Science and religion are in full accord but science and faith are in complete discord.

interests / alt.life.sucks / TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

SubjectAuthor
* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Thomas Joseph
`* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Judith Latham
 +* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Thomas Joseph
 |`* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)OllieNorthie@aol.com
 | +* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Judith Latham
 | |`* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Thomas Joseph
 | | `* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Judith Latham
 | |  `* TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Thomas Joseph
 | |   `- TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)bosodeniro@gmail.com
 | `- TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)Thomas Joseph
 `- TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)bosodeniro@gmail.com

1
TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<00827e61-1bd0-40c5-956a-85b463a56ff3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=353&group=alt.life.sucks#353

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 12:33:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 21 May 2021 19:33 UTC

I find some commercials interesting, mostly the medial and life insurance kind.  Those type commercials are designed to get one response: "Oh crap I could be next."

One that grabs me every time is the Progressive Life Insurance ad with a really Jewish looking woman telling her husband about a jogger/health fanatic neighbor who just dropped dead from a heart attack. They are in the kitchen with the husband's hand dipping into a box of cookies before they show him nibbling on one as his wife delivers the death report. Did they put that in knowing viewers tend to munch food while watching TV?

The woman says that's it, no more games - "We're getting that $9.99 plan - now" - as they show her piggy hand reaching down for the phone to call Colonial Penn.  Then the announcer comes on repeating the phone number they want you to call. At the very end of the commercial they show the woman on the phone with a big smile on her face which suddenly looks 20 years younger and 6 million years less Jewish.  They made her look better all the way around - younger, happier - just from calling the number.  It grabs me every time.

I also think some commercials are annoying on purpose. Getting viewer’s attention is all that matters. T his commercial got mine. I won't buy their life insurance - but here I am talking about their commercial. Basically they've got me doing a commercial for their commercial.  I think they know what they are doing. There are other TV commercials I find interesting but I am done talking about commercials for now, thank you.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<sgp34g$d81$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3269&group=alt.life.sucks#3269

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Subject: Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 19:42:05 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:42 UTC

On 5/21/2021 3:33 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

> I find some commercials interesting, mostly the medial and life insurance kind.  Those type commercials are designed to get one response: "Oh crap I could be next."
>
> One that grabs me every time is the Progressive Life Insurance ad with a really Jewish looking woman telling her husband about a jogger/health fanatic neighbor who just dropped dead from a heart attack. They are in the kitchen with the husband's hand dipping into a box of cookies before they show him nibbling on one as his wife delivers the death report. Did they put that in knowing viewers tend to munch food while watching TV?
>
> The woman says that's it, no more games - "We're getting that $9.99 plan - now" - as they show her piggy hand reaching down for the phone to call Colonial Penn.  Then the announcer comes on repeating the phone number they want you to call. At the very end of the commercial they show the woman on the phone with a big smile on her face which suddenly looks 20 years younger and 6 million years less Jewish.  They made her look better all the way around - younger, happier - just from calling the number.  It grabs me every time.
>
> I also think some commercials are annoying on purpose. Getting viewer’s attention is all that matters. T his commercial got mine. I won't buy their life insurance - but here I am talking about their commercial. Basically they've got me doing a commercial for their commercial.  I think they know what they are doing. There are other TV commercials I find interesting but I am done talking about commercials for now, thank you.

I prefer the Geico commercial. The one with the negroes dancing and
whooping while they make an ice cream sundae is very uplifting. After
viewing, I picked-up my phone and called Geico wanting to buy their
insurance. Only when they asked what type of vehicle did I want to
insure did I realize that I don't own one. That's how good their
commercial is.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<19d7e4ca-9e73-441b-975a-cf59b76561f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3275&group=alt.life.sucks#3275

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 19:59:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 02:59 UTC

> I prefer the Geico commercial. The one with the negroes dancing and
> whooping while they make an ice cream sundae is very uplifting. After
> viewing, I picked-up my phone and called Geico wanting to buy their
> insurance. Only when they asked what type of vehicle did I want to
> insure did I realize that I don't own one. That's how good their
> commercial is.

