Angels we have heard on High Tell us to go out and Buy. -- Tom Lehrer

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

SubjectAuthor
* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeFrank
+* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeDean Hoffman
|`* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeScott Lurndal
| `* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeRalph Mowery
|  +- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeemicky
|  `- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeetrader_4
+* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeEd Pawlowski
|+* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeFrank
||+- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeSlevin
||+* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeEd Pawlowski
|||`* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeSlevin
||| +- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeEd Pawlowski
||| `* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeFrank
|||  `* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeEd Pawlowski
|||   `- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeerbowman
||`- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeerbowman
|`- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeetrader_4
+* OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeSlevin
|`- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeBob F
`- OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointeeT

1
OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<tnffdb$10bn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34753&group=alt.home.repair#34753

From: Fra...@frank..net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 10:44:42 -0500
 by: Frank - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:44 UTC

Just heard this:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<7087f9a9-d2f8-406f-9bdf-398085d955bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34754&group=alt.home.repair#34754

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 08:02:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:02 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 9:44:50 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
> Just heard this:
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html

You don't expect a Rhodes Scholar to go to work like regular people, do you?

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<0LHmL.35831$9sn9.18973@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34755&group=alt.home.repair#34755

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 11:15:55 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:15 UTC

On 12/15/2022 10:44 AM, Frank wrote:
> Just heard this:
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html

End result is what counts.

'As usual, while traveling on personal time he remained available and
engaged on urgent issues, which in this case meant multiple calls with
staff and stakeholders to work on the topic of rail labor negotiations,'
they said.
'Overall, the Secretary's work toward helping successfully prevent a
rail shutdown included dozens of calls and meetings between April and
December.'

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<d%HmL.3716$%os8.1283@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34757&group=alt.home.repair#34757

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:33:13 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:33 UTC

Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> writes:
>On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 9:44:50 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
>> Just heard this:
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html
>
> You don't expect a Rhodes Scholar to go to work like regular people, do you?

I expect that every american is allowed to take a vacation. You do, why shouldn't
he? Or do you expect him to anticipate future random events?

"A spokesperson for the department said he was traveling on
personal time but remained engaged on urgent issues. They said
the trip had been long planned in advance."

The President and congress dealt with the rail strike threat. It is their job,
after all.

And the daily mail is known for sensationalist reporting and leaving
out relevent information.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<MPG.3e051ccbdc114acf989cf9@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34759&group=alt.home.repair#34759

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:00:52 -0500
 by: Ralph Mowery - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:00 UTC

In article <d%HmL.3716$%os8.1283@fx03.iad>, scott@slp53.sl.home says...

> I expect that every american is allowed to take a vacation. You do, why shouldn't
> he? Or do you expect him to anticipate future random events?
>
> "A spokesperson for the department said he was traveling on
> personal time but remained engaged on urgent issues. They said
> the trip had been long planned in advance."
>

> The President and congress dealt with the rail strike threat. It is their job,
> after all.

For most jobs when someone takes a vacation that has a critical job
someone else takes over. When the president takes a vacation, the vice
president should be able to fill in and even sign the bills congress
passes.

If a doctor that delivers babies takes a vacation another doctor will
fill in.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<tnfjsc$1bmh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34760&group=alt.home.repair#34760

From: Fra...@frank..net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:00:59 -0500
 by: Frank - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:00 UTC

On 12/15/2022 11:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/15/2022 10:44 AM, Frank wrote:
>> Just heard this:
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html
>
> End result is what counts.
>
> 'As usual, while traveling on personal time he remained available and
> engaged on urgent issues, which in this case meant multiple calls with
> staff and stakeholders to work on the topic of rail labor negotiations,'
> they said.
> 'Overall, the Secretary's work toward helping successfully prevent a
> rail shutdown included dozens of calls and meetings between April and
> December.'

I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D jobs
at the plants. When on vacation they had to leave information on how to
reach them and were often called back if there was a plant problem.

This was a huge national problem and he should have been on station.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<a6nmphdc1pbeuh2ru4fs54n8a8cqf2f2r1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34762&group=alt.home.repair#34762

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:43:50 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:43 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:00:52 -0500, Ralph Mowery
<rmowery42@charter.net> wrote:

>In article <d%HmL.3716$%os8.1283@fx03.iad>, scott@slp53.sl.home says...
>>
>> I expect that every american is allowed to take a vacation. You do, why shouldn't
>> he? Or do you expect him to anticipate future random events?
>>
>> "A spokesperson for the department said he was traveling on
>> personal time but remained engaged on urgent issues. They said
>> the trip had been long planned in advance."
>>

>> The President and congress dealt with the rail strike threat. It is their job,
>> after all.
>>

>For most jobs when someone takes a vacation that has a critical job
>someone else takes over. When the president takes a vacation, the vice
>president should be able to fill in and even sign the bills congress
>passes.
>
>If a doctor that delivers babies takes a vacation another doctor will
>fill in.

