A truly great man will neither trample on a worm nor sneak to an emperor. -- B. Franklin

interests / alt.life.sucks / OutSkyed the Sky

SubjectAuthor
* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
`* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
 `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
  `* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
   `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
    `* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
     `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
      `* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
       `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
        +* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
        |`- OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
        `* OutSkyed the SkyJudith Latham
         `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
          `* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
           `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
            `* OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com
             `* OutSkyed the SkyThomas Joseph
              `- OutSkyed the SkyOllieNorthie@aol.com

1
OutSkyed the Sky

<a27e6a85-c755-4dff-8677-dc69b70584fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4073&group=alt.life.sucks#4073

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 19:14:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OutSkyed the Sky
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 02:14 UTC

Ollie, in a previous post in which I wrote to you about Leif, I found it worth sending to Leif - not because it was well written or anything, more because it had Sky's name in it which I knew would make it instantly appealing to him. He responded. I copied and pasted it into a different thread. I don't care if you saw it and didn't want to respond, but am not sure you saw it because one of those drug pushers posted right after I did and I thought maybe the Sky letter got by you. So here it is. Did a small bit of editing, replacing your real name (did Skyving ask permission to use it?) with your newsgroup moniker. For security!

/////////////////////////////

"Thank you for mentioning my name. You have no idea how much that means to me. It makes my life worth living one more day. Today could've been the day I ended it, but seeing my name in print, put there by another human being to be seen by other human beings recharges my battery for another 24. Your post to Ollie however reeks of dishonesty. Your first paragraph is right on the mark, then, in order to assuage the incredibly enormous ego of Ollie, you switch gears and do a 180, praising his strong convictions. How sad.. Your fear of conflict forced you to pull a "Skyving". With time and repetition, this lack of conviction will force "Skyving" out of the popular lexicon forever, renaming that behavior. As they lower their head in disbelief and shake their head in shame millions will utter the phrase: "He pulled a Joseph.....again". No matter. Perhaps your usurpation of the term is simply a way for you to gain attention for yourself, taking away the one thing I am known for and claiming it as your own. Well, my friend, we'll see who wins this battle." .. Leif Skyving

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<12fd4ca2-710c-4e0a-9551-cef8dc06e771n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4076&group=alt.life.sucks#4076

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 08:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OutSkyed the Sky
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:01 UTC

On Saturday, October 2, 2021 at 10:14:25 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ollie, in a previous post in which I wrote to you about Leif, I found it worth sending to Leif - not because it was well written or anything, more because it had Sky's name in it which I knew would make it instantly appealing to him. He responded. I copied and pasted it into a different thread. I don't care if you saw it and didn't want to respond, but am not sure you saw it because one of those drug pushers posted right after I did and I thought maybe the Sky letter got by you. So here it is. Did a small bit of editing, replacing your real name (did Skyving ask permission to use it?) with your newsgroup moniker. For security!
>
> /////////////////////////////
>
> "Thank you for mentioning my name. You have no idea how much that means to me. It makes my life worth living one more day. Today could've been the day I ended it, but seeing my name in print, put there by another human being to be seen by other human beings recharges my battery for another 24. Your post to Ollie however reeks of dishonesty. Your first paragraph is right on the mark, then, in order to assuage the incredibly enormous ego of Ollie, you switch gears and do a 180, praising his strong convictions. How sad. Your fear of conflict forced you to pull a "Skyving". With time and repetition, this lack of conviction will force "Skyving" out of the popular lexicon forever, renaming that behavior. As they lower their head in disbelief and shake their head in shame millions will utter the phrase: "He pulled a Joseph.....again". No matter. Perhaps your usurpation of the term is simply a way for you to gain attention for yourself, taking away the one thing I am known for and claiming it as your own. Well, my friend, we'll see who wins this battle." .. Leif Skyving

He pulls a Skyving on deflecting to a Joseph. This is headed to the Supreme court.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<5984f949-4c05-4809-86f4-4397526209ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4091&group=alt.life.sucks#4091

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 18:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 01:13 UTC

> He pulls a Skyving on deflecting to a Joseph. This is headed to the Supreme court.