I'm on the TV a lot. But it's cable TV, I'm not into the streaming shit. So maybe I don't watch a huge variety of channels. Maybe commercials are different on different channels or in different regions. I don't remember seeing the ad with Negroes dancing and building an ice cream sundae. I enjoy some commercials. I know most people are annoyed by them and I am no different. They bug me too. But mostly I let them pass. What people think is free often costs big later. Like with Youtube, I've got it on right now - music from the 30s, my favorite. I get some commercial interruptions, but it's nothing. To me it's free. Every so often I'll see an ad to subscribe to youtube, to pay so you don't have to put up with the commercials. Well, the commercials are my payment. As I say, to me it's free. Anyway, I enjoy some commercials. Whet's funny is sometimes the really good commercials are so good I can't even remember who it's for. I think some commercials are designed to purposely annoy people. Who knows that goes into it. Marketing is interesting. I might even like doing it. But only in an honest and possibly artistic way, if that's possible, which I doubt. I don't care what they do to sell a product. But I do resent it when they remove stuff from the shelves purposely to force people to buy the newer shit. I don't like that kind of marketing. I like my kind of marketing. I like my kind of most things. I'm a my kind of way type dude.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<d40f4295-b162-4463-9a17-2e5ab9649839n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3297&group=alt.life.sucks#3297

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 22:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: OllieNor...@aol.com (OllieNorthie@aol.com)
 by: OllieNorthie@aol.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 05:00 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 10:59:47 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I prefer the Geico commercial. The one with the negroes dancing and
> > whooping while they make an ice cream sundae is very uplifting. After
> > viewing, I picked-up my phone and called Geico wanting to buy their
> > insurance. Only when they asked what type of vehicle did I want to
> > insure did I realize that I don't own one. That's how good their
> > commercial is.
> I'm on the TV a lot. But it's cable TV, I'm not into the streaming shit. So maybe I don't watch a huge variety of channels. Maybe commercials are different on different channels or in different regions. I don't remember seeing the ad with Negroes dancing and building an ice cream sundae. I enjoy some commercials. I know most people are annoyed by them and I am no different. They bug me too. But mostly I let them pass. What people think is free often costs big later. Like with Youtube, I've got it on right now - music from the 30s, my favorite. I get some commercial interruptions, but it's nothing. To me it's free. Every so often I'll see an ad to subscribe to youtube, to pay so you don't have to put up with the commercials. Well, the commercials are my payment. As I say, to me it's free. Anyway, I enjoy some commercials. Whet's funny is sometimes the really good commercials are so good I can't even remember who it's for. I think some commercials are designed to purposely annoy people. Who knows that goes into it. Marketing is interesting. I might even like doing it. But only in an honest and possibly artistic way, if that's possible, which I doubt. I don't care what they do to sell a product. But I do resent it when they remove stuff from the shelves purposely to force people to buy the newer shit. I don't like that kind of marketing. I like my kind of marketing. I like my kind of most things. I'm a my kind of way type dude.

I have commercial insurance. In case I fall for any commercial they will pay for it. Only commercial I ever fell for.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<sgral9$s01$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3300&group=alt.life.sucks#3300

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 16:02:46 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:02 UTC

On 9/2/2021 1:00 AM, OllieNorthie@aol.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 10:59:47 PM UTC-4, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I prefer the Geico commercial. The one with the negroes dancing and
>>> whooping while they make an ice cream sundae is very uplifting. After
>>> viewing, I picked-up my phone and called Geico wanting to buy their
>>> insurance. Only when they asked what type of vehicle did I want to
>>> insure did I realize that I don't own one. That's how good their
>>> commercial is.
>> I'm on the TV a lot. But it's cable TV, I'm not into the streaming shit. So maybe I don't watch a huge variety of channels. Maybe commercials are different on different channels or in different regions. I don't remember seeing the ad with Negroes dancing and building an ice cream sundae. I enjoy some commercials. I know most people are annoyed by them and I am no different. They bug me too. But mostly I let them pass. What people think is free often costs big later. Like with Youtube, I've got it on right now - music from the 30s, my favorite. I get some commercial interruptions, but it's nothing. To me it's free. Every so often I'll see an ad to subscribe to youtube, to pay so you don't have to put up with the commercials. Well, the commercials are my payment. As I say, to me it's free. Anyway, I enjoy some commercials. Whet's funny is sometimes the really good commercials are so good I can't even remember who it's for. I think some commercials are designed to purposely annoy people. Who knows that goes into it. Marketing is interesting. I might even like doing it. But only in an honest and possibly artistic way, if that's possible, which I doubt. I don't care what they do to sell a product. But I do resent it when they remove stuff from the shelves purposely to force people to buy the newer shit. I don't like that kind of marketing. I like my kind of marketing. I like my kind of most things. I'm a my kind of way type dude.
>

