fl3e$gkh$2@dont-email.me> <super70s-325C23.09522712032022@reader02.eternal-september.org> <t0ignh$2rq$10@dont-email.me> <t0ijs4$fjm$7@dont-email.me> <t0j5uj$g6t$11@dont-email.me>
 by: Call Hillary Ronen - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 20:19 UTC

On 12 Mar 2022, Lefty Lundquist <lefty_lundquist@ggmail.com> posted some

> More Democrat stupidity. Democrats are elected child abusers and
> molesters.

Prostitutes will reportedly use security lights on businesses to attract
customers, a business owner said

Prostitution in San Diego has exploded since a controversial California
law went into effect this year. As a result, businesses have taken on
additional security costs and have warned customers they will likely see
near-naked women and pimps if they visit the area, a business owner told
Fox News Digital.

"Costs for business, costs for security. We've had to put lights � at
our cost � on the roof to try to deter them, and because of the bill,
the lights now help them when they want to come in front of my building
to shake and do different things � so they get attention versus being in
the dark," a San Diego business owner told Fox News Digital.

The business owner spoke to Fox News Digital on the condition of
anonymity out of concern that pimps or prostitutes in the area might
retaliate against the business owner�s vehicles, property or employees.
The business owner has been operating at the same location for the last
25 years.

"They'll break into cars, they'll pop tires. We've had a neighbor �. who
had his vehicle broken into multiple times and stolen the tools out of
it," the business owner said.

"Due to the Safer Streets Act, local business owners now need to hide
their identity while exposing the problems that the bill has created,
which was never a problem before," the business owner added.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed Senate Bill 357 in July 2022, which
repealed a previous law that banned loitering with the intent to engage
in prostitution. The bill was championed as one that would help protect
transgender women from being targeted by police.

"The author brought forth this legislation because the crime of
loitering has disproportionately impacted Black and brown women and
members of the LGBTQ community," the governor said when signing the bill
into law.

"To be clear, this bill does not legalize prostitution. It simply
revokes provisions of the law that have led to disproportionate
harassment of women and transgender adults. While I agree with the
author's intent, and I am signing this legislation, we must be cautious
about its implementation. My administration will monitor crime and
prosecution trends for any possible unintended consequences and will act
to mitigate any such impacts."

"Parents are having to explain to children why, at 7:30 in the morning,
when they�re going to school, that there's two women in G-strings
shaking their butts and showing their breasts and trying to stop
vehicles."

The law took effect in January this year, which the business owner
argued emboldened prostitutes and pimps to prowl city streets for johns
with few repercussions.

"It makes me still blush at times. These are some very confident women.
� They are wearing G-strings. �. Their breasts are completely exposed.
There was one that was wearing a Letterman's jacket and nothing else,"
the business owner said.

A concentrated area on the city�s Dalbergia Street has long been a hot
spot for sex solicitation and sits near San Diego�s border with the
neighboring town of National City. National City's mayor, Ron Morrison,
spoke to Fox News Digital earlier this month to highlight how
prostitution has also become more pronounced since SB 357 began making
headlines, adding police essentially have their hands tied from
addressing the crime.

"Senate Bill 357 � for all intents and purposes, made prostitution legal
because what it said is that officers can no longer contact people based
on the idea of loitering for the purpose of prostitution. So, it
basically tells the police your hands are off," Morrison said.

The San Diego business owner described scenes akin to a gritty crime
thriller, where pimps play loud music in cars as prostitutes walk the
streets in heels. When the women find a john, they�ll drive to a local
hotel or around the block if the john�s request is "something that can
be done quicker."

"It's the residents that are feeling the most of this. There's children
that are having to step over byproducts. Parents are having to explain
to children why, at 7:30 in the morning, when they�re going to school,
that there's two women in G-strings shaking their butts and showing
their breasts and trying to stop vehicles," the business owner said.

With the clocks falling back an hour next month, the business owner
predicted the situation will go "from bad to worse" as more prostitutes
hit the streets.

The business owner stressed that the hands of police are tied from doing
much to deter the crime and argued that politicians in the city have
taken a hands-off approach. City council member Vivian Moreno has not
personally visited local businesses to hear their concerns, the business
owner said, while Democratic Mayor Todd Gloria has said "not a word"
about the issue to the business owner or others in the area.

"I have yet to have anybody from the local city council's office contact
anybody here in the neighborhood, come by, try to say, 'Hey, we're
trying to help. How can we put some resources in like maybe some
additional lights, maybe some additional cameras?'" the business owner
said.

"Mayor Gloria has visited the area and has spoken publicly about the
issue," the mayor's office told Fox News Digital on Tuesday, The office
also touted how the police department has carried out sting operations,
including one earlier this year that netted 48 arrests in San Diego
County.

"The criminals who were taken down as part of this operation abused and
exploited women for their own enrichment," Gloria said at a news
conference this year following the sting operation. "We will continue to
disrupt these criminal operations that seek to do our people in our
communities harm.

San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit told local media this month that SB
357�s repercussions with crime were "all predictable."

"This was all predictable. We've seen shootings down there. We've seen
stabbings," Nisleit told 10 News. "Part of the predictable consequences
of this very bad bill is now you're having a community being impacted.
They don't feel safe in their own homes."

Local media attention has even made traffic in the area worse as
out-of-town johns catch wind of San Diego�s sex workers.

"Every time we get a local news story, the traffic increases. The
prostitutes don't go away. It's not like, �We better lay low for a
little while.� We get additional traffic because of out-of-town johns
now notice, �Hey, look what we can do,�" the business owner said.

He�s hoping the law gets repealed, especially if local leaders visit the
area to see firsthand how residents and business owners live in fear for
their safety and are forced to spend more on security systems or even
clean vomit and feces from the streets.

The business owner is now even warning customers of the issue and sends
employees to meet some female clients who are hesitant to travel to the
prostitution hot spot.

Fox News Digital reached out to Newsom's office and Councilmember Moreno
but did not receive comment on SB 357 and prostitution issues in San
Diego.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/g-string-clad-prostitutes-prowl-san-diego-stre
ets-families-businesses-forced-scramble