Newsgroups: or.politics,ca.politics,seattle.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Cuomo_says_Adams_is_‘right’_to_claim_migr
ant_crisis_could_destroy_NYC,_rips_Biden_and_Hochul_policy_
‘madness’
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:30:54 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 17:30 UTC

from
https://nypost.com/2023/09/24/bully-pulpit-andrew-cuomo-defends-eric-adams-on-migrants/

Cuomo says Adams is ‘right’ to claim migrant crisis could destroy NYC,
rips Biden and Hochul policy ‘madness’

By Kevin Sheehan and Jesse O’Neill
Published Sep. 24, 2023, 4:07 p.m. ET
MORE ON:
CUOMO
Melissa DeRosa, former Cuomo aide lied to me about her book
They’re ‘Machiavellian bare knuckle-brawling back-stabbers’: Cuomos at
war with ex-gov. Andrew’s accusers
Ex-CNN boss Jeff Zucker fired Chris Cuomo to cozy up to David Zaslav: report
Tappan Zee name could still get added to Mario Cuomo Bridge

Former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Sunday that Big Apple Mayor Eric
Adams “is right” to warn the migrant crisis could “destroy” the five
boroughs.

Cuomo, 65, sided with Adams while bashing their fellow Dems — President
Biden and successor Gov. Kathy Hochul — over migrant policies he called
“madness.

“The federal government has failed to manage the problem,” Cuomo told
the largely black congregation at God’s Battalion of Prayer Church in
Prospect Lefferts Garden, Brooklyn — a friendly audience that has
welcomed the scandal-scarred thrice elected governor in the past.

“The plain truth is New York City is overloaded,” said the former gov,
who has been rumored to be plotting a political comeback after stepping
down from his post in 2021 during an avalanche of sexual misconduct and
harassment allegations.

“We cannot take more than we have taken. And the plain truth is New York
City cannot pay the bill for this migrant problem,” Cuomo said, echoing
comments he made on his podcast last week.

“It is billions and billions of dollars for New York City. And this is
on top of the homeless problem, the crime problem, people leaving,
businesses leaving post-COVID.”

cuomo
Ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaks to parishioners at God’s Battalion of Prayer
Church in Brooklyn on Sunday morning, blasting many of his fellow
Democrats on the migrant crisis and crime.
Gregory P. Mango
(EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS). A mother from Honduras crawled through concertina
wire with her three children after crossing the Rio Grande river from
Mexico into the United States on Sunday, September 24, 2023 in Eagle
Pass, Texas.(James Keivom for New York Post)
A mother from Honduras crawled through concertina wire with her three
children after crossing the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United
States on Sunday.
James Keivom
(EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS). A mother from Honduras crawled through concertina
wire with her three children after crossing the Rio Grande river from
Mexico into the United States on Sunday, September 24, 2023 in Eagle
Pass, Texas.(James Keivom for New York Post)
James Keivom
Cuomo then blasted Hochul, his former lieutenant who was elevated to
Albany’s top job in the wake of his resignation. The former governor has
denied the accusations against him.

Hochul, for example, has refused to try to force other parts of the
state to take migrants.

Cuomo said the steps that the state and feds have taken — or not — to
deal with the migrant crisis so far make “no sense.

“It’s madness,” Cuomo said. “Mayor Adams is right. This is
unsustainable, and it’s unjustifiable.”

Honduran migrant Maria Argentina, an amputee, and daughter, Nathalie
Virginia, 2, crossed the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United
States on Sunday, September 24, 2023 in Eagle Pass, Texas. (James Keivom
for New York Post)
Honduran migrant Maria Argentina, an amputee, and daughter, Nathalie, 2,
crossed the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States on Sunday.
James Keivom
(EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS). A mother from Honduras crawled through concertina
wire with her three children after crossing the Rio Grande river from
Mexico into the United States on Sunday, September 24, 2023 in Eagle
Pass, Texas.(James Keivom for New York Post)
Cuomo said the steps that the state and feds have taken — or not — to
deal with the migrant crisis so far make “no sense.”
James Keivom
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers cut concertina wire to let
migrants who crossed the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United
States cross to be processed and transported on Sunday, September 24,
2023 in Eagle Pass, Texas.(James Keivom for New York Post)
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers cut concertina wire to let
migrants who crossed the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United
States cross to be processed and transported.
James Keivom
Earlier this month, Adams famously predicted the raging issue could
“destroy” New York City as the White House turns a deaf ear to the
thousands of asylum seekers arriving in the Big Apple each month.