> I have commercial insurance. In case I fall for any commercial they will pay for it. Only commercial I ever fell for.

That makes perfect sense. I have a question: When you're on television,
or someone is recording you on some device, and your ass begins to itch,
do you scratch it or try to ignore it? I ran into this problem recently.
I scratched it, but got scolded by my family for doing so.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<5e1593b4-912d-4deb-b28d-c3bfda0c0072n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3303&group=alt.life.sucks#3303

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:29 UTC

> I have commercial insurance. In case I fall for any commercial they will pay for it. Only commercial I ever fell for.

Every so often I'll find myself raving to someone about something, like the cheap dollar store wallet that wasn't really a wallet. I went in looking for a wallet. Not expecting to find one. I mean, come on, a dollar? But they have some decent stuff (or I wouldn't be there).

Anyway, I don't shop in the dollar store, I use a list. I don't randomly roam the aisles, which is what they want you to do. That's why they don't mark their aisles by product. Good, I hope they keep making money, I don't want them to go out of business.

But, oh yeah, the wallet. I have no idea what it was - a small camera or cellphone case, made of nylon. I had a leather coin purse in my front pocket that I used as a wallet. It was really getting old though. So I grabbed that nylon item off the shelf and checked to see if the stuff in my current wallet would fit. It did. Perfectly. I bought 8 of them. Here it is about a decade later and I am on wallet number 2. Who says you get what you pay for?

But again, I lost control - I forgot what we were talking about. I apologize, I really do. Oh yeah, the commercials. Falling for commercials. I sometimes find myself telling somebody about something I like, something I think is a great product - even if it was intended to be used another way - and I'll think to myself, "Man, I sound like I'm doing a commercial for this thing", and I realize I'm doing a pretty good job of it too, because I really mean it. It's a sincere pitch. Anyway, I would love to do a commercial for a few items I have owned or used. But even with my sincere recommendations - the honesty in my voice, the trust the viewers have in me - even then the product would not sell, because in the world of truth there is no place for finance. Do you understand me? We will do commercials only for things we truly value. That is the new law.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<c77e06ca-3043-4af6-ba47-3cfe95cc2dd6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3304&group=alt.life.sucks#3304

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:32:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 20:32 UTC

> That makes perfect sense. I have a question: When you're on television,
> or someone is recording you on some device, and your ass begins to itch,
> do you scratch it or try to ignore it? I ran into this problem recently.
> I scratched it, but got scolded by my family for doing so.

Ollie's ass usually doesn't itch when he is being recorded. He is a pro. He itches his ass later when the producer comes backstage for the big pay off, fucking Ollie up the ass. They do that, you know? When they make a good commercial and everybody knows it they celebrate as a success even if it doesn't make money. They are in it for art's sake.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<sgtarr$t9t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3326&group=alt.life.sucks#3326

From: jud...@sick-of-bullshit.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:18:32 -0400
 by: Judith Latham - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:18 UTC

On 9/2/2021 4:32 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:

>> That makes perfect sense. I have a question: When you're on television,
>> or someone is recording you on some device, and your ass begins to itch,
>> do you scratch it or try to ignore it? I ran into this problem recently.
>> I scratched it, but got scolded by my family for doing so.
>

> Ollie's ass usually doesn't itch when he is being recorded. He is a pro. He itches his ass later when the producer comes backstage for the big pay off, fucking Ollie up the ass. They do that, you know? When they make a good commercial and everybody knows it they celebrate as a success even if it doesn't make money. They are in it for art's sake.

