Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Detransitioned boy castrated by doctors warns kids about perils of
gender ideology
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 13:43:05 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 20:43 UTC

from
https://www.foxnews.com/media/detransitioned-boy-castrated-by-doctors-warns-kids-about-perils-of-gender-affirming-care

Detransitioned boy castrated by doctors warns kids about perils of
gender ideology: 'Patient for life'
Kobe said, 'I was expecting it to help me help my mental health, and it
didn't do anything. I just wasted so much time, and all I did really was
become a medical patient for life.'
By Hannah Grossman , Ashley Carnahan | Fox News

Detransitioner shares story after castration surgery
Kobe discusses his journey and regrets about 'gender-affirming care' in
the hopes others will not do the procedures.

A young male, who formerly identified as a trans woman, who was
castrated and became a "patient for life" as part of "gender-affirming
care," wants to warn others not to follow in his footsteps. He discussed
his story of resilience and learning to accept himself for who he is,
for the first time, with Fox News Digital.

Kobe, whose name is being withheld for privacy reasons, had "checked
every box for what they call a trans adolescent." He was always
"effeminate" and loved pink and playing with Barbies. If he had never
been exposed to gender ideology, he says he probably "would have just
stayed a feminine boy. And there's nothing wrong with that."

"I felt unlovable as an effeminate man in society and everything. A
feminine boy, actually. I was never a man, I'm trying to reclaim my
manhood now and everything. It's hard. I have breasts, I have the hip
development of a woman, because I started the estrogen young. I have no
gonads. You know, it's hard. My skull never really masculinized."

Kobe, in retrospect, looks back at the medical interventions as a
subconscious use of "self-harm." During his early teenage years, he was
struggling with internalized homophobia. "I mean, I saw it as a way out
of my homosexuality, if that makes any sense."

BIDEN PARTNERED WITH ORGANIZATION WHICH QUESTIONED PARENTS' RIGHTS TO BE
NOTIFIED ABOUT THEIR KIDS' TRANSITION

Kobe detransitioner selfies
Kobe shares his story detransitioning and discovering himself in an
interview with Fox News Digital. (Photos used with permission to Fox
News Digital)

However, he didn't realize these truths until he had his surgery.

"I was like, 'Oh, wow, this is so great. I'm locked in my transition. .
.. . But then everything started to crack, and I couldn't ignore the
complications," Kobe said. "I couldn't ignore that I mutilated myself
pretty much with the permission of a psychiatrist. It's insane now,
looking back. It's just self-harm, you know."

Kobe first encountered the idea of switching genders on YouTube.

"And I said, ‘Oh, you can do this.’ You know, I don't have to be a gay
guy. I don't have to be an embarrassment. And all this horrible stuff
that I thought about my homosexuality, and it was like a light bulb. It
was like, ‘This is a way out,’" he said. "I thought it was."

Kobe told his parents that he was transgender at age 11. At 13, Kobe
said that older trans people online instructed him, as well as other
kids, to "play the suicide card" in order to get chemical interventions.

Split selfies of Kobe during transition
Kobe said his transitioning and detransitioning have led to ongoing
medical issues. (Photos used with permission to Fox News Digital)

"I started using, like, ‘the suicide tactics,’ because that's what they
are. That's what they tell us all to do. . . . I don't want to use the
word ‘groom,’ but we are like taught. I guess the older trans people
teach us to say that stuff to get the health care and everything. And I
mean, there were times when I thought I was genuinely suicidal over
gender dysphoria, but it was I think it was all just stuff that was in
my head. I don't think I would have ever been suicidal about being
biologically male if I had never been exposed to that stuff."

Kobe was started on puberty blockers around 13, and estrogen at 16, and
later had castration surgery at 19.

"I was expecting it to help me help my mental health, and it didn't do
anything. I just wasted so much time, and all I did really was become a
medical patient for life," he said.

Kobe said his growth is "permanently stunted" because of puberty
blockers, and has chronic pain in his spine as well.

