Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.health,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
From: 68hx.1...@g5t7x.net (68hx.1805)
Subject: And There It Is - Someone Finally Realizes "ADHD" Drugs Can Cause Heart Damage
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 23:30:57 -0400
 by: 68hx.1805 - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:30 UTC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13244765/Adderall-ADHD-drug-fatal-heart-damage.html

Fears over long-term effects of Adderall as study suggests
drug can cause fatal heart damage

People prescribed stimulants were 57% more likely to have a
weakened heart

Researchers from the University of Colorado looked at Americans
between the age of 20 and 40 who were prescribed Adderall or
Ritalin for their ADHD.

They found patients were nearly 60 percent more likely to
have a weakened heart eight years after taking them compared
with people who also had ADHD but who are not taking those
medications.

The stimulant drugs work by altering levels of chemicals in
the brain to enhance concentration and focus, but there are
concerns they can also elevate blood pressure by causing the
heart to beat faster and with greater force.

Over time this can weaken the heart and lead to the heart
muscle becoming thicker, stiffer and larger. This can cause
an irregular heartbeat, heart failure, or a life-threatening
condition called cardiac arrest.

.. . .

They've been handing these things out like candy for
decades so kids won't act - horrors - like kids.

All these drugs are sub-variants of amphetamines. Check
into the micro-arterial damage done by amphetamine use.

How many are going to suffer painful/expensive
deterioration and early death just for the
convenience of Ms. Perkins at the local school ?

Re: And There It Is - Someone Finally Realizes "ADHD" Drugs Can Cause Heart Damage

<XnsB1437D171821Fhueydlltampabayrrcom@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37719&group=alt.politics#37719

Followup: talk.politics.misc
From: huey....@tampabay.rr.com (David LaRue)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.health,alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:18:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: David LaRue - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:18 UTC

"68hx.1805" <68hx.1804@g5t7x.net> wrote in

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13244765/Adderall-ADHD-drug-fa
> tal-heart-damage.html
>
> Fears over long-term effects of Adderall as study suggests
> drug can cause fatal heart damage
>
> People prescribed stimulants were 57% more likely to have a
> weakened heart
>
> Researchers from the University of Colorado looked at Americans
> between the age of 20 and 40 who were prescribed Adderall or
> Ritalin for their ADHD.
>
> They found patients were nearly 60 percent more likely to
> have a weakened heart eight years after taking them compared
> with people who also had ADHD but who are not taking those
> medications.
>
> The stimulant drugs work by altering levels of chemicals in
> the brain to enhance concentration and focus, but there are
> concerns they can also elevate blood pressure by causing the
> heart to beat faster and with greater force.
>
> Over time this can weaken the heart and lead to the heart
> muscle becoming thicker, stiffer and larger. This can cause
> an irregular heartbeat, heart failure, or a life-threatening
> condition called cardiac arrest.
>
> . . .
>
> They've been handing these things out like candy for
> decades so kids won't act - horrors - like kids.
>
> All these drugs are sub-variants of amphetamines. Check
> into the micro-arterial damage done by amphetamine use.
>
> How many are going to suffer painful/expensive
> deterioration and early death just for the
> convenience of Ms. Perkins at the local school ?

Until they teach discipline and rules for children there will be problems
in schools and (now) workplaces.

I've seen relatives with abolutely no rules for their kids (now teens) be
hell on the parents and teachers. We've babysat the kids in their younger
years (1-6 grade) and the kids responded to giving them rules when here and
they always behaved. When the parents came to collect their kids they
would always ask how we managed to get them to do work, interested in
things, take baths, and go to bed on time. The parents never "got it" that
raising kids with no rules led to all their problems in school and at home.
One is ADHD medicated and has been allowed to where his sister's clothes
while growing up. He learns well but is having trouble relating to peers.
Yes he wants to transition now and the parents shipped him off to
California so he can live as she wants. He/She still has problems there
and I've been informed the parents solution is for them (the parents and
daughter) to move to California to be near the other child and support
whatever she wants to do.

Regarding the ADHD medication, we've seen it help some kids and not work
for some. Those whose parents were drug addicts whether in that home or a
new home with loving parents (adopted at birth) never quite stayed with the
drugs full time (usually weekends) and would have ongoing behavior problems
as a result.

Most drugs have long term issues, as do many illnesses, that lead to
arterial damage late in life. Choose wisely and please eat and live well,
but not to an exterme, to live a long and healthy life.