Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Fauci roasted as ‘fraud’ and ‘liar
’_after_being_confronted_with_damning_study_on_masks
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 15:49:31 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 22:49 UTC

from
https://nypost.com/2023/09/03/dr-fauci-gets-roasted-after-being-confronted-with-damning-study-on-masks/

Fauci roasted as ‘fraud’ and ‘liar’ after being confronted with damning
study on masks
By Ryan King

September 3, 2023 3:41pm Updated
MORE ON:
ANTHONY FAUCI
Fauci admits to lack of COVID mask evidence — but wants us to wear them
anyway
Amazon’s CEO is right: Get back to work
Djokovic can compete in the US Open again — after Biden finally ended
his unscientific travel ban
The left just can’t get over its love of (harmful) lockdowns
Social media erupted after Dr. Anthony Fauci was confronted by a CNN
host with a study showing face masks made little to no difference in the
course of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Conservative critics pounced on the former White House chief medical
adviser after he acknowledged the masking study during the Saturday
segment — while continuing to insist that, at an individual level, other
research shows face coverings are effective at curtailing the spread of
the virus.

“When you’re talking about the effect on the epidemic or the pandemic as
a whole, the data are less strong,” Fauci admitted to CNN’s Michael
Smerconish.

“But there are other studies, Michael, that show at an individual level,
for individuals,” they might be protective, he said.

Fauci also stressed during the interview that at the moment “we’re not
talking about forcing anybody to do anything.”

“Fauci admits that masks don’t work for the public at large but still
absurdly claims masks work on an individual basis. More subterfuge,”
Sen. Ran Paul (R-Ky.), a political nemesis of Fauci, wrote on X,
formerly Twitter.

“This is amazing. According to Fauci, masks work at the individual level
but not on the pandemic level. Makes sense,” TRIGGERnometry podcast
co-host Konstantin Kisin

Dr. Anthony Fauci
Dr. Anthony Fauci previously emphasized that he did not impose any mask
mandates, but merely made recommendations to the public based on the
science.
CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images

Face masks
Masking quickly became a political flashpoint of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jeffrey Greenberg/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
“Holy s***t @cnn just directly confronted Dr. Fauci on air with bullet
proof scientific evidence that masks don’t work at all. It only took
three years, but finally!” Outkick host Clay Travis wrote.

“Fauci confronted with most definitive data analysis possible that masks
make ZERO difference against Covid. Not a little, not slight- Zero. And
he just mutters some numerical illiteracy bulls–t about ‘individual
protection.’ He’s a fraud and a liar,” conservative commentator Buck
Sexton said.

“It’s really hard to assume Fauci’s disastrous ‘mistakes’ were in good
faith when he refuses to acknowledge obvious facts that don’t require a
PhD to decipher. It looks a lot more like ‘TRUST THE SCIENCE!’ only
applies when it suits Fauci’s personal or political narrative,” former
senior White House and US Intelligence Community official Cliff Sims said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci
Fauci has long stood by his handling of the pandemic.
CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images
“Wow Fauci is SMOKED on masks and he has zero comeback,” conservative
host Liz Wheeler wrote.

Fauci, 82, stepped down from his post as chief medical adviser to the
president and director of the National Institute of Allergy and
Infectious Diseases, last year.

During the initial onset of the pandemic, he suggested that masks were
not providing the type of protection “people think it is” and
underscored the severe shortage of masks afflicting health care providers.

Face masks
There has been a recent uptick in COVID-19 cases across the US.
Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
As mask production ramp up and supply snarls abated, Fauci reversed
course and endorsed masking to tamp down the spread.

This stoked uproar, particularly from conservatives who were angered by
the mask mandates that followed.

What do you think? Post a comment.
“I don’t regret anything I said then because in the context of the time
in which I said it, it was correct. We were told in our task force
meetings that we have a serious problem with the lack of PPEs and masks
for the health providers who are putting themselves in harm’s way every
day to take care of sick people,” Fauci told CBS News about his reversal
on masking at the time.

There has been a sharp uptick in COVID-19 cases nationally over recent
weeks, elevating concerns about stringent pandemic suppression measures
returning.

FILED UNDER ANTHONY FAUCI CORONAVIRUS MASK MANDATES PANDEMICS
SCIENCE 9/3/23
READ NEXT
Russian drones strike Ukrainian port day before Putin to a...

Conversation1.9K Comments
462 Viewing
Share your stance. Please adhere to our guidelines.
Sort by

Best
Darrel D
1 day ago
At the outset of the pandemic the medical community and government
officials were trying to sift through data to understand what they were
dealing with. A rationale for masks was that if an infected
individual’s sputum was suppressed by the mask there would be a
decreased dispersion radius result...See more

26 replies

Mike Davis
1 day ago

I think if people want to wear masks, let them. They have access to the
same studies as everyone else does. It seems that the continued
boosters are not going through rigorous human trials as does every other
drug. I took the initial two jabs. Will I take a booster? No, unless
it can be proven...See more

5 replies

Jussie Smollett's MAGA Hat
1 day ago
Public masking isn't about health but is rather about sending a subtle
signal to each other that we're still in the midst of a scamdemic -- I
mean "pandemic" -- and that we must follow our authoritarian
government's orders without question no matter the cost to our
liberties, our body autonomy, our...

26 replies