When I had an important job, I never took a vacation.

I just skipped work and let my boss wonder where I was.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<hLOZhGbMFlHqCSLmFqhKGUCFtGQuEnbO@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34763&group=alt.home.repair#34763

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: sle...@192.168.1.1 (Slevin)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 22 17:47:36 UTC
 by: Slevin - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:47 UTC

Frank wrote:
> Just heard this:
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html

Buttgig wouldn't last a day in the private sector.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<OXgSTinUucxcKCNvpPidWXGtQbwgqwKi@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34764&group=alt.home.repair#34764

Date: Thu, 15 Dec 22 17:50:52 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: sle...@192.168.1.1 (Slevin)
 by: Slevin - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:50 UTC

Frank wrote:
> On 12/15/2022 11:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 12/15/2022 10:44 AM, Frank wrote:
>>> Just heard this:
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html
>>>

>> End result is what counts.
>>
>> 'As usual, while traveling on personal time he remained available and
>> engaged on urgent issues, which in this case meant multiple calls with
>> staff and stakeholders to work on the topic of rail labor
>> negotiations,' they said.
>> 'Overall, the Secretary's work toward helping successfully prevent a
>> rail shutdown included dozens of calls and meetings between April and
>> December.'
>
> I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D jobs
> at the plants.  When on vacation they had to leave information on how to
> reach them and were often called back if there was a plant problem.
>
> This was a huge national problem and he should have been on station.

Clearly trader's twin brother Ed puts in more hours at his DNC troll
farm job than Buttgig does at his.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<N9JmL.2729$ZhSc.2289@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34765&group=alt.home.repair#34765

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:52:44 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:52 UTC

On 12/15/2022 12:00 PM, Frank wrote:
> On 12/15/2022 11:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 12/15/2022 10:44 AM, Frank wrote:
>>> Just heard this:
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html
>>
>> End result is what counts.
>>
>> 'As usual, while traveling on personal time he remained available and
>> engaged on urgent issues, which in this case meant multiple calls with
>> staff and stakeholders to work on the topic of rail labor
>> negotiations,' they said.
>> 'Overall, the Secretary's work toward helping successfully prevent a
>> rail shutdown included dozens of calls and meetings between April and
>> December.'
>
> I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D jobs
> at the plants.  When on vacation they had to leave information on how to
> reach them and were often called back if there was a plant problem.

Wow, that is a poorly managed plant with too many incompetent people.

> This was a huge national problem and he should have been on station.

The job got done. Good on him. You can make all the comments you want
but since you were not involved it is just an opinion based on nothing.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<hcCNVqyBHvnXncgLOvdkbdxEFHIndpAy@news.usenet.farm>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34771&group=alt.home.repair#34771

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: sle...@192.168.1.1 (Slevin)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 22 18:23:35 UTC
 by: Slevin - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:23 UTC

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/15/2022 12:00 PM, Frank wrote:
>>>>

>>> End result is what counts.
>>>
>>> 'As usual, while traveling on personal time he remained available and
>>> engaged on urgent issues, which in this case meant multiple calls
>>> with staff and stakeholders to work on the topic of rail labor
>>> negotiations,' they said.
>>> 'Overall, the Secretary's work toward helping successfully prevent a
>>> rail shutdown included dozens of calls and meetings between April and
>>> December.'
>>
>> I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D
>> jobs at the plants.  When on vacation they had to leave information on
>> how to reach them and were often called back if there was a plant
>> problem.
>>

> Wow, that is a poorly managed plant with too many incompetent people.
>

>> This was a huge national problem and he should have been on station.
>
> The job got done.  Good on him.  You can make all the comments you want
> but since you were not involved it is just an opinion based on nothing.

IIRC, President Trump took a lot of flack from the alt.home.repair
libtards whenever he took a day off to go golfing.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<4LKmL.5982$ZnFc.3345@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34776&group=alt.home.repair#34776

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:40:48 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 19:40 UTC

On 12/15/2022 1:23 PM, Slevin wrote:

>>> I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D
>>> jobs at the plants.  When on vacation they had to leave information
>>> on how to reach them and were often called back if there was a plant
>>> problem.
>>>

>> Wow, that is a poorly managed plant with too many incompetent people.
>>

>>> This was a huge national problem and he should have been on station.
>>
>> The job got done.  Good on him.  You can make all the comments you
>> want but since you were not involved it is just an opinion based on
>> nothing.
>>

> IIRC, President Trump took a lot of flack from the alt.home.repair
> libtards whenever he took a day off to go golfing.

You mean Trump, the guy that said he'd not have time for golf? The guy
that criticized Obama for golfing?

Of course he took off, nothing wrong with that but don't make yourself a
hypocrite when you do.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<tngd09$36hon$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34797&group=alt.home.repair#34797

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 16:09:44 -0800
 by: Bob F - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 00:09 UTC

On 12/15/2022 5:47 PM, Slevin wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> Just heard this:
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html
>>

> Buttgig wouldn't last a day in the private sector.

