"But this one goes to eleven." -- Nigel Tufnel

interests / soc.culture.china / Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

SubjectAuthor
* Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into youltlee1
+* Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’tkitaro
|+- Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that inltlee1
|`- Re: Wake up, America: The worldByker
+- Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that inRusty Wyse
`- Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’tstroinski

1
Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

<ea320442-a176-499a-94d4-cd93a3c9bcc3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3758&group=soc.culture.china#3758

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 13:03:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wake_up,_America:_The_world_just_isn’t_that_into_you
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 20:03 UTC

"NEW YORK – Republicans, including many old friends, are outraged that the Biden administration gave up on sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline that will pump Russian gas to Germany.

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)—on whose foreign policy team I served during the 2016 campaign—declared that he would block Senate confirmation of all of Biden’s ambassadorial appointments until the sanctions are reinstated. Daniel Kochis of the Heritage Foundation titled his piece today, “The US will regret this shameful appeasement of Russia.”

Calm down, everyone. ...

No one in Europe really cares what Washington thinks about Nord Steam 2 (and a lot of other issues). ...

The people with big jobs in Washington came of age in the 1980s and 1990s, when America was the technological marvel of the world, and American inventions created the digital age. We haven’t done a lot lately except code some complicated software.

China has installed about 80% of the world’s 5G mobile broadband capacity, the carrier for the Fourth Industrial Revolution as much as railroads were for the First Industrial Revolution, and is moving much faster towards smart cities, automated ports, autonomous vehicles, self-programming robots and a wealth of other 5G applications.

American supply chains can’t keep up with the $5 trillion in demand that the US Treasury dumped onto consumers, so America is running a $1 trillion a year balance of payments deficit. The pull of demand has spiked the inflation rate above 5%.
The US isn’t investing in energy, or much else. It doesn’t boast a single company to compete with Huawei, Ericsson, or Nokia in 5G broadband. China, with its robust supply chains and abundance and diversity of skilled workers and engineers, is likely to get a jump on the United States in the new technologies that will transform economic life.

That includes hydrogen fuel cells: China’s chemical industry produces 30% of the world’s hydrogen as a by-product.

At the same time, America’s allies don’t have a lot of confidence in Washington’s will to defend them—surely not after the humiliating spectacle of another Vietnam-style run from a country where American forces fought a 20-year war, namely in Afghanistan.
If America wants to get the world’s attention, it should try doing the things that captured the world’s imagination a few decades ago. America needs the moral equivalent of a moonshot, a rededication to manufacturing leadership, a revived meritocracy that produces business and scientific leadership.

Instead of complaining about how the Germans jilted them, American politicians should take a hard look at where America is going, and do something about it."

https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/wake-up-america-the-world-just-isnt-that-into-you/

Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

<sdk2n9$mhc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3782&group=soc.culture.china#3782

From: toi...@tr.com (kitaro)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_Wake_up,_America:_The_world_just_isn’t_
that_into_you
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 00:15:38 +0800
 by: kitaro - Sun, 25 Jul 2021 16:15 UTC

On 25/7/2021 4:03 am, ltlee1 wrote:
> "NEW YORK – Republicans, including many old friends, are outraged that the Biden administration gave up on sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline that will pump Russian gas to Germany.
>
> Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)—on whose foreign policy team I served during the 2016 campaign—declared that he would block Senate confirmation of all of Biden’s ambassadorial appointments until the sanctions are reinstated. Daniel Kochis of the Heritage Foundation titled his piece today, “The US will regret this shameful appeasement of Russia.”
>
> Calm down, everyone. ...
>
> No one in Europe really cares what Washington thinks about Nord Steam 2 (and a lot of other issues). ...
>
> The people with big jobs in Washington came of age in the 1980s and 1990s, when America was the technological marvel of the world, and American inventions created the digital age. We haven’t done a lot lately except code some complicated software.
>
> China has installed about 80% of the world’s 5G mobile broadband capacity, the carrier for the Fourth Industrial Revolution as much as railroads were for the First Industrial Revolution, and is moving much faster towards smart cities, automated ports, autonomous vehicles, self-programming robots and a wealth of other 5G applications.
>
> American supply chains can’t keep up with the $5 trillion in demand that the US Treasury dumped onto consumers, so America is running a $1 trillion a year balance of payments deficit. The pull of demand has spiked the inflation rate above 5%.
> The US isn’t investing in energy, or much else. It doesn’t boast a single company to compete with Huawei, Ericsson, or Nokia in 5G broadband. China, with its robust supply chains and abundance and diversity of skilled workers and engineers, is likely to get a jump on the United States in the new technologies that will transform economic life.
>
> That includes hydrogen fuel cells: China’s chemical industry produces 30% of the world’s hydrogen as a by-product.
>
> At the same time, America’s allies don’t have a lot of confidence in Washington’s will to defend them—surely not after the humiliating spectacle of another Vietnam-style run from a country where American forces fought a 20-year war, namely in Afghanistan.
> If America wants to get the world’s attention, it should try doing the things that captured the world’s imagination a few decades ago. America needs the moral equivalent of a moonshot, a rededication to manufacturing leadership, a revived meritocracy that produces business and scientific leadership.
>
> Instead of complaining about how the Germans jilted them, American politicians should take a hard look at where America is going, and do something about it."
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/wake-up-america-the-world-just-isnt-that-into-you/

America's relationship with EU is over.