"I need to get checked for osteoporosis, because I do have a pretty
severe back pain just going up the spinal cord," he shared.

Puberty blockers have been linked to issues with bone mineral density.

The blockers not only suppressed Kobe's development but according to him
"suppresses your life," "your drive to do anything" and "your happiness."

"I lost a lot of sexual function. I lost a lot of sensation down there,"
Kobe added about the hormone treatments. "The mental stuff was really
bad, but also like joint pain. It was just something near all the time.
I was, like, aching and hurting."

Regarding cross-sex hormones – estrogen – Kobe said it impacted his
cognition. He becomes foggy in the middle of conversations. Even now
that he has been off of it for a few months, he still feels those
effects. During the interview, he apologized for losing his train of
thought numerous times – attributing it to the estrogen he used to take.

Detransition gender affirming care
Kobe before transitioning. (Used with permission) (Fox News Digital )

"It was constant brain fog. I was psychotic at some point. A lot of men
that I know who went through this hormone replacement therapy, it's the
exact same thing for them. Estrogen just makes them snap."

Kobe also developed an eating disorder after taking the hormonal drugs
because of the issues it caused on his metabolism.

"The way that your metabolism sinks when you go on drugs, it's insane. I
had such a hard time maintaining the weight and everything. It led me
toward some really dangerous eating disorder behaviors and everything,
which I also don't think I would have ever gotten into if it wasn't for
the trans stuff. And not being able to keep the weight off with the
blockers and stuff like that."

He describes how his treating practitioners glamorized the idea of
having surgery.

"The plan was always estrogen and then SRS (sex-reassignment surgery),"
he said. SRS inverts male genitalia to create a neo-vagina, which must
be dilated for the rest of a patient's life.

planned parenthood trauma-informed k-12 sex education California
Parents around the country have protested the inclusion of gender
ideology in schools. (iStock)

The letter approving the surgery said hormone replacement therapy was
successful for him, and that Kobe was happier and mentally stable.

"None of it was true. I wasn't mentally stable. I hated myself. I wanted
to die, and I just was constantly trying to become something that
wasn't. And it was awful. It was dissociating, it was terrible. But . .
.. and I'm sorry that – the estrogen – I lost my train of thought . . . ."

The surgery was scheduled but had to be canceled because of an insurance
issue. So, Kobe opted for an orchiectomy procedure – the removal of the
testes – as a "middle ground." At the time, he viewed testosterone as a
"poison" for his body.

"That's how deluded my head was, that testosterone is poison, and it's
damaging and everything," he said.

20 ATTORNEYS GENERAL BRING LEGAL ACTION OVER 'EXPERIMENTAL' SEX CHANGES
ON KIDS: 'DISREGARDING SCIENCE'

Kobe also recounts how he was told by medical professionals that the
orchiectomy surgery would help him in the interim of getting SRS.

"It didn't. Now I'm just sterile, and I don't have an endocrine system,
really. I mean, I do, but it doesn't self-regulate and everything."

Without gonads, Kobe will have to take testosterone artificially for the
rest of his life, which he started doing recently.

Gender affirming care detransition
Kobe said he will have to take testosterone artificially after getting
castration surgery. (Fox News Digital)

"Honestly, I feel alive again," he said about being on testosterone. "I
feel energetic. I feel confident. I just, I feel great. And it just goes
to show that cross-sex hormones are bad. They're just bad."

He said that after getting the surgery, the area is still sore, and he
experiences random sharp pains, especially when he is intimate. Kobe
also described issues with urinating.

"I don't think it'll ever not be an issue," he said. "I made the
decision. I accept that and everything. It's just something that I have
to live with now."

"I know now that so many people end up taking their own lives after the
surgery. And honestly, if they had allowed to invert my genitalia into
what looked like a female genitalia, I don't think I would be here in a
couple of years, honestly, because there's no undoing that."

Click here to read the complete article