Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Democrats Hate the Working Class. Biden's Work Permits for
Venezuelans Is the Latest Proof
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:15:57 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:15 UTC

from
https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-hate-working-class-bidens-work-permits-venezuelans-latest-proof-opinion-1828970

Democrats Hate the Working Class. Biden's Work Permits for Venezuelans
Is the Latest Proof | Opinion

KEVIN LYNN , EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, THE INSTITUTE FOR SOUND PUBLIC POLICY;
FOUNDER, U.S. TECH WORKERS
ON 9/21/23 AT 4:28 PM EDT
CONTINUE
Play
Unmute
Current Time 0:00
/ Duration 0:52
Quality
Fullscreen

Greg Abbott Touts Razor Wire, River Barriers As Border 'Invasion' Declared
Share

In late August, the CEOs of many New York City based companies including
Pfizer, BlackRock, and Citigroup signed an open letter to President
Biden urging him to expedite work permits for those who have entered the
country illegally as a way of dealing with the crisis at the southern
border. "We write to support the request made by New York Governor
Hochul for federal funding for educational, housing, security, and
health care services to offset the costs that local and state
governments are incurring with limited federal aid," wrote the CEOs.
"There is a compelling need for expedited processing of asylum
applications and work permits for those who meet federal eligibility
standards."

Well, what the CEOs of America's leading corporations want, they get.
Yesterday, the Biden administration extended a program that would allow
as many as 500,000 Venezuelan Nationals who arrived in the U.S. prior to
July 31, 2023, to apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and
Employment Authorization Documents (EADs).

This is a clear abuse of TPS, which is meant for migrants who are unable
to safely return home. The federal government may designate a country
for TPS if there's an armed conflict or a natural disaster—think civil
war or an earthquake. Is there a civil war or the threat of one going on
in Venezuela? Are there any natural disasters present other than those
being inflicted by the current regime on its people?

Of course not, and Biden's decision will certainly encourage many more
migrants to begin to make the journey.

There is a misconception that TPS grants only the privilege of living
and working in the U.S. for a finite amount of time. Truth be told, TPS
beneficiaries may be eligible for Medicaid, Family Health Plus, or Child
Health Plus. So, America's CEOs are getting an ever-expanding workforce
desperate to work at any wage, and the cost of paying them less than
what they can live on is getting passed onto tax paying citizens.

migrants
Migrants jump over the barbed wire fence in Rio Grande in Eagle Pass,
Texas after crossing into US from Mexico on August 25, 2023.
SUZANNE CORDEIRO/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

Due to their low levels of education and skills, most of these new
migrants will seek jobs in construction, building cleaning and
maintenance, food service and preparation, groundskeeping, retail sales,
and food processing—jobs that are already being performed by citizens
and legal immigrants. It is these American workers with a high school
degree or less who have found themselves increasingly being pushed out
of the labor force by new arrivals. The labor force participation rate
has been gradually declining since the mid-1960s—which coincides with
the passage of the Immigration Reform Act of 1965 (IRA65).

This is not surprising. Labor does not exist in a vacuum. It is subject
to the same laws of supply and demand as any other market. As we
witnessed during the response to the COVID-19 crisis when immigration
levels dropped, pay for both U.S. wage earners and salaried workers
increased. Good jobs that pay a living wage and provide benefits that
lead to increased household wealth are in short supply for those without
a college degree, and the prospects for more of them dim with each new
flock of immigrants arriving at our southern border.

Immigration is Harming American Agricultural Workers—Especially Black Ones
Biden's Open Border Hurts Black Americans Most of All—and We Know It
Black Leaders Have Sold Out Our Community to the Immigration Lobby
Well, at least those immigrants allowed TPS and paroled can't vote, right?

Wrong. Earlier this summer, "supporters of a year-old law aimed at
expanding voting rights to nearly a million immigrants in New York City
took their case to the Appellate Court in Brooklyn Friday, seeking to
overturn a lower court ruling that barred the law from taking effect."
The ability of New York City citizens to control their destiny now hangs
by a thread.

If the City is successful in its appeal, these newly
employment-authorized illegal aliens could vote in the next election.

None of this bodes well for anyone. But until the populace ejects the
politicians who push the notion of sanctuary cities, conditions will
continue to deteriorate.

The U.S. is facing rising inflation, a shrinking labor force and labor
participation rates, crippling household and national debt, a crumbling
infrastructure, and an out-of-control southern border. These problems
are destroying our productive classes and the institutions we rely upon
are unable to adapt or are embracing a bizarre range of social justice
priorities.

Nothing bears greater witness to this than the impact of the migrant
crisis on New York City. And instead of finding solutions, our leaders
have committed to the problem.

Kevin Lynn is the founder of U.S. Tech Workers. Lynn writes about the
role that the nonimmigrant employment visa system has on skilled
white-collar workers. He is based in Pennsylvania. Contact him at klynn
@ ifspp dot org.

The views expressed in this article are the writer's own.

REQUEST REPRINT & LICENSING, SUBMIT CORRECTION OR VIEW EDITORIAL GUIDELINES

Re: Democrats Hate the Working Class. Biden's Work Permits for Venezuelans Is the Latest Proof

<uelj6v$kom0$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3812&group=alt.law-enforcement#3812

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics
Subject: Re: Democrats Hate the Working Class. Biden's Work Permits for Venezuelans Is the Latest Proof
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 02:40:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 02:40 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

> from
> https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-hate-working-class-bidens-work-permi
> ts-venezuelans-latest-proof-opinion-1828970
>
> Democrats Hate the Working Class. Biden's Work Permits for Venezuelans
> Is the Latest Proof | Opinion

Sez the conservatoon who out of the other side of his mouth claims "nobody
wants to work".