The public would go nuts over it in a variety of ways starting of course with the obvious question: "What the fuck is 'pulling a Skyving?' Once they figure it out, if they have the patience, they begin to see that Skying'ing takes many forms. Yes, in a world of 8 billion people surely there are a few who can out-Skying Skyving. But it all started with him (and his ilk).. It stems from debating. Politics. But it has branched out. Now "pulling a Skyving" is used to define any person who does anything they can to make their image mean more than what they claim to believe or disbelieve. To have something named after yourself is surely an honor, even if it's something negative.

I will Joseph your ass
I will bury you in a shit storm of truth

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<0995aaac-1499-4494-9165-311d44d4e5b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4146&group=alt.life.sucks#4146

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 16:39:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 23:39 UTC

On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9:13:23 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > He pulls a Skyving on deflecting to a Joseph. This is headed to the Supreme court.
> The public would go nuts over it in a variety of ways starting of course with the obvious question: "What the fuck is 'pulling a Skyving?' Once they figure it out, if they have the patience, they begin to see that Skying'ing takes many forms. Yes, in a world of 8 billion people surely there are a few who can out-Skying Skyving. But it all started with him (and his ilk). It stems from debating. Politics. But it has branched out. Now "pulling a Skyving" is used to define any person who does anything they can to make their image mean more than what they claim to believe or disbelieve. To have something named after yourself is surely an honor, even if it's something negative.
>
> I will Joseph your ass
> I will bury you in a shit storm of truth

When they see his act they will riot.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<fad5db6d-c117-4581-aa86-fecfb232df24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4178&group=alt.life.sucks#4178

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 18:08:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 01:08 UTC

> When they see his act they will riot.

I have seen his act. I know I have not seen it in a while, but I have seen clips. I like Sky and his humor, his real humor. But his stage stuff, I don't care for it much. I have to give him credit though, to keep plugging away with it and making it happen. Of course I always suspected he was a partway remittance man of sorts. Sure, he worked, and still does, but I believe he had a good support system in place while pursuing the comedy road. Still, while what I say may sound negative, he is surely no worse and likely more acceptable than most famous asshole guest hosts I'v seen on TV. The question is, "Will Skyving get his own TV show before he dies?" It starts out with Leif's face on the screen to start the weekly show, always with the same question, "So, you think you got what it takes to out Skyving me?",. as contestants, known and unknown, line up for guest spots on his show.. I will be a guest too. So will you. Our purpose will be to go on and publicly admonish Leif when and if he doesn't live up to the standards we have set for him and his new show. Our purpose - to keep him in line. To make him all he can be.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<2b67be31-2334-4d8a-9c6d-cccf1954b410n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4181&group=alt.life.sucks#4181

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 20:46:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 03:46 UTC

On Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 9:08:29 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > When they see his act they will riot.
> I have seen his act. I know I have not seen it in a while, but I have seen clips. I like Sky and his humor, his real humor. But his stage stuff, I don't care for it much. I have to give him credit though, to keep plugging away with it and making it happen. Of course I always suspected he was a partway remittance man of sorts. Sure, he worked, and still does, but I believe he had a good support system in place while pursuing the comedy road. Still, while what I say may sound negative, he is surely no worse and likely more acceptable than most famous asshole guest hosts I'v seen on TV. The question is, "Will Skyving get his own TV show before he dies?" It starts out with Leif's face on the screen to start the weekly show, always with the same question, "So, you think you got what it takes to out Skyving me?",. as contestants, known and unknown, line up for guest spots on his show. I will be a guest too. So will you. Our purpose will be to go on and publicly admonish Leif when and if he doesn't live up to the standards we have set for him and his new show. Our purpose - to keep him in line. To make him all he can be.

