From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.fantasy, alt.folklore, alt.mythology, sci.skeptic, alt.paranormal
Subject: special abilities in science fiction, fantasy, mythology, folklore, etc.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:52:08 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:22 UTC

About three months ago I posted that when visiting my brother in
the hospital I had cut a card at random from a deck of standard
playing cards, looking for a sign for myself, and it turned out
to be the Queen of Hearts.

Today I was visiting him in his long term care home and said
“let me tell your fortune” and cut a deck looking for a sign
for him, and again it was the Queen of Hearts.

Also, I currently have matchmaking ability and the ability
to divine someones special ability/ies, in both cases
not just from a name but from a picture (or in person),
and for now I am willing to do readings for free to
build up some references.

With that second ability I divined that after a recent sudden
evolution of special abilities that my ill brother has regular
diviner special ability, which includes a wide array of
subset divination abilities, but not the two abilities I
said above that I have, and not dowsing or map dowsing.

Some examplesof special abilities are empath, navigator,
telepath, medium/channeller, species someone negotiator,
far-seeing, far-hearing, precog (up to one year), backcog
(back to one year), prophetic dreams ability (beginning at one year
and beyond), past life regression ability, telekinesis (probably of
small amounts), back-dream ability (beginning at one year and
beyond), teleportation (probably of small amounts),
peacemaker, weatherworking, out of body travel ability, healer,
green thumb, animal husbandry, (now) aquaculture, language special
ability, musical special ability, regular diviner ability (including a wide
array of subset divination abilities but not dowsing or map
dowsing), various such subset divination abilities including astrology,
card divination, runes, I Ching, Ogham, stick divination, tea leaves,
crystal ball, pendulum, mirror scrying, and more, dowsing,
map dowsing, hypnosis, wide range magickal special ability
(including a wide array of subset abilities at 1/3 strength),
and psychedelic drug enghancable ability (who have the
wide range while enhanced except their out of body travel
and species someone negotiator ability are at full strength),
and maybe more (a friend has graphic design ability).

Let me know if you know of some I have missed, perhaps
some described in science fiction, fantasy, folklore, mythology,
religion, or in paranormal claims.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;

Re: special abilities in science fiction, fantasy, mythology, folklore, etc.

<0001HW.2B2F62300052B72E70000305C38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4077&group=alt.paranormal#4077

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.fantasy, alt.folklore, alt.mythology, sci.skeptic, alt.paranormal
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 13:36:56 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:06 UTC

On Dec 16, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B2E4C800017C24B70000305C38F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> About three months ago I posted that when visiting my brother in
> the hospital I had cut a card at random from a deck of standard
> playing cards, looking for a sign for myself, and it turned out
> to be the Queen of Hearts.
>
> Today I was visiting him in his long term care home and said
> “let me tell your fortune” and cut a deck looking for a sign
> for him, and again it was the Queen of Hearts.
>
> Also, I currently have matchmaking ability and the ability
> to divine someones special ability/ies, in both cases
> not just from a name but from a picture (or in person),
> and for now I am willing to do readings for free to
> build up some references.
>
> With that second ability I divined that after a recent sudden
> evolution of special abilities that my ill brother has regular
> diviner special ability, which includes a wide array of
> subset divination abilities, but not the two abilities I
> said above that I have, and not dowsing or map dowsing.
>
> Some examplesof special abilities are empath, navigator,
> telepath, medium/channeller, species someone negotiator,
> far-seeing, far-hearing, precog (up to one year), backcog
> (back to one year), prophetic dreams ability (beginning at one year
> and beyond), past life regression ability, telekinesis (probably of
> small amounts), back-dream ability (beginning at one year and
> beyond), teleportation (probably of small amounts),
> peacemaker, weatherworking, out of body travel ability, healer,
> green thumb, animal husbandry, (now) aquaculture, language special
> ability, musical special ability, regular diviner ability (including a wide
> array of subset divination abilities but not dowsing or map
> dowsing), various such subset divination abilities including astrology,
> card divination, runes, I Ching, Ogham, stick divination, tea leaves,
> crystal ball, pendulum, mirror scrying, and more, dowsing,
> map dowsing, hypnosis, wide range magickal special ability
> (including a wide array of subset abilities at 1/3 strength),
> and psychedelic drug enghancable ability (who have the
> wide range while enhanced except their out of body travel
> and species someone negotiator ability are at full strength),
> and maybe more (a friend has graphic design ability).
>
> Let me know if you know of some I have missed, perhaps
> some described in science fiction, fantasy, folklore, mythology,
> religion, or in paranormal claims.

The evolution of special abilities has not occurred yet, I
will work on that again tonight.