“I’m gonna tell you something, New Yorkers, never in my life have I had
a problem that I didn’t see an ending to. I don’t see an ending to
this,” Adams said at the time at a town hall on the Upper West Side.
“This issue will destroy New York City.”

Cuomo said Sunday, “It’s not a New York City problem, it’s a federal and
a state problem first.

“The federal government has to do its job. Manage the population, do it
intelligently. And do it fairly. And the federal government has to pay
the bill. Because the last people who should have to pay it are the
taxpayers of the City of New York,” he said.

Migrants cross the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States
on Sunday, September 24, 2023 in Eagle Pass, Texas.(James Keivom for New
York Post)
Migrants cross the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States
on Sunday.
James Keivom
Migrants crossed the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States
before they were processed and taken into custody by U.S. Customs and
Border Protection officers on Saturday, September 23, 2023 in Eagle
Pass, Texas. (James Keivom for New York Post)
Earlier this month, Adams famously predicted the migrant issue could
“destroy” New York City.
James Keivom
Migrants crossed the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States
before they were processed and taken into custody by U.S. Customs and
Border Protection officers on Saturday, September 23, 2023 in Eagle
Pass, Texas (James Keivom for New York Post)
Cuomo said the federal government has “failed to manage” the migrant
problem.
James Keivom
“It’s time to stand in solidarity with Mayor Adams when he says this
should not be on the shoulders of New York City residents alone. We need
help from the federal government and the state government.”

Cuomo also bashed his own party over crime.

“Hard truth, people out there on the street or afraid of crime. That is
the truth,” Cuomo said.

“And you have too many politicians, and I’m a Democrat, too many
Democrat politicians who are hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.
‘What crime?! I don’t see no crime! It’s a Republican conspiracy.’

“Makes no sense,” Cuomo said. “Because crime hurts our people. Seventy
to 80% of the victims of crime, black and brown, and poor.

post front page
Former Gov. David Paterson’s praise Sunday of Gov. Kathy Hochul echoed
The Post editorial board’s support of her recent new stronger stance on
the migrant crisis.
csuarez
” ‘Defund the police’ are the three dumbest political words ever
uttered,” he added, referring to lefties’ push to take money away from cops.

The former governor’s speech echoed predecessor ex-Gov. David Paterson’s
recent barrage of criticism of current Democratic standard bearers on
the migrant crisis and crime.

Paterson again took to the airwaves Sunday to discuss the topics but
praised Hochul, who like him was elevated to office in a sex scandal,
for recently taking on the feds over the migrants.

“Gov. Hochul in the last few days has really changed her position about
the migrants, completely supporting what Mayor Adams has been saying for
a couple of months, which is that this is really a federal problem that
got dropped on New York City and New York state without any particular
assistance; no plan to solve the problem,” Paterson told host John
Catsimatidis on WABC 770’s “Cats Roundtable” on Sunday.

Adams, for his part, took a more conciliatory tone than usual Sunday
when asked whether his partners in government were rising to the occasion.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers helped migrants who crossed
the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States scale shipping
containers used to block the shore on Sunday, September 24, 2023 in
Eagle Pass, Texas.(James Keivom for New York Post)
U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers helped migrants who crossed
the Rio Grande river from Mexico into the United States.
James Keivom
Migrants crossing Rio Grande
Migrants crossing Rio Grande
James Keivom
Migrants wait at the front of the line at 26 Federal Plaza to apply for
federal services, such as a work permit or asylum.
Migrants wait in line at 26 Federal Plaza in Manhattan to apply for
federal services such as a work permit or asylum.
Seth Gottfried
“I want to thank the president, I want to thank his team,” Adams said,
referring to the White House’s decision to clear a pathway for migrants
from Venezuela and Afghanistan to work, on WABC’s “Up Close With Bill
Ritter.

Click here to read the complete article