"Just think of a computer as hardware you can program." -- Nigel de la Tierre

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: An easier solution

SubjectAuthor
* An easier solutionCommander Kinsey
`* An easier solutionrbowman
 `- An easier solutionCommander Kinsey

1
An easier solution

<op.113z4gr2mvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=40455&group=alt.home.repair#40455

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: An easier solution
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:34:54 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:34 UTC

Have you ever wasted loads of time only to find there's an easier answer?

I just spent an hour looking through different blinds I could buy to block the light getting into the lounge to keep my parrot quiet when he's incessantly squawking.

Then realised I could close the curtains.

Re: An easier solution

<k7sqeaF8jmnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=40468&group=alt.home.repair#40468

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: An easier solution
Date: 21 Mar 2023 04:34:19 GMT
 by: rbowman - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 04:34 UTC

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:34:54 -0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> Have you ever wasted loads of time only to find there's an easier
> answer?
>
> I just spent an hour looking through different blinds I could buy to
> block the light getting into the lounge to keep my parrot quiet when
> he's incessantly squawking.
>
> Then realised I could close the curtains.

https://www.today.com/shop/best-silk-eye-mask-sleep-mask-8000-positive-reviews-t116451

I'm sure Alaska Bear would make a parrot-sized mask if you ask them nicely.

Re: An easier solution

<op.12mf29bvmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=40914&group=alt.home.repair#40914

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: CK1...@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:36:35 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:36 UTC

On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 04:34:19 -0000, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:34:54 -0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:
>
>> Have you ever wasted loads of time only to find there's an easier
>> answer?
>>
>> I just spent an hour looking through different blinds I could buy to
>> block the light getting into the lounge to keep my parrot quiet when
>> he's incessantly squawking.
>>
>> Then realised I could close the curtains.
>
> https://www.today.com/shop/best-silk-eye-mask-sleep-mask-8000-positive-reviews-t116451
>
> I'm sure Alaska Bear would make a parrot-sized mask if you ask them nicely.

Nothing is parrot proof. It would be torn to shreds in seconds. I bought a "parrot proof" big perch to hang from the ceiling. Took them 2 minutes to realise they could undo the nuts and remove it. I replaced the nuts with nylock nuts.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: An easier solution