Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,ca.politics,alt.economics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Supreme Court Justice Jackson's second error reveals another industry
gone woke
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:59:03 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 16:59 UTC

She wrote a flat out falsehood!

from
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/supreme-court-justice-jacksons-second-error-reveals-another-industry-gone-woke

Supreme Court Justice Jackson's second error reveals another industry
gone woke
Jackson's error exposes left's woke corruption of the field of medicine
By Jay P. Greene | Fox News

You can now listen to Fox News articles!
Listen to this article
0:00 / 3:58
1X
BeyondWords

Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson's defense of racial
discrimination is falling apart.

It’s now well known that Jackson repeated an embarrassing falsehood
while defending affirmative action in college admissions. In her
Students for Fair Admissions dissent, she asserted that matching Black
physicians with Black patients doubles survival rates for newborns, a
claim that’s equally unbelievable and factually unsupported.

But this is not the only mistake Jackson made. Her second error shows
the diversity-industrial complex’s deep corruption of medicine – and its
threat to Americans’ health.

RESEARCHERS HORRIFIED, DECRY RISE OF 'FASCISM' AS STUDENTS SEND MOCKING

Jackson wrote, "research shows that Black physicians are more likely to
accurately assess Black patients’ pain tolerance and treat them
accordingly," for instance, "prescribing them appropriate amounts of
pain medication." A footnote refers to an amicus brief from the
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), the same source that
led to Jackson’s first mistake.

Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson
Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson, who was unable to define
the word "woman" when asked at her confirmation hearing last year, made
a telling error during her affirmation action decision. (Tom
Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)

The AAMC brief refers to four studies in support of this claim.

Yet none of them examine whether Black doctors are better at treating
the pain of Black patients. All four document Black patients’ problems
with pain management, but crucially, not one examines the efficacy of
doctors of different races. The AAMC either failed to read the research
or deliberately created this claim out of whole cloth.

It's unfortunate that Jackson and her elite-trained clerks were led
astray by yet another falsehood. But it’s unconscionable that the
Association of American Medical Colleges got the facts so wrong in such
a high-stakes case. Most concerning of all, it’s unsurprising for this
once prestigious yet still powerful organization.

The AAMC, which represents every accredited medical school in the U.S.
and Canada, has elevated diversity to an absurd level. It holds, as an
article of faith, that medical schools must recruit more Black students,
even if that means discriminating against students of other races and
lowering standards for admission.

‘Medicine is getting a push from politics’ in gender-affirming care: Dr.
MarchandVideo

Not only does the AAMC brook no arguments to the contrary, but it also
misreads research and perhaps manufactures evidence to support its
position.

These are the actions of a radicalized organization – one that puts
political demands above its stated goal of improving medical education.
The AAMC’s faulty justification of race-based admissions, seen in its
amicus brief, is bad enough. Yet the association’s extremist turn
doesn’t end there.

The AAMC has quietly graded its member schools’ commitment to diversity,
equity and inclusion. Through freedom of information reports, we have
found reports from 34 medical schools, detailing their implementation of
89 AAMC-approved DEI initiatives.

The list includes hiring and promoting professors based on DEI metrics,
creating a permanent DEI bureaucracy, lobbying for DEI policies at every
level of government and making DEI a "key learning outcome." The average
medical school has complied with 85% of the AAMC’s wishes.

It's unfortunate that Jackson and her elite-trained clerks were led
astray by yet another falsehood. But it’s unconscionable that the
Association of American Medical Colleges got the facts so wrong in such
a high-stakes case. Most concerning of all, it’s unsurprising for this
once prestigious yet still powerful organization.

The corruption of curriculum is especially concerning. Last summer, the
AAMC released new "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Competencies," which
effectively dictate what medical schools teach. Future physicians must
now master "intersectionality," describing "how each identity may result
in varied and multiple forms of oppression or privilege related to
clinical decisions and practice."

Other mandatory topics include "colonization, white supremacy,
acculturation, [and] assimilation." The AAMC sponsors medical schools’
accrediting body, so institutions that don’t teach these medical
divisive concepts risk losing their ability to issue degrees.

The AAMC’s actions are lowering, not raising, the quality of medical
education, which in turn lowers the quality of future medical care. By
repeating the organization’s false claims about racial preferences in
college admissions, Justice Jackson has shined a light on the deeper
danger that DEI poses to Americans’ health and well-being.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM JAY P. GREENE
Jay P. Greene is a Senior Fellow at Do No Harm.

Conversation8K Comments
17.7K Viewing
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.

33 People typing
View 59 new comments
Sort by

Best
33 People typing

anex
6 hours ago
I think that when any organization or individual files an amicus brief,
it should be held to the standard of sworn testimony. If the statements
are demonstrably false, not just a matter of opinion, then there should
be some sort of penalty similar to the penalties for perjury.

Manof4
17 minutes ago
Great idea!

anniegitchurgun
28 minutes ago

amen amen amen

kenfreedom
3 minutes ago
She should jettison her position and go live in China!!

justiceneedsserved
8 hours ago
One would think that we would have the best people for the job working
in our government. Sadly, we don't. We have people that work for
themselves or for a well funded group. Our elected officials and the
people appointed to various positions within the bureaucracy are out of
touch with the peop...

See more

OnceADem392
4 minutes ago
Yes, putting a unqualified person in a job just becuse they are the
correct color or gender just does not work.

trisha1959
20 minutes ago
Incompetence gets promoted, is the new mantra of our government. In
fact, the more incompetent you are, the higher you’ll go, that’s how we
ended up with Brandon. SMH

criticalcaredoc
7 hours ago
The AAMC used to publish tables showing GPA and MCAT test scores of
matriculants to US medical schools, separated by race. It was pretty
telling. I still can’t believe certain folks with GPA less than 2.5
could gain entry to medical school.

Jetliner632
9 minutes ago
…or even elected to President (in ref to Biden’s 1.9 GPA)

OneVoiceofReason130
34 minutes ago
Yeah , how would you like to put your life in the hands of one of these
doctors with less than 2.5 GPA?

godblessamerica93
6 hours ago

We are a nation of civil rights, and we've passed a great deal of
legislation to protect them. Yet many of our leaders at the highest
levels continue to violate those rights by advocating for
discrimination. To them civil rights only apply to certain groups, not
to others.

owntheright
18 minutes ago
Once the boomers die off, we will not need any or this anymore. You all
did this to yourselves with the hate of non whites.

HonestPincher
1 hour ago
Very well said

moderateconservative482
4 hours ago

My daughter recently applied to over 30 medical schools. Nearly every
application included a required essay on how the student would improve
diversity. She has a 4.0 in biomed at the best university for that in
the country. She scored top 10% on the MCAT. But she’s Caucasian. If she
doesn’t get mul...

See more

TheProfit067
19 minutes ago

These med schools could use some help on the subject, good of them to
ask. Now as far as responses to improve, one might suggest focus on
those that are extremely qualified but can't afford the school. Its
still discrimination if you have to make room for someone for the sake
of diversity, but they...

Smoot711
25 minutes ago

I would just write that I would bang as many "diverse" girls as possible.

orangele
7 hours ago

I retired from medicine this year after a decades long career. I never
once witnessed any discrimination against minorities, undocumented
immigrants, women, or against those who could not pay. P.s. I am an
ethnic minority myself. I am glad to be retiring from medicine as I
would not practice ...

See more

Smoot711
18 minutes ago

Oh I see; you're normal. Thank you for serving your patients so
diligently and honorably. We need so many more like you. I bet
standards were not required to be lowered for you either. Great job!

Click here to read the complete article