From: democrat...@nytimes.com (Democrats Hate America)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.law-enforcement,alt.politics.immigration,alt.fan.states.new-york,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Manhattan D.A.: Illegal Aliens who assaulted cops released due to lack of evidence
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 23:58:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Democrats Hate Ameri - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 23:58 UTC

On 15 Mar 2022, Lefty Lundquist <lefty_lundquist@ggmail.com> posted some

> Take note Daniel Penny legal team. This is the kind of shithead DA
> who has absolutely zero interest in upholding the actual law. He is a
> vengeful black Soros paid marxist asshole.

Feb. 3 (UPI) -- Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg says he released
a group of young migrants accused of assaulting two New York City police
officers last weekend because he lacked evidence against them.

Controversy surrounding the case has heaped pressure on Bragg after it
was revealed that only one of the 13 migrant youths accused of attacking
the officers near Times Square last weekend remained in custody on
Rikers Island, while the others were released without bond.

"Our profound obligation is to make sure we have the right people
charged with the right crimes," Bragg told reporters Friday. "I don't
think New Yorkers want to charge the wrong person."

Bragg said video footage of the assault "sickened me and outraged me,"
but it was impossible at the time to "conclusively identify each
defendant."

Four of those arrested and since charged with felonies obtained bus
tickets for Calexico, Calif., from a local New York charity and have
fled New York, CNN reported. An unnamed source said the four used false
names to obtain the bus tickets and might be heading to Mexico via
Calexico.

Investigators told the broadcaster they can't pursue or stop them
because Bragg didn't request bail and released them from jail on their
own recognizance. Unless the accused show up for a pending court date
later in February, law enforcement is powerless to stop them, they said.

Bragg said there is no evidence that those four have fled, but is
investigating the possibility. Meanwhile, he said he is continuing his
investigation into the assault to ensure the right people are charged
with the correct offenses in the matter.

New York Governor Kathy Hochul called for the deportation of all 13
suspects, while the state Attorney General Letitia James said bail
should have been sought in the matter and called the assault on the
police officers a "serious felony."

New York gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin said Bragg should be fired
for refusing to enforce the law.

Both officers are recovering from the assault, WCBS-TV reported.

The violence is part of a current trend caused by a lack of food,
shelter and jobs for migrants who are growing more desperate, several
sources told the New York Daily News.

https://news.yahoo.com/manhattan-d-migrants-assaulted-cops-202134003.html