He needs boot camp. And no wamby pamby Marine Corps kind either. Only we can provide the boot camp he needs. We are the few, the proud, the demented. His days will be filled with pain and hard work but the nights will be sensual and revealing. Can his mind take it? Can we take it?

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<484eb33d-97b6-41fe-8ebb-cfee43a9387dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4196&group=alt.life.sucks#4196

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 23:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 06:21 UTC

> He needs boot camp. And no wamby pamby Marine Corps kind either. Only we can provide the boot camp he needs. We are the few, the proud, the demented.. His days will be filled with pain and hard work but the nights will be sensual and revealing. Can his mind take it? Can we take it?

I am all in on your idea of us boot-camping his ass into gear. But once we establish our camps routine, once we get everything ready for Skying's reprogramming, who are we going to get to do it for us? I mean, I am ready to be there - to shout instructions, to offer suggestions, to do anything to help make the "Self Improvement School of Leif Skyving" a resounding success, but I don't want to become directly involved. We need good starch counselors on our staff. Where can we find them? And how much do they cost?

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<0f6771ec-de81-4e9d-9146-b36c1f625f8an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4198&group=alt.life.sucks#4198

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 10:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 17:12 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 2:21:57 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > He needs boot camp. And no wamby pamby Marine Corps kind either. Only we can provide the boot camp he needs. We are the few, the proud, the demented. His days will be filled with pain and hard work but the nights will be sensual and revealing. Can his mind take it? Can we take it?
> I am all in on your idea of us boot-camping his ass into gear. But once we establish our camps routine, once we get everything ready for Skying's reprogramming, who are we going to get to do it for us? I mean, I am ready to be there - to shout instructions, to offer suggestions, to do anything to help make the "Self Improvement School of Leif Skyving" a resounding success, but I don't want to become directly involved. We need good starch counselors on our staff. Where can we find them? And how much do they cost?

The most violent offenders from our super max prisons. This is what 'The Sky' needs. Anything less and he could out Sky them.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<ece66c26-9f79-48b4-9a17-ede060429273n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4222&group=alt.life.sucks#4222

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 22:01:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 8 Oct 2021 05:01 UTC

> The most violent offenders from our super max prisons. This is what 'The Sky' needs. Anything less and he could out Sky them.

There's a lot of "Sky-ing" going on all over the place. Around here with the signs. Lots of nice neighborhoods. Old money, slave stuff. A very segregated town and the nice parts are expansive because of it. I have walked all over here. Lots of signs. Lots of BLMs. Everybody covering their ass just in case. But some people are trying to cover all bases. There is one house I pass now and then in a less ritzy but still nice part of town where the guy's lawn and porch are adorned with all sorts of symbols and statements to cover all bases. He's got a large American flag. A peace sign. A BLM sigh. Also a Marine emblem of some kind with "Semper Fi" on it. I mean, this guy's got it all covered. Or so he thinks.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<75b38e96-d7e0-49d9-8d8d-41d30825ef45n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4235&group=alt.life.sucks#4235

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 10:45:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 17:45 UTC

On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 1:02:00 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > The most violent offenders from our super max prisons. This is what 'The Sky' needs. Anything less and he could out Sky them.
> There's a lot of "Sky-ing" going on all over the place. Around here with the signs. Lots of nice neighborhoods. Old money, slave stuff. A very segregated town and the nice parts are expansive because of it. I have walked all over here. Lots of signs. Lots of BLMs. Everybody covering their ass just in case. But some people are trying to cover all bases. There is one house I pass now and then in a less ritzy but still nice part of town where the guy's lawn and porch are adorned with all sorts of symbols and statements to cover all bases. He's got a large American flag. A peace sign. A BLM sigh.. Also a Marine emblem of some kind with "Semper Fi" on it. I mean, this guy's got it all covered. Or so he thinks.

