Good night to spend with family, but avoid arguments with your mate's new lover.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

SubjectAuthor
* Kitchen faucet sprayer problemJoe
+- Kitchen faucet sprayer problemmicky
`* Kitchen faucet sprayer problemtrader_4
 `* Kitchen faucet sprayer problemScott Lurndal
  +- Kitchen faucet sprayer problemEd Pawlowski
  `- Kitchen faucet sprayer problemtrader_4

1
Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

<50fdab22-2913-42f2-90b4-553a8c30cc2an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37591&group=alt.home.repair#37591

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 06:25:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem
From: harri85...@aol.com (Joe)
 by: Joe - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:25 UTC

Kitchen faucet sprayer
Subscribe
Noel8's profile photo
Noel8
Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago)
I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had to replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just want to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and would splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It seems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happens? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not to get sprayed.

Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

<8p9ith1tkahggjnc19euskothckr0p8e7a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37594&group=alt.home.repair#37594

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 09:37:54 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:37 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 31 Jan 2023 06:25:14 -0800 (PST), Joe
<harri85274@aol.com> wrote:

>Kitchen faucet sprayer
>Subscribe
>Noel8's profile photo
>Noel8
>Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago)
>I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had to replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just want to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and would splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It seems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happens? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not to get sprayed.

There is a lot of dissatisfaction among sprayers. The FBI predicts
increased violence, especially now that they have learned to
communicate, using w-mail.

Some sprayers were made in China and they have Communist tendencies.

Be careful. Try to appease your own sprayer and hope that it does not
get radicalized.

Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

<e3c15f5a-612b-44d0-9f19-49b81c8e3034n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37595&group=alt.home.repair#37595

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 06:51:45 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:51 UTC

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 9:25:18 AM UTC-5, Joe wrote:
> Kitchen faucet sprayer
> Subscribe
> Noel8's profile photo
> Noel8
> Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago)
> I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had to replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just want to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and would splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It seems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happens? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not to get sprayed.

Did the plumber supply it or did you? If it was the plumber, I would get him back,
it's a defective one and his problem. If you bought it, try contacting manufacturer's
support. That will be easier if it's a Delta than if it's some China junk from Ebay.
Sounds like there is a problem with the diverter valve part.

Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

<dTaCL.506169$iS99.324597@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37602&group=alt.home.repair#37602

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:56:57 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:56 UTC

trader_4 <trader4@optonline.net> writes:
>On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 9:25:18 AM UTC-5, Joe wrote:
>> 1 of 132324=20
>> Kitchen faucet sprayer=20
>> 0 views=20
>> Subscribe=20
>> Noel8's profile photo=20
>> Noel8=20
>> Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago)=20
>> to=20
>> I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had t=
>o replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit =
>I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just wa=
>nt to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and woul=
>d splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It se=
>ems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself=
> off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happe=
>ns? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not t=
>o get sprayed.
>
>Did the plumber supply it or did you? If it was the plumber, I would get h=
>im back,
>it's a defective one and his problem. If you bought it, try contacting man=
>ufacturer's
>support. That will be easier if it's a Delta than if it's some China junk =
>from Ebay.

Good luck with that.

"However, Delta is no longer an American faucet manufacturer.
Contract manufacturers, most of which are in China, make the
majority of Delta faucets. Delta itself produces fewer than
half of the Delta faucets sold in North America and assembles
these from parts and components manufactured mostly in Asia."

Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

<I_aCL.344422$gGD7.160567@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37605&group=alt.home.repair#37605

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 11:04:56 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:04 UTC

On 1/31/2023 10:56 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

>> Did the plumber supply it or did you? If it was the plumber, I would get h=
>> im back,
>> it's a defective one and his problem. If you bought it, try contacting man=
>> ufacturer's
>> support. That will be easier if it's a Delta than if it's some China junk =
>>from Ebay.
>
> Good luck with that.
>

> "However, Delta is no longer an American faucet manufacturer.
> Contract manufacturers, most of which are in China, make the
> majority of Delta faucets. Delta itself produces fewer than
> half of the Delta faucets sold in North America and assembles
> these from parts and components manufactured mostly in Asia."

How American of them. OTOH, it comes down to specifications. The
Chinese are capable of making high quality parts, though they will cost
more that the inferior stuff. Depends on how low they want to go

Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem

<bfaa378e-d3c2-4daf-be3e-5e7fa4997efdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=37644&group=alt.home.repair#37644

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 05:49:42 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Wed, 1 Feb 2023 13:49 UTC

On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 10:57:04 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> trader_4 <tra...@optonline.net> writes:
> >On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 9:25:18 AM UTC-5, Joe wrote:
> >> 1 of 132324=20
> >> Kitchen faucet sprayer=20
> >> 0 views=20
> >> Subscribe=20
> >> Noel8's profile photo=20
> >> Noel8=20
> >> Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM (11 days ago)=20
> >> to=20
> >> I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had t=
> >o replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit =
> >I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just wa=
> >nt to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and woul=
> >d splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It se=
> >ems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself=
> > off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happe=
> >ns? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not t=
> >o get sprayed.
> >
> >Did the plumber supply it or did you? If it was the plumber, I would get h=
> >im back,
> >it's a defective one and his problem. If you bought it, try contacting man=
> >ufacturer's
> >support. That will be easier if it's a Delta than if it's some China junk =
> >from Ebay.
>
> Good luck with that.
>

> "However, Delta is no longer an American faucet manufacturer.
> Contract manufacturers, most of which are in China, make the
> majority of Delta faucets. Delta itself produces fewer than
> half of the Delta faucets sold in North America and assembles
> these from parts and components manufactured mostly in Asia."

There is a big difference between China product sourced by a major US
company and China no name product on Ebay. One has a US company
specifying it, monitoring it, performing quality control, providing support.
AFAIK, Delta still has customer support, don't they?

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: Kitchen faucet sprayer problem