Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.

interests / rec.gardens.edible / Re: Squirrels decimating mangoes

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Squirrels decimating mangoesPatrick Greaux
`* Re: Squirrels decimating mangoesT
 `- Re: Squirrels decimating mangoesT

1
Re: Squirrels decimating mangoes

<2fd46801-9f39-4844-960d-678c76cf1dd8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=381&group=rec.gardens.edible#381

Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 07:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Squirrels decimating mangoes
From: patgre...@gmail.com (Patrick Greaux)
 by: Patrick Greaux - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 14:56 UTC

On Sunday, June 16, 2002 at 6:06:12 PM UTC-4, B.Server wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 01:06:38 GMT, "Ray Stern" <rays...@adelphia.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >Kshuller2 <kshu...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> CATS!!!!!! Mine kill the squirrels and bring them to the doorstep for show
> >and
> >> tell. LOL. Gooooooooooooood kitty.
> >> Kshuller
> >
> >Bribery may provide a non-lethal solution. The squirrels used to raid my
> >bird feeders until I installed a squirrel feeder and stocked it with peanuts
> >and sunflower seeds. Now they don't bother the feeders.
> >
> >If you can't beat'em, feed'em.
> >
> >Ray
> >
> I guess it might work but my bet would be that it would merely permit
> the squirrel population to increase to absorb the increased resources.
> Sooner or later, they will want the dessert course.
Tried almost everything like hanging old CD’s, attached lose aluminum foil etc. Works for a while but they’re smart and figure out after a few days. Even wrapped a big rubber snake around the trunk…five days later they were stepping on it!!!
One thing that works for me to stop rodents and birds is to use steel wire mesh bags like the ones on the website QYFIRST (or type QYFIRST in the Amazon search bar). I use them to protect my mangos and avocados and no loss of fruits since I started using them. I even protect my tomatoes from rats with them. They can’t chew the steel mesh. Works perfect!

Re: Squirrels decimating mangoes

<t0s1p2$33l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=382&group=rec.gardens.edible#382

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 23:57:36 -0700
 by: T - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 06:57 UTC

On 3/14/22 07:56, Patrick Greaux wrote:
> On Sunday, June 16, 2002 at 6:06:12 PM UTC-4, B.Server wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 01:06:38 GMT, "Ray Stern" <rays...@adelphia.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Kshuller2 <kshu...@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> and
>>>
>>> Bribery may provide a non-lethal solution. The squirrels used to raid my
>>> bird feeders until I installed a squirrel feeder and stocked it with peanuts
>>> and sunflower seeds. Now they don't bother the feeders.
>>>
>>> If you can't beat'em, feed'em.
>>>
>>> Ray
>>>
>> I guess it might work but my bet would be that it would merely permit
>> the squirrel population to increase to absorb the increased resources.
>> Sooner or later, they will want the dessert course.
> Tried almost everything like hanging old CD’s, attached lose aluminum foil etc. Works for a while but they’re smart and figure out after a few days. Even wrapped a big rubber snake around the trunk…five days later they were stepping on it!!!
> One thing that works for me to stop rodents and birds is to use steel wire mesh bags like the ones on the website QYFIRST (or type QYFIRST in the Amazon search bar). I use them to protect my mangos and avocados and no loss of fruits since I started using them. I even protect my tomatoes from rats with them. They can’t chew the steel mesh. Works perfect!

Hi Patrick,
Get you one of these. Make sure you are not
eating or drinking anything when you watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VVxWuIvBto
I laughed my a*** off.
-T

Re: Squirrels decimating mangoes

<t103d1$bm2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=385&group=rec.gardens.edible#385

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.edible
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 12:49:53 -0700
 by: T - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 19:49 UTC

On 3/15/22 23:57, T wrote:
> On 3/14/22 07:56, Patrick Greaux wrote:
>> On Sunday, June 16, 2002 at 6:06:12 PM UTC-4, B.Server wrote:

>>> I guess it might work but my bet would be that it would merely permit
>>> the squirrel population to increase to absorb the increased resources.
>>> Sooner or later, they will want the dessert course.
>> Tried almost everything like hanging old CD’s, attached lose aluminum
>> foil etc. Works for a while but they’re smart and figure out after a
>> few days. Even wrapped a big rubber snake around the trunk…five days
>> later they were stepping on it!!!
>> One thing that works for me to stop rodents and birds is to use steel
>> wire mesh bags like the ones on the website QYFIRST   (or type QYFIRST
>> in the Amazon search bar).  I use them to protect my mangos and
>> avocados and no loss of fruits since I started using them. I even
>> protect my tomatoes from rats with them. They can’t chew the steel
>> mesh. Works perfect!
>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Get you one of these.  Make sure you are not
> eating or drinking anything when you watch this:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VVxWuIvBto
>
> I laughed my a*** off.
>
> -T
This one is even better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG9n7ymR4z4
The fun starts a 0:59
Lots of slow motion from several angles. You
can almost hear the squirrels yelling "OH S***!".
And when they land and run back for more, you can
almost hear them yelling "AGAIN! AGAIN!"