I have a weather vane. Means I go with the wind.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<sjsqqo$2gk$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4248&group=alt.life.sucks#4248

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 15:33:43 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 19:33 UTC

On 10/8/2021 1:01 AM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> The most violent offenders from our super max prisons. This is what 'The Sky' needs. Anything less and he could out Sky them.
>
> There's a lot of "Sky-ing" going on all over the place. Around here with the signs. Lots of nice neighborhoods. Old money, slave stuff. A very segregated town and the nice parts are expansive because of it. I have walked all over here. Lots of signs. Lots of BLMs. Everybody covering their ass just in case. But some people are trying to cover all bases. There is one house I pass now and then in a less ritzy but still nice part of town where the guy's lawn and porch are adorned with all sorts of symbols and statements to cover all bases. He's got a large American flag. A peace sign. A BLM sigh. Also a Marine emblem of some kind with "Semper Fi" on it. I mean, this guy's got it all covered. Or so he thinks.

I don't know this fellow you and Ollie seem to know so well. Please fill
me in.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<338e171c-85a2-4d67-bbce-5fc98f9b077cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4258&group=alt.life.sucks#4258

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 15:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
References: <a27e6a85-c755-4dff-8677-dc69b70584fcn@googlegroups.com> <12fd4ca2-710c-4e0a-9551-cef8dc06e771n@googlegroups.com> <5984f949-4c05-4809-86f4-4397526209ban@googlegroups.com> <0995aaac-1499-4494-9165-311d44d4e5b3n@googlegroups.com> <fad5db6d-c117-4581-aa86-fecfb232df24n@googlegroups.com> <2b67be31-2334-4d8a-9c6d-cccf1954b410n@googlegroups.com> <484eb33d-97b6-41fe-8ebb-cfee43a9387dn@googlegroups.com> <0f6771ec-de81-4e9d-9146-b36c1f625f8an@googlegroups.com> <ece66c26-9f79-48b4-9a17-ede060429273n@googlegroups.com> <75b38e96-d7e0-49d9-8d8d-41d30825ef45n@googlegroups.com>
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 22:52 UTC

> I have a weather vane. Means I go with the wind.

Good thing to have near your front porch so you know which way to turn before you spit.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<3d61051e-dcbd-4ca3-88fe-c5d134d5c63an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4259&group=alt.life.sucks#4259

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 16:02:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 23:02 UTC

> I don't know this fellow you and Ollie seem to know so well. Please fill me in.

I'm not good with definitions, especially when they are demanded from me as you just did. It doesn't matter who Skyving is, Ollie made up the term "You're pulling a Skyving on me", to represent people who try on the basis of words alone to make themselves look good in some way - appropriate or whatever. I suppose a few examples - possibly not up to par as far as Ollie is concerned: One guy says he bought a dog today. The other guy says, "Was it a rescue?" If not he is being "Skying'd". Shamed by the Sky. Ollie and I both know Skyving. He is the one who introduced me to the old comedy group, the first newsgroup I ever saw. Another example, which is a good one because it really happened, was the first time I ever heard Ollie use the "Skyving" term when he was getting down on products made in China and I said, "Well, I'm sure not all their products are bad. In fact, I think they make some good stuff", and Ollie boomed, "Oh no, you're not going to pull a Skyving on me", as if I was trying to make him feel guilty about badmouthing Chinks, which I was not. I had never heard him use the expression before, but because we both know Leif (Skyving), I knew immediately what he meant..

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<413ab25d-9c30-42b6-bb34-43d1ac8fb67cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4282&group=alt.life.sucks#4282

