Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: 'Tension is very high' after boy breaks girl's teeth in field hockey
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 14:29:33 -0800
 by: a425couple - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 22:29 UTC

So this girl chose to play on a female field hockey team.
But the school district fully believe3d in 'inclusion',
so they let larger and stronger boys play it also.
Swell, just swell!
The key sentence:
"The MIAA said it "understands" safety concerns but inclusion has
trumped that safety."

from
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tension-very-high-boy-breaks-girls-teeth-field-hockey-match-superintendent-says

'Tension is very high' after boy breaks girl's teeth in field hockey
match, superintendent says
Superintendent saw 'trauma' in players eyes
Ryan Gaydos By Ryan Gaydos Fox News
Published November 9, 2023 5:15am EST

Massachusetts superintendent talks outrage after field hockey incident
Bill Runey, a Massachusetts superintendent, appears on ‘OutKick The
Morning’ to talk outrage after field hockey incident

Tensions are high in a Massachusetts school district where a high school
female field hockey player suffered "significant facial and dental
injuries" after being hit in the face on a shot from a male opponent, an
official said Wednesday.

Bill Runey, the Dighton-Rehoboth superintendent of schools, appeared on
"OutKick The Morning" with Charly Arnolt and described outrage in the
district.

"It’s very hot. The tension is very high," Runey said. "At first, it was
a sense of trauma. I went to meet the bus when the girls returned from
Swampscott because I wanted to let them know that they had the support
of the district.

"That we were gonna have resources available to them the next school day
with our counseling staff. And the trauma that I saw in their eyes, the
sadness I saw in their eyes and in the eyes of the coaches is something
that I will never, ever forget.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

General field hockey picture
The incident occurred at a field hockey game in Massachusetts. (Jamie
Squire/Getty Images)

"And now, it has turned to an outrage because of the fact that it
doesn’t seem as if anybody is willing to listen to change."

Runey’s remarks came after Dighton-Rehoboth field hockey captain Kelsey
Bain wrote a letter to the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic
Association (MIAA) urging it to make a change to its rules. She wrote
that the "MIAA needs to do better."

Bain cited an article from the New Boston Post that said there were 41
boys who played on girls field hockey teams during the 2019-20 school
year. Bain suggested the MIAA create a new league.

"There is likely more interest, but the stigma of boys playing on a
girl’s team is probably a deterrent," Bain wrote. "I am sure school
districts can institute co-op teams to create further opportunities for
males to play in their own division, which I assume you are already
aware of because, under rule 34 of the MIAA handbook, there is a
division for boys’ field hockey listed under the Fall Sports category.

"You have a chance to change the negative publicity the MIAA has been
receiving due to the incident that happened on Thursday night by moving
forward with the proposal for a seven versus seven boys league."

Bain recalled the horror she and her teammates felt when they witnessed
the incident.

"The shrieks and screams of fear and pain that projected from her after
being hit filled the stadium," Bain wrote. The looks of horror and shock
on the faces of the girls surrounding her were also chilling.

Field hockey balls on school sports field
Field hockey balls (Ben Hasty/MediaNews Group/Reading Eagle via Getty
Images)

RILEY GAINES SAYS 'TRANSPHOBE' ACCUSATIONS CARRY 'LITERALLY NO WEIGHT'

"Following the injury, my teammates were sobbing not only in fear for
their teammate but also in fear that they had to go back out onto the
field and continue a game, playing against a male athlete who
hospitalized one of our own. The traumatic event sheds light on the
rules and regulations of male athletes participating in women’s sports."

The MIAA cites the Massachusetts Equal Rights Amendment, adopted in
1976, which was extended to scholastic sports three years later.

The MIAA said it "understands" safety concerns but inclusion has trumped
that safety.

"We respect and understand the complexity and concerns that exist
regarding student safety. However, student safety has not been a
successful defense to excluding students of one gender from
participating on teams of the opposite gender," the MIAA said in a
statement. "The arguments generally fail due to the lack of correlation
between injuries and mixed-gender teams."

Male competitor breaks girl's teeth Video
not addressed."

"We all witnessed the substantial damage that a male has the ability to
cause against a female during a game," Bain wrote. "How much longer does
the MIAA plan on using girls as statistical data points before they
realize that boys do not belong in girls’ sports? Twenty injuries? One
hundred? Death?"

Bain added that high school field hockey rules were created for girls to
play against girls.

"Altering the rules and equipment to adapt to gameplay involving boys is
not only an inconvenience, but it comes with a physical and emotional
cost for players who are forced to change the game they love," she
added. "By trying to create equality, you are only creating inequalities.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"Please use this as an opportunity to take a negative incident and turn
it into a positive change."

Ryan Gaydos is a senior editor for Fox News Digital.

Conversation2.3K Comments
9 Viewing
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.

Sort by

Best
FeelinFroggy642

What a strange world we live in where scholastic leagues use terms like
"however" when discussing student safety. I remember when safety was
first. It's supposed to be that way at every workplace and school in
America, but not anymore.

Share
msense364

Funny, according to Hilary Clinton this is normal. Her big old mouth
flapping about the FEAR of Trump and changing back to normal was hilarious

Share
dawgie84

We never thought of safety as kids in the 60’s-70’s. We didn’t have to.
We did think we were bulletproof. Kids have to be kids, and not playing
on their phones 24/7. Get them out of the house people.

Share

1 reply

Show 2 more replies
ken1118

The GIRLS can put a stop to this. They HAVE to stand together and refuse
to play with or against boys. WHEN they do - the situation will change
very quickly. When they do not have sufficient participants to have
games - THEN the situation will change. Stand up, stand TOGETHER - FORCE
a change.

Share
SuperSM

Absolutely---refuse to play against men. There are plenty of leagues
sponsored by other organizations where girls can play against girls and
by age bracket.

Share

1 reply
GeminiGirl

I agree, this is the only way to end this insanity. Biological women are
going to have to stand up for themselves.

Share

5 replies

Show 14 more replies
N-libtard289

In college we had co-ed teams. We played full-speed, no contact and used
the girls’ rules. Every man on the field in all co-ed sports absolutel
knew it was for fun even though we were competative and were careful to
not endager a woman. But, we didn’t let woman play D1 men’s sports with
us because ...See more

Share
milner922

I played hockey too, and was a high scoring center. I was bruised from
my knees to my ankles every season; but I never heard of a single facial
injury ever. And the girls on the teams, even in practice could be
brutal, especially when they had PMS... but, girls playing against girls
--> the strengt...

See more

Share

2 replies
bimhi

Unless it is a social activity, why would any self respecting male want
to play on a girls team?

Share

7 replies

Show 6 more replies
exmark

Just like that, ... there are two genders.

In the classroom, the students are taught about multiple genders,
picking genders, etc. But, then the incident happened, suddenly all the
"picking gender" ideas went silent. Suddenly, it was about a boys and
girls, two genders.

This incident exposes what...