I don't believe for one second that Ollie takes it in the ass. I do
believe he's like any other red-blooded American man and scratches his
ass when it itches. A good scratch is not an invitation to enter. Does
Ollie know that you talk about him like this?

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<1dd5eac8-4c6f-4a12-b1cc-d69807790837n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3343&group=alt.life.sucks#3343

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 16:34:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: jazeev1...@gmail.com (Thomas Joseph)
 by: Thomas Joseph - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 23:34 UTC

> I don't believe for one second that Ollie takes it in the ass. I do
> believe he's like any other red-blooded American man and scratches his
> ass when it itches. A good scratch is not an invitation to enter. Does
> Ollie know that you talk about him like this?

He not only knows what I say about him, he can read my mind. When I first met him I tried to lie my way out of lots of stuff. But he called me out every time. Yes, he knows I talk about him like this. And he is glad because he knows that in this world just being talked about in any way on any level is a gift of love.

Please talk about me. I don't care what you say. Just please - talk about me.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<4a78edd0-e39c-41bc-92a6-1d2a9a7e3786n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3377&group=alt.life.sucks#3377

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 04:52:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 11:52 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 4:42:08 PM UTC-7, Judith Latham wrote:
> On 5/21/2021 3:33 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> >
> > I find some commercials interesting, mostly the medial and life insurance kind. Those type commercials are designed to get one response: "Oh crap I could be next."
> >
> > One that grabs me every time is the Progressive Life Insurance ad with a really Jewish looking woman telling her husband about a jogger/health fanatic neighbor who just dropped dead from a heart attack. They are in the kitchen with the husband's hand dipping into a box of cookies before they show him nibbling on one as his wife delivers the death report. Did they put that in knowing viewers tend to munch food while watching TV?
> >
> > The woman says that's it, no more games - "We're getting that $9.99 plan - now" - as they show her piggy hand reaching down for the phone to call Colonial Penn. Then the announcer comes on repeating the phone number they want you to call. At the very end of the commercial they show the woman on the phone with a big smile on her face which suddenly looks 20 years younger and 6 million years less Jewish. They made her look better all the way around - younger, happier - just from calling the number. It grabs me every time.
> >
> > I also think some commercials are annoying on purpose. Getting viewer’s attention is all that matters. T his commercial got mine. I won't buy their life insurance - but here I am talking about their commercial. Basically they've got me doing a commercial for their commercial. I think they know what they are doing. There are other TV commercials I find interesting but I am done talking about commercials for now, thank you.
> >
> I prefer the Geico commercial. The one with the negroes dancing and
> whooping while they make an ice cream sundae is very uplifting. After
> viewing, I picked-up my phone and called Geico wanting to buy their
> insurance. Only when they asked what type of vehicle did I want to
> insure did I realize that I don't own one. That's how good their
> commercial is.

Pff.

Re: TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)

<3977d52c-ffac-4c90-b8eb-23a3b5b537acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3378&group=alt.life.sucks#3378

Newsgroups: alt.life.sucks
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 04:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: bosoden...@gmail.com (bosodeniro@gmail.com)
 by: bosodeniro@gmail.com - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 11:54 UTC

On Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:34:05 PM UTC-7, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I don't believe for one second that Ollie takes it in the ass. I do
> > believe he's like any other red-blooded American man and scratches his
> > ass when it itches. A good scratch is not an invitation to enter. Does
> > Ollie know that you talk about him like this?
> He not only knows what I say about him, he can read my mind. When I first met him I tried to lie my way out of lots of stuff. But he called me out every time. Yes, he knows I talk about him like this. And he is glad because he knows that in this world just being talked about in any way on any level is a gift of love.
>
> Please talk about me. I don't care what you say. Just please - talk about me.

Pff too.

interests / alt.life.sucks / TV Commercial Addict (like Bozo only better)