Germany does not trust America. If Germany being the leader of EU does
not trust US, the entire EU nations will not trust the US too.

Germany is the biggest economy in Europe, and if their EU members do not
trust Germany, the EU will collapse.

All EU countries are poor countries and hence depend on handouts from EU.

If EU feels they do not trust US, US will become cold storage by them
They do no think US would ever come to fight heart and soul for them.
They do not think US would ever defend them under NATO.

American troops in Europe are enjoying life and are not keen to die for
them or lose their shirt to them.

Also, EU needs cheap gas and supply from Russia is convenient and
comparable and cheaper too.

In time of war, they do not expect US to deliver gas to them.As UK had
exited EU, one should not expect UK to come to help them, ever.

EU relationship with US was damaged by Trump and the f aa

Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

<8c7406fb-8e5c-4e8d-8690-d73e2b73c85fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3784&group=soc.culture.china#3784

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 09:31:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Wake_up,_America:_The_world_just_isn’t_that_in
to_you
From: yale....@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 25 Jul 2021 16:31 UTC

On Saturday, July 24, 2021 at 1:03:48 PM UTC-7, ltlee1 wrote:
> "NEW YORK – Republicans, including many old friends, are outraged that the Biden administration gave up on sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline that will pump Russian gas to Germany.
>
> Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)—on whose foreign policy team I served during the 2016 campaign—declared that he would block Senate confirmation of all of Biden’s ambassadorial appointments until the sanctions are reinstated. Daniel Kochis of the Heritage Foundation titled his piece today, “The US will regret this shameful appeasement of Russia.”
>
> Calm down, everyone. ...
>
> No one in Europe really cares what Washington thinks about Nord Steam 2 (and a lot of other issues). ...
>
> The people with big jobs in Washington came of age in the 1980s and 1990s, when America was the technological marvel of the world, and American inventions created the digital age. We haven’t done a lot lately except code some complicated software.
>
> China has installed about 80% of the world’s 5G mobile broadband capacity, the carrier for the Fourth Industrial Revolution as much as railroads were for the First Industrial Revolution, and is moving much faster towards smart cities, automated ports, autonomous vehicles, self-programming robots and a wealth of other 5G applications.
>
> American supply chains can’t keep up with the $5 trillion in demand that the US Treasury dumped onto consumers, so America is running a $1 trillion a year balance of payments deficit. The pull of demand has spiked the inflation rate above 5%.
> The US isn’t investing in energy, or much else. It doesn’t boast a single company to compete with Huawei, Ericsson, or Nokia in 5G broadband. China, with its robust supply chains and abundance and diversity of skilled workers and engineers, is likely to get a jump on the United States in the new technologies that will transform economic life.
>
> That includes hydrogen fuel cells: China’s chemical industry produces 30% of the world’s hydrogen as a by-product.
>
> At the same time, America’s allies don’t have a lot of confidence in Washington’s will to defend them—surely not after the humiliating spectacle of another Vietnam-style run from a country where American forces fought a 20-year war, namely in Afghanistan.
> If America wants to get the world’s attention, it should try doing the things that captured the world’s imagination a few decades ago. America needs the moral equivalent of a moonshot, a rededication to manufacturing leadership, a revived meritocracy that produces business and scientific leadership.
>
> Instead of complaining about how the Germans jilted them, American politicians should take a hard look at where America is going, and do something about it."

Yeah, America is doing something about it. America is sanctioning every nation not listening to them. Very soon, we're going to "sanction" all nations out!!!

> https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/wake-up-america-the-world-just-isnt-that-into-you/

Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

<e6ffe25a-76cf-4425-b6bf-20bc56c48770n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3787&group=soc.culture.china#3787

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:40:44 -0700 (PDT)
to_you
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 25 Jul 2021 18:40 UTC

On Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 12:15:40 PM UTC-4, kitaro wrote:
> [...]
> > If America wants to get the world’s attention, it should try doing the things that captured the world’s imagination a few decades ago. America needs the moral equivalent of a moonshot, a rededication to manufacturing leadership, a revived meritocracy that produces business and scientific leadership.
> >
> > Instead of complaining about how the Germans jilted them, American politicians should take a hard look at where America is going, and do something about it."
> >
> > https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/wake-up-america-the-world-just-isnt-that-into-you/
> >
> America's relationship with EU is over.
>
> Germany does not trust America. If Germany being the leader of EU does
> not trust US, the entire EU nations will not trust the US too.

Well, EU countries have opposition parties.
More likely than not, the governing party would follow not US lead for pragmatic reasons.
Their oppositions, being not in power, could only appeal to their supporters emotionally.
And, more likely than not, would support US policy for sentimental or sanctimonious reason.

