Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.economics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: 'WE DESERVE BETTER': Americans reveal the one thing that will sway
their vote in 2024
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:06:34 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 18:06 UTC

from
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/deserve-better-americans-reveal-one-thing-sway-vote-2024

'WE DESERVE BETTER': Americans reveal the one thing that will sway their
vote in 2024
Some Americans said the economy and the border were top concern heading
into 2024, while others said abortion and environmental issues

By Teny Sahakian FOXBusiness
close

‘WE DESERVE BETTER': Americans reveal the one thing that will sway their
vote in 2024
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — People on Broadway told FOX Business the economy,
abortion, the border and trust in leadership are among their top voting
priorities heading into the 2024 presidential election.

"Obviously it’s the economy," Glenn said. "And they gotta fix the
border. Those are the two main things."

"Abortion rights," Melissa told FOX Business. "Because a woman has a
right to choose about her body and what she does with it."

WATCH MORE FOX NEWS DIGITAL ORIGINALS HERE

Americans weighed in on their top priorities when choosing a
presidential candidate to vote for in 2024, listing issues like the
economy, abortion and the border.video
‘WE DESERVE BETTER': Americans reveal the one thing that will sway their
vote in 2024
Americans weighed in on their top priorities when choosing a
presidential candidate to vote for in 2024, listing issues like the
economy, abortion and the border.

Elaine said the most important factors for her when deciding who to vote
for are "honesty, sincerity and what their faith is."

Seven candidates will face off Wednesday night at the Ronald Reagan
Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, for the second GOP
primary debate. After skipping the first debate in August, Republican
front-runner former President Trump again won't participate.

The presidential hopefuls will present solutions to some of America's
most pressing issues. But do they know what issues voters are
prioritizing heading into 2024?

"The economy — it’s in bad shape," Jennifer told FOX Business. "A few
years ago we were in much better shape. We really need a Republican in
office."

Mike said when selecting a candidate, his top concern was someone who
will "try to get the country back on a better financial basis."

WHAT REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFULS STAND TO GAIN

Republican presidential candidates
Elaine said "honesty, sincerity" and their faith are the most important
qualities she is looking for in a president. (Al Drago/Bloomberg / Getty
Images)

Inflation concerns remain high with 91% of registered voters saying they
were concerned about higher prices, a September Fox News poll found. The
poll also showed 79% were worried about housing costs, 75% about taxes
and 74% about paying their bills.

Jim said his ideal candidate would focus on "the inflationary pressures
that everyone is facing, the standard of living that people have, people
coming across the border."

"Those are all issues fresh on our mind," he added.

Donna said her priority is "women’s rights, as far as pro-choice," while
Dana said she would like a candidate focused on "social justice,
environmental issues."

GOP STRATEGISTS WARN 2024 PRESIDENTIAL CONTENDERS 'CAN'T KEEP DANCING'
AROUND EACH OTHER AT SECOND DEBATE

Trust in U.S. institutions such as the federal government, the FBI and
the Supreme Court hit a record-low this summer, according to a June Fox
News poll.

Only 34% of voters said they had a great deal or some confidence in
Congress, compared to 53% in 2017, the poll found. Confidence in the FBI
dropped to 59%, compared to 80% in 2017. A record high of 66% said they
did not trust the federal government, up from 60% in May 2021.

President Biden speaks
Jennifer said the economy has been "in bad shape" ever since Biden took
office and the country "really needs a Republican in office." (Ramsay de
Give/Bloomberg via Getty Images / Getty Images)

Patricia told FOX Business that trust was the most important quality she
was looking for in a presidential candidate.

"Trust and helping the people out, standing behind their words when they
say it. That’s about it," she said. "A lot of candidates don’t show
that. They say what they wanna say, but they don’t stand behind their word."

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

Similarly, Bill said he's looking for "a person who is wanting to serve
the people and not serve their selfish interest of power and money."

"All kinds of policies from illegal aliens, to our economy, to what’s
being taught in our schools to our kids," he continued, "those are top
three things."

Jeff said the most important issue to him is dealing with corruption in
Washington, D.C.

"I feel it’s long overdue that our political system needs to be purged,"
he said. "There’s a cancer and a rot there."

Isabelle McDonnell contributed to the accompanying video.

Conversation595 Comments
91 Viewing

Sort by

Best

hi5nguy
7 hours ago

How about start by banning all the big corporations, lobbyists, and
super-pacs from donating to candidates. Then set term limits for
Congress! That would be a good start.

Share

free2air
5 hours ago

Of course but will never happen, so it’s not worth discussing. Best we
can hope for is remove Democrats from power.

Share

2 replies

johne37179
5 hours ago

The Supreme Court has already ruled that can't do that. Term limits are
interesting, but those are set in the constitution and changing that
would be an uphill climb.

Share

1 reply

Show 3 more replies

Steady608
8 hours ago

Donna said her priority is "women’s rights, as far as pro-choice," while
Dana said she would like a candidate focused on "social justice,
environmental issues."

Donna's priorities are very mixed up. I wonder what her view is on
"vaccine" mandates as far as "pro-choice" is concerned? My money says ...

See more

Share

concernedvet1
8 hours ago

It's easy to fix the pro-choice dilemma.... abstain. The choice begins
before the act, before the back seat or the bedroom or hotel room.
Sadly, bad choices have consequences.

Share

4 replies

stephenjohnson_1
7 hours ago

Of the government, for the government, and by the government.

This is what the overwhelming majority of Democrats have come to believe.

Share

Show 10 more replies

ironmaiden22
8 hours ago

The one young girl that said "social justice and environmental" are the
biggest concerns is another product of our failed educational system.
Indoctrination is real, and she obviously is just repeating what her
radical left teachers told her.

Share

joesnip89
5 hours ago

Trump built 475 miles of 30 foot high Steel border Wall.

Trump DOUBLED the value of US stock markets.

Trump cut taxes for ALL Americans.

Trump named 3 solid supreme court justices that overturned the horrible
roe v wade.

Biden has destroyed America. $8 for a dozen eggs. $100 to fill up my
tank. Only th...

See more

Share

EndofAmerica679
7 hours ago

Pure ignorance

Share

Show 3 more replies

AlfredForPrez
8 hours ago

"Abortion rights," Melissa told FOX Business. "Because a woman has a
right to choose about her body and what she does with it."

And the federal government is no longer responsible for that issue.

Women still have the right to choose what they want to do with their
bodies - unless the state they live...

See more

Share

KingKong2.5
5 hours ago

Uninformed and programmed voters. They live on social media and think
everything they read is true.

Share

EndofAmerica679
7 hours ago

Abortion is not impacting my vote in any way. These liberals are utterly
stupid! It’s the economy and the failure of the Biden administration in
protecting us from invaders. DEPORT ALL NON- AMERICANS ASAP!!!!

Share

2 replies

Show 5 more replies

deportbiden
7 hours ago

Thanks to Biden deportations should also be added to the list. Probably
an armed military at the border should be present for at least a year as
well. We also need Trump's remain in Mexico policy back.

Share

vikingsmatter888
8 hours ago

The word the media does not want to use is Hyperinflation. It's
happening right now.

Share

1 reply

lifelonghuman
7 hours ago

It's so easy to fix the economy. Become energy independent again. There
is no climate crisis.

Share

agent00seven
5 hours ago

More than 1,600 leading scientists from around the world have signed a
“World Climate Declaration” stating there is no climate emergency.

Click here to read the complete article