Newsgroups: seattle.politics,ca.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Rantz:_After_Trump,_Seattle’s_Pramila_Jayapal
_could_soon_be_indicted
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 09:44:02 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 16:44 UTC

from
https://mynorthwest.com/3916027/rantz-after-trump-seattles-pramila-jayapal-could-soon-be-indicted/

Rantz: After Trump, Seattle’s Pramila Jayapal could soon be indicted
Aug 2, 2023, 5:55 PM

Trump indictment...
Former President Donald Trump (Left) was indicted by a grand jury this
week. Could Rep. Pramila Jayapal (Right) be next? (Getty Images)

Share
BY JASON RANTZ
The Jason Rantz Show, 3pm-7pm on KTTH
Special counsel Jack Smith indicted former president Donald Trump for
his attempts to stop the certification of what he thought was a
fraudulent election. It was a coordinated campaign, we’re told, based on
lies.

Based on the new standard for stretching criminal law beyond
recognition, Seattle congresswoman and election denier Pramila Jayapal
could be indicted next. She’s acted eerily similar to Trump.

A Jayapal indictment would be rather outrageous, but given the
similarities with her conduct and the allegations against Trump, it may
be an inevitability.

More from Jason Rantz: Mayor’s office demanded fewer white men, military
in Seattle police recruitment

Jayapal’s election interference similar to Trump indictment allegations
Jayapal, best known as the grandmother to the Squad and a progressive
who traffics in anti-Semitism, made waves in 2017 when she cast doubts
on Trump’s election.

Though there was no evidence, just a campaign opposition research smear
by Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign, Jayapal lied and alleged
Russian collusion.

Whereas Smith indicted Trump for attempting to illegally reject
legitimate votes, depriving Americans of their voting rights, Jayapal
was part of coordinated Democrat efforts with 10 other co-conspirators
to do the same thing. She and 10 colleagues tried to stop the Electoral
College certification for Trump.

The former president was indicted on obstruction of and attempt to
obstruct an official proceeding. Jayapal’s political career is on
borrowed time every day that goes by without an indictment for the same
thing.

Jayapal’s misconduct doesn’t even stop with election interference,
either. She helped inspire an insurrection.

Jayapal’s lies inspired an insurrection
After the death of George Floyd, Jayapal used inflammatory rhetoric,
based on lies, to incite a mob.

Jayapal has charged that the criminal justice system is racist. She
argued the system is “designed” to work against blacks, Latinos and
Native Americans (though not Asians), to benefit whites. When her
constituents armed themselves and took over six city blocks known as the
Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), Jayapal refused to condemn the
violence and instead cheered them on for “standing up and speaking out
against police brutality, racism, and anti-Blackness are planting the
seeds of justice.”

Even the year after helping inspire violence with her rhetoric, she
continued, arguing the criminal justice system “denies the value of
black lives.”

Smith argued that Trump knowingly spewed lies about the election
(something he thinks he can prove beyond reasonable doubt while
maintaining it’s illegal to lie for political gain, which should terrify
all politicians unless you know this position won’t ever be equally
applied), making Jayapal’s commentary open to an indictment.

Assassination plot after Jayapal’s rhetoric
The Seattle congresswoman also helped create a dangerous environment for
conservative Supreme Court justices after they overturned Roe v. Wade.

She sought to delegitimize the Supreme Court as an institution, thereby
denying Americans their right to seek justice from constitutional
overreach. She called the “extremist” justices a “direct threat to our
rights and our democracy” for “upholding white supremacy.” Then she
demanded the radicals in her base, which she knows can be violent, to
“take to the streets” to “fight tooth and nail.” While it’s no demand to
peacefully protest, which Trump said on January 6 before the riot we
were told he conspired to create, Jayapal’s language might be tied to
the threats against justices, including a thwarted assassination plot.

Smith thinks it’s illegal for Trump to express his opinions about
elections, however unfounded. We have to imagine that the same standard
will be held against Jayapal.

More from Jason Rantz: Democrats shocked to learn their drug
legalization plan is deadly

‘Whataboutism’
Whenever conservatives point to the clear hypocrisy inherent in Radical
Left arguments, we’re derisively dismissed as engaging in “whataboutism.”

It’s a transparent attempt to dismiss and highlight Democrat’s rank
double standards. When their positions are wholly inconsistent with how
they’ve acted in the past, we’re supposed to ignore it and pretend their
attempt to use Joe Biden’s Department of Justice to jail his main
political rival is done in good faith.

When we point out that Democrats did not screech “Law and order!” and
“No one is above the law!” as cities burned, people were murdered, cops
were savagely beaten, stores looted, and property destroyed by their
radical base, we’re met with a lazy argument that “January 6th is not
comparable!” I actually agree with that statement: a shameful and
violent riot for a couple of hours pales in comparison to a year-long,
sustained effort to sow chaos and abolish police that led to significant
loss of life and billions in property damage is different.

Trump broke Democrats
Trump broke Democrats and their allies in the media. They imparted their
unhinged hatred of Trump to low-information voters who became convinced
that the former president is a fascist (of which none of those making
this claim can even define). Now, what these people are doing to our
institutions and this country is both irredeemable and likely irreversible.

You can condemn the riot on January 6 and Trump’s embarrassing, selfish,
and incompetent reaction to it, while also noting the Jack Smith legal
case is a politically-driven sham. You don’t get to weaponize the DOJ
against your political opponent because you don’t like him without
severe and long-lasting consequences, which will include ensuring it
happens again or having even more Americans lose faith in the
institution. Sadly, the Radical Left enjoy the loss of faith because it
allows them to rebuild it through their far-left political lens. This is
how they dismantle systems they pretend are oppressive and steeped in
white supremacy. We can’t and shouldn’t let that happen.

Is one’s hatred for Trump truly worth all this damage? If you
legitimately think democracy hangs in the balance because of one man,
you desperately need to brush up on your history. Authoritarians usually
don’t willfully give up power and then allow themselves to be indicted
three times.

Imagine, for a moment, if we applied the exact same standard and logic
to going after Pramila Jayapal as what’s used to go after Donald Trump.
You should be upset. Speech, even when abhorrent, is protected. Holding
views, even when unsubstantiated or fringe, is protected. Trying to
convince others that your views are true, even when they’re not, is
protected. And, to be clear, lying for political gain, while immoral and
deeply unethical, is also protected — which is why all of Congress isn’t
behind bars. If you don’t want it happening to Jayapal because you have
to support her views, you shouldn’t want it to happen to Trump because
you don’t support his.

Listen to The Jason Rantz Show on weekday afternoons from 3:00 p.m. –
7:00 p.m. on KTTH 770 AM (HD Radio 97.3 FM HD-Channel 3). He is the
author of the book What’s Killing America: Inside the Radical Left’s
Tragic Destruction of Our Cities. Subscribe to the podcast. Follow
@JasonRantz on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Check back frequently
for more news and analysis.