"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best." -- Aeschylus

interests / alt.law-enforcement / Re: Another Biden lie, Hater of Lying Politicians, Looking Away Again

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Another Biden lie, Hater of Lying Politicians, Looking Away Againa425couple

1
Re: Another Biden lie, Hater of Lying Politicians, Looking Away Again

<LBxyM.411835$TPw2.305741@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3548&group=alt.law-enforcement#3548

Subject: Re: Another Biden lie, Hater of Lying Politicians, Looking Away Again
Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 11:52:27 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 18:52 UTC

On 8/1/23 21:46, BT wrote:
> Here ya go, Leroy - even the Washington Post just
> had an objective journalism moment:
>

> Fact-Checker gives Joe Biden four Pinocchios over claim Hunter never made any money from China
>
> Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler has a new story up pointing out that Hunter Biden has directly contradicted a claim made by Joe Biden. Specifically, Joe claimed during the first presidential debate back in Sep. 2020 “My son has not made money in terms of this thing about, what are you talking about, China.
>
> We now know that wasn’t true:
>
> [Washington Post]
> But now, nearly three years later, Biden’s assertions have been directly rebutted by Hunter himself. In court testimony last week, the younger Biden acknowledged that he in fact had been paid substantial sums in China — the first official confirmation that this was the case…
>
> Last week, Hunter Biden appeared in court concerning a tentative plea agreement he had reached with the Justice Department regarding a failure to pay more than $100,000 in taxes in 2017 and 2018 and a gun charge. The agreement is now under renegotiation because of concerns raised by U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika.
>
> Under questioning from Noreika, according to a transcript of the proceeding, Hunter Biden acknowledged sums of money he had earned in 2017 and 2018 that were listed in the proposed plea agreement (a copy of which was obtained by Politico). After accounting for expenses, Hunter Biden reported nearly $2.4 million in income in 2017 and $2.2 million in income in 2018 — most of which came from Chinese or Ukrainian interests, according to court testimony…
>
> “I started a company called Hudson West, your honor, and my partner was associated with a Chinese energy company called CEFC.” He provided the name of Yi Jianming as chairman of CEFC. He confirmed that CEFC also paid him an additional $644,000 during that year.

Amazing what this country's standards have become.