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 21:34 UTC

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 7:02:10 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I don't know this fellow you and Ollie seem to know so well. Please fill me in.
> I'm not good with definitions, especially when they are demanded from me as you just did. It doesn't matter who Skyving is, Ollie made up the term "You're pulling a Skyving on me", to represent people who try on the basis of words alone to make themselves look good in some way - appropriate or whatever. I suppose a few examples - possibly not up to par as far as Ollie is concerned: One guy says he bought a dog today. The other guy says, "Was it a reAcue?" If not he is being "Skying'd". Shamed by the Sky. Ollie and I both know Skyving. He is the one who introduced me to the old comedy group, the first newsgroup I ever saw. Another example, which is a good one because it really happened, was the first time I ever heard Ollie use the "Skyving" term when he was getting down on products made in China and I said, "Well, I'm sure not all their products are bad. In fact, I think they make some good stuff", and Ollie boomed, "Oh no, you're not going to pull a Skyving on me", as if I was trying to make him feel guilty about badmouthing Chinks, which I was not. I had never heard him use the expression before, but because we both know Leif (Skyving), I knew immediately what he meant.

A form of one up man-ship using guilt as a kicker.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<30486c9f-e52c-44f6-ac23-c48b78749f69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4296&group=alt.life.sucks#4296

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 17:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 00:33 UTC

> A form of one up man-ship using guilt as a kicker.

I sometimes make up my own words and terms and I enjoy it and I think I'm good at it. But I sometimes struggle with real words, not finding the right ones to get to the point. You are good at that. Your latest post is a good example of it. You used the right words in a shorter period of time. I have decided to make you my editor. I have decreed it. But I will not call on you to edit my words every time I write something, only when it's something important. Be ready. You never know when I will need your help.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<ef40b58a-c429-4f2e-935d-9ed539bd6a05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4312&group=alt.life.sucks#4312

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 09:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:57 UTC

On Monday, October 11, 2021 at 8:33:49 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > A form of one up man-ship using guilt as a kicker.
> I sometimes make up my own words and terms and I enjoy it and I think I'm good at it. But I sometimes struggle with real words, not finding the right ones to get to the point. You are good at that. Your latest post is a good example of it. You used the right words in a shorter period of time. I have decided to make you my editor. I have decreed it. But I will not call on you to edit my words every time I write something, only when it's something important. Be ready. You never know when I will need your help.

I am too lazy to do a lot of typing. You skill at it is impressive. I still hunt and peck on the keyboard. I do like terse writing. But I do not worship it. A good balance between wordy and terse is the way to go.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<a8b6c6dc-b659-4c03-80c6-940ee22470b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4333&group=alt.life.sucks#4333

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Wed, 13 Oct 2021 06:07 UTC

> I am too lazy to do a lot of typing. You skill at it is impressive. I still hunt and peck on the keyboard. I do like terse writing. But I do not worship it. A good balance between wordy and terse is the way to go.

I know. I am not a writer. I mean technically. I'm writing now. But I don't feel any pressure. There is no deadline (unless you want to try to enforce one, which I would strongly advise against), there is no urgency of any kind. Now, this could be because I'm a nice guy or a guy just looking to unwind and relax big time, or it could be because I can say pretty much anything I want in here and not feel I have to put a lot of effort into it. In other words it is possible I am a bit selfish. Selfish and lazy. This newsgroup is perfect for my style. For me.

Re: OutSkyed the Sky

<6ebdd6f5-01a6-4001-aed3-2a20eee2c1d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4341&group=alt.life.sucks#4341

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:10:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 01:10 UTC

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 2:07:22 AM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am too lazy to do a lot of typing. You skill at it is impressive. I still hunt and peck on the keyboard. I do like terse writing. But I do not worship it. A good balance between wordy and terse is the way to go.
> I know. I am not a writer. I mean technically. I'm writing now. But I don't feel any pressure. There is no deadline (unless you want to try to enforce one, which I would strongly advise against), there is no urgency of any kind. Now, this could be because I'm a nice guy or a guy just looking to unwind and relax big time, or it could be because I can say pretty much anything I want in here and not feel I have to put a lot of effort into it. In other words it is possible I am a bit selfish. Selfish and lazy. This newsgroup is perfect for my style. For me.

The shit I hear from twitter and facebook makes me glad I do not like the formats. I prefer this. Slow and easy. And mostly private with a select and elite readership.

interests / alt.life.sucks / OutSkyed the Sky