Nonsense.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<k02c0eFi7oiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34815&group=alt.home.repair#34815

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 16 Dec 2022 04:54:39 GMT
 by: rbowman - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 04:54 UTC

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:00:59 -0500, Frank wrote:

> I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D jobs
> at the plants. When on vacation they had to leave information on how to
> reach them and were often called back if there was a plant problem.

In theory we weren't supposed to respond to emails while on vacation but
my boss always had a panic attack when I said the dreaded word. One
memorable New Years Eve I was downtown at a First Night event when the
phone rang. I wound up standing on a street corner walking a support
person through an installation because some nimrod decided the system had
to be live on Jan 1.

I was also on call for Y2K but that turned out to be a big nothing. The
band played Auld Lang Syne and the lights didn't go out so I went home to
bed.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<tnhonj$1hjl$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34824&group=alt.home.repair#34824

From: Fra...@frank..net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 07:36:01 -0500
 by: Frank - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:36 UTC

On 12/15/2022 1:23 PM, Slevin wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I worked in R&D at corporate headquarters but had friends with R&D
>>> jobs at the plants.  When on vacation they had to leave information
>>> on how to reach them and were often called back if there was a plant
>>> problem.
>>>

>> Wow, that is a poorly managed plant with too many incompetent people.
>>

>>> This was a huge national problem and he should have been on station.
>>
>> The job got done.  Good on him.  You can make all the comments you
>> want but since you were not involved it is just an opinion based on
>> nothing.
>>

> IIRC, President Trump took a lot of flack from the alt.home.repair
> libtards whenever he took a day off to go golfing.

They view the world through a sort of polarized lens where Biden, good,
Trump, bad.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<vC%mL.18300$Tcw8.4089@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34830&group=alt.home.repair#34830

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 09:52:10 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:52 UTC

On 12/16/2022 7:36 AM, Frank wrote:

>> IIRC, President Trump took a lot of flack from the alt.home.repair
>> libtards whenever he took a day off to go golfing.
>
> They view the world through a sort of polarized lens where Biden, good,
> Trump, bad.

No, Biden mediocre, Trump terrible.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<540ea4d1-ff56-4c4f-8847-b9763ec6001bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34845&group=alt.home.repair#34845

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 08:25:41 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 16:25 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 11:16:02 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/15/2022 10:44 AM, Frank wrote:
> > Just heard this:
> > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html
> End result is what counts.
>
> 'As usual, while traveling on personal time he remained available and
> engaged on urgent issues, which in this case meant multiple calls with
> staff and stakeholders to work on the topic of rail labor negotiations,'
> they said.
> 'Overall, the Secretary's work toward helping successfully prevent a
> rail shutdown included dozens of calls and meetings between April and
> December.'

Buttigieg is the result of a series of very bad decisions. Thhis is another
great example of how it's always about me, me, me, not the country.
Screw him.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<6f13ae98-6284-4be4-831f-4d2b1aa950b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34846&group=alt.home.repair#34846

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 08:27:35 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 16:27 UTC

On Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 12:01:00 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> In article <d%HmL.3716$%os8....@fx03.iad>, sc...@slp53.sl.home says...
> >
> > I expect that every american is allowed to take a vacation. You do, why shouldn't
> > he? Or do you expect him to anticipate future random events?
> >
> > "A spokesperson for the department said he was traveling on
> > personal time but remained engaged on urgent issues. They said
> > the trip had been long planned in advance."
> >

> > The President and congress dealt with the rail strike threat. It is their job,
> > after all.
> >

> For most jobs when someone takes a vacation that has a critical job
> someone else takes over. When the president takes a vacation, the vice
> president should be able to fill in and even sign the bills congress
> passes.

Of course that's never been done. The closest thing has been a president
relinquishing powers for a few hours while undergoing sedation for a
medical procedure.

> If a doctor that delivers babies takes a vacation another doctor will
> fill in.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<k03ngfFodiqU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34852&group=alt.home.repair#34852

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: 16 Dec 2022 17:17:03 GMT
 by: rbowman - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 17:17 UTC

On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 09:52:10 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> No, Biden mediocre, Trump terrible.

The difference between Biden and Wilson is they kept Wilson under wraps
when he was no longer functional and so far Biden has done no where near
as much damage as 'He Kept Us Out Of War' Wilson.

Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee

<tnich4$3d5d9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34856&group=alt.home.repair#34856

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 10:13:56 -0800
 by: T - Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:13 UTC

On 12/15/22 07:44, Frank wrote:
> Just heard this:
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11539647/Pete-Buttigieg-vacation-PORTUGAL-rail-worker-talks-Report.html

https://townhall.com/political-cartoons/margoliscox/2022/12/12/194896

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT-Ed's favorite Biden appointee