But realistically speaking, you are right. The condition for the EU nations to blindly follow the
US has long passed.

> Germany is the biggest economy in Europe, and if their EU members do not
> trust Germany, the EU will collapse.

German is the economy heart of EU and France the political heart of EU.

> All EU countries are poor countries and hence depend on handouts from EU.
Poor countries can still make noise.
The poor the nation, the more likely the opposition party would make noise against China as a way
to discredit the government party.

Anyone, the top two powers not agreeing with each other is better for other nations. The opposite
could be nightmarish for small countries.

> If EU feels they do not trust US, US will become cold storage by them
> They do no think US would ever come to fight heart and soul for them.
> They do not think US would ever defend them under NATO.
>
> American troops in Europe are enjoying life and are not keen to die for
> them or lose their shirt to them.
>
> Also, EU needs cheap gas and supply from Russia is convenient and
> comparable and cheaper too.
>
> In time of war, they do not expect US to deliver gas to them.As UK had
> exited EU, one should not expect UK to come to help them, ever.
>
> EU relationship with US was damaged by Trump and the f aa

Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

<iLqdnUunPI5spmL9nZ2dnUU7-dvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3823&group=soc.culture.china#3823

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,uk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,can.politics,talk.politics.misc
Subject: Re:_Wake_up,_America:_The_world_
just_isn’t_that_into_you
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 17:49:21 -0500
 by: Byker - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 22:49 UTC

"kitaro" the nym-shifter wrote in message news:sdk2n9$mhc$1@dont-email.me...

> America's relationship with EU is over.

The US is not the EU, get it?

> Germany does not trust America. If Germany being the leader of EU does not
> trust US, the entire EU nations will not trust the US too.
>
> Germany is the biggest economy in Europe, and if their EU members do not
> trust Germany, the EU will collapse.

It's on the brink of that anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq7mmyKWXUs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcCu3Yia6WU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5HTIgddH68

> All EU countries are poor countries and hence depend on handouts from EU.

Examples, please...

Re: Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you

<sf6vsp$6ev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4333&group=soc.culture.china#4333

From: toi...@tr.com (stroinski)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
that_into_you
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 07:40:09 +0800
 by: stroinski - Fri, 13 Aug 2021 23:40 UTC

On 25/7/2021 4:03 am, ltlee1 wrote:
> "NEW YORK – Republicans, including many old friends, are outraged that the Biden administration gave up on sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline that will pump Russian gas to Germany.
>
> Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)—on whose foreign policy team I served during the 2016 campaign—declared that he would block Senate confirmation of all of Biden’s ambassadorial appointments until the sanctions are reinstated. Daniel Kochis of the Heritage Foundation titled his piece today, “The US will regret this shameful appeasement of Russia.”
>
> Calm down, everyone. ...
>
> No one in Europe really cares what Washington thinks about Nord Steam 2 (and a lot of other issues). ...
>
> The people with big jobs in Washington came of age in the 1980s and 1990s, when America was the technological marvel of the world, and American inventions created the digital age. We haven’t done a lot lately except code some complicated software.
>
> China has installed about 80% of the world’s 5G mobile broadband capacity, the carrier for the Fourth Industrial Revolution as much as railroads were for the First Industrial Revolution, and is moving much faster towards smart cities, automated ports, autonomous vehicles, self-programming robots and a wealth of other 5G applications.
>
> American supply chains can’t keep up with the $5 trillion in demand that the US Treasury dumped onto consumers, so America is running a $1 trillion a year balance of payments deficit. The pull of demand has spiked the inflation rate above 5%.
> The US isn’t investing in energy, or much else. It doesn’t boast a single company to compete with Huawei, Ericsson, or Nokia in 5G broadband. China, with its robust supply chains and abundance and diversity of skilled workers and engineers, is likely to get a jump on the United States in the new technologies that will transform economic life.
>
> That includes hydrogen fuel cells: China’s chemical industry produces 30% of the world’s hydrogen as a by-product.
>
> At the same time, America’s allies don’t have a lot of confidence in Washington’s will to defend them—surely not after the humiliating spectacle of another Vietnam-style run from a country where American forces fought a 20-year war, namely in Afghanistan.
> If America wants to get the world’s attention, it should try doing the things that captured the world’s imagination a few decades ago. America needs the moral equivalent of a moonshot, a rededication to manufacturing leadership, a revived meritocracy that produces business and scientific leadership.
>
> Instead of complaining about how the Germans jilted them, American politicians should take a hard look at where America is going, and do something about it."
>
> https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/wake-up-america-the-world-just-isnt-that-into-you/

The Nord Stream 2 is ready for usage in a few months, and any stoppage
from proceeding further is useless.

It shows Germany is not supportive of US influencing power in EU.

If Germany is supportive of US interference in EU, they would have had
stopped the gas pipeline from proceeding further and not signed it.

interests / soc.culture.china / Wake up, America: The world just isn’t that into you