Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Democrat_Bloomberg_blasts_Biden’s_handling_of_mig
rant_crisis
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:25:06 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 22:25 UTC

from
https://nypost.com/2023/09/11/bloomberg-blasts-bidens-handling-of-migrant-crisis-as-billionaire-donor-warns-dems-will-pay-at-the-polls/

Bloomberg blasts Biden’s handling of migrant crisis as billionaire donor
warns Dems will pay at the polls

By Craig McCarthy
Published Sep. 11, 2023, 6:14 p.m. ET
MORE ON:
MICHAEL BLOOMBERG
City Hall WAGs: Meet the New York mayoral wives and girlfriends
Biden spends 9/11 far from terror attack sites as VP Harris visits
Ground Zero in NYC
Gov. Hochul, Mayor Adams and the fall of New York

Powerful Democratic billionaire donor Michael Bloomberg on Monday
ratcheted up the pressure on President Biden over the migrant crisis —
skewering him for turning a blind eye to the US’s broken border laws.

Bloomberg — while heaping praise on New York City Mayor Eric Adams for
doing an “admirable job” trying to cope with the lack of federal support
over the debacle — raged in a column that the White House will be
responsible for sweeping Democratic losses up and down the ticket in
2024 if the Biden administration doesn’t wake up.

“Think about it: We have a system that essentially allows an unlimited
number of people to cross our borders, forbids them from working, offers
them free housing, and grants them seven years of residency before
ruling on whether they can legally stay,” the news tech titan-turned
philanthropist and former Big Apple mayor, 81, wrote in the New York Times.

“It would be hard to devise a more backward and self-defeating system,”
Bloomberg said.

The blistering column is only adding to the mounting pressure on the
White House — especially from within Biden’s own party and among
deep-pocketed donors — to adequately address the crisis.

MICHAEL BLOOMBERG
4 Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg blames the White House for potential
Democratic losses on the 2024 ticket.
Warzer Jaff
Last month, more than 100 Big Apple execs sent a letter to Biden and
Congress saying US immigration and border policies “are clearly a
federal responsibility” and that the powerhouse business people are
“deeply concerned” about where the country is headed on the issue.

Bloomberg wrote that both sides of the political aisle are responsible
for finding a solution — but the Dems could suffer the worst at the
polls if one is not quickly found.

“It’s imperative that Congress and the president work together to secure
the resources and adopt the policy changes necessary to fix the asylum
process,” Bloomberg said.

“Tackling the crisis in ways that stay true to our history and values is
the best way to help asylum seekers, support cities and prevent
xenophobes from gaining political power.”

U.S. President Joe Biden
4 Bloomberg believes both political parties have to find a solution to the
migrant crisis.
AP/Nhac Nguyen
Bloomberg — who flanked Adams at the 9/11 memorial service in Lower
Manhattan on Monday — came to the defense of Hizzoner, who has been
battling the White House for more federal aid to cope with the flood of
migrants into the Big Apple in recent months.

Adams last week warned the issue will “destroy” New York City without
more help from the Biden administration, prompting backlash that the
remarks were anti-migrant.

“Critics who have latched onto Mayor Adams’s recent comments that the
crisis will ‘destroy’ the city seem more concerned with his words —
spoken in understandable frustration with Washington — than with the
problem itself,” Bloomberg wrote, lauding the mayor’s “admirable job” in
handling the more than 100,000 migrants who have come through the city
since the start of the crisis in spring 2022.

But it’s not just NYC where the crisis is increasing, Bloomberg said.

“Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington, Denver and other cities are also
experiencing an influx of asylum seekers who have no housing and no
means of legally earning money,” he wrote. “Meanwhile, the federal
government is failing to provide the resources necessary to hear asylum
cases in anything approaching an expeditious fashion.

“It can take six or seven years for an applicant’s case to be resolved,”
the former mayor said.

eric adams
4 Mayor Eric Adams warned the migrant crisis will “destroy” New York City
without more help from the Biden administration.
William Farrington
Much of what Bloomberg blasted Biden and Congress over echoed the alarms
raised by New York City’s business community last month.

“Immigration policies and control of our country’s border are clearly a
federal responsibility; state and local governments have no standing in
this matter,” read a letter penned by the Partnership for New York City.

“The New York business community is deeply concerned about the
humanitarian crisis that has resulted from the continued flow of
asylum-seekers into our country,’’ said the missive, signed by such
business powerhouses as JPMorgan boss Jamie Dimon and Macy’s chairman
Jeff Gennette.

migrants
4 Bloomberg has also been battling the White House for more federal aid to
cope with the migrants in recent months.
Kevin C. Downs for NY Post
135
What do you think? Post a comment.
But days later, after a closed-door meeting between White House
officials and Gov. Kathy Hochul — who along with Adams has repeatedly
banged the drum on fast-tracked work visas — the Biden White House only
tried to enlist the private sector to pitch-in in the crisis for free.

Adams and Hochul have both called on the federal government to take
ownership of the crisis, but their pleas have been largely ignored.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Email
Copy

135
FILED UNDER DEMOCRATS JOE BIDEN MICHAEL BLOOMBERG MIGRANTS 9/11/23
READ NEXT
DeSantis demands transparency on Saudi Arabia's role in 9/...

Conversation135 Comments
Share your stance. Please adhere to our guidelines.

Sort by

Best
Kenny Hawk

“It’s imperative that Congress and the president work together to secure
the resources and adopt the policy changes necessary to fix the asylum
process,” Bloomberg said.

Bloomberg is wrong! Our "asylum process" isn't in need of any "fix." Our
immigration system is simply in need of enforcement. For...

See more

Share
SINY74

This is a tactical agenda to secure democratic votes.

Share
Bronx critics

Send them back home if any

Share

Show 1 more reply
Jussie Smollett's Sandwich

Bloomberg wrote that both sides of the political aisle are responsible
for finding a solution — but the Dems could suffer the worst at the
polls if one is not quickly found.

The one side of the aisle has suggested stopping the flow as well as
some suggesting a wall be built...the other side appears ...

See more

Share

1 reply
hanna doggie

Ay, Mike, Previous administration did not just talk about finally
securing our Southern US border, they shutdown 87% of illegal crossings,
and were building the wall US government was obligated to build more
than 200 years ago.

Share