Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.economics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: NY Democrat complains about her student debt after SCOTUS ruling,
gets slammed for million dollar home
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 11:46:12 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 18:46 UTC

Very RICH hypocrisy.
So she is a lawyer from a very expensive school earning plenty,
they bought a over $1M home, but she wants the 87% of citizens
who did not take out expensive school loans to pay for her choices.

from
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-democrat-complains-student-debt-scotus-ruling-gets-slammed-million-dollar-home

NY Democrat complains about her student debt after SCOTUS ruling, gets
slammed for million dollar home
Former New York state Sen. Alessandra Biaggi, a Democrat, said she owes
$206,000 in student loan debt
Kyle MorrisBy Kyle Morris | Fox News

Supreme Court blocks Biden's student loan forgiveness plan
Fox News' Shannon Bream provides breaking details on the Supreme Court's
decision, and constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley provides
analysis.

Former New York state Democrat Sen. Alessandra Biaggi took to social
media Friday to discuss the pricey student loans she had amassed during
law school, despite purchasing a $1.14 million home last summer.

"In 2012, I graduated from Fordham Law School with $180,000 is student
loan debt," Biaggi wrote in a tweet. "I’ve been paying loans for 11
years. Even paid two of them off completely."

"In 2023, my balance is $206,000," added Biaggi, who represented New
York's 34th district during her three-year tenure in the state Senate.

The remarks from Biaggi — who posed an unsuccessful primary challenge to
former Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, D-N.Y., in the 2022 midterm elections
— came nearly one year after it was reported that she and her husband
had purchased and moved into a $1,137,500 home located in the state's
17th Congressional District, which she had hoped to represent in Congress.

CORI BUSH LASHES OUT AT SUPREME COURT JUSTICES AFTER STUDENT LOAN
DECISION: ‘LINING THEIR OWN POCKETS’

Biaggi, 36, and her husband, Nathaniel Koloc, puchased the
three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in an upscale suburban area in July
2022, the New York Post reported last year.

The Post also noted that the house was a significant upgrade over
Biaggi's previous residence, a $691,006 condo in Pelham, New York, where
she was registered to vote.

Biaggi's comments followed a decision from the Supreme Court to strike
down President Biden's student loan-forgiveness plan, with the high
court concluding that the White House lacked the legal authorization to
provide billions in federal loan forgiveness for borrowers, absent clear
authorization from Congress.

Alessandra Biaggi
Last August, it was reported that Biaggi and her husband had purchased a
$1,137,500 home located in the state's 17th Congressional District,
which she had hoped to represent in Congress. (Tayfun Coskun/Anadolu
Agency via Getty Images, Google Earth)

The move by the Supreme Court will prevent more than 40 million low- and
middle-income borrowers from receiving $10,000 in federal loan
forgiveness under the Biden administration's plan — and is a major
defeat for the president on one of his key 2020 election campaign promises.

Several social media users were quick to point out that Biaggi should
have paid off her student loans before purchasing the expensive home
located in Bedford, New York.

"You need Dave Ramsey, not Joe Biden," Christopher Rufo, a senior fellow
at the Manhattan Institute, told Biaggi in a tweet. Ramsey is a
prominent radio host who offers financial advice.

Responding to Biaggi, another user wrote: "You signed the loan
agreement. Didn’t you read it?"

"She could afford to buy a $1 million home but not pay off $180K of
debt," Greg Price, communications director for the State Freedom Caucus
Network, noted in a tweet.

Alessandra Biaggi
Then-New York state Sen. Alessandra Biaggi speaks on stage at The 10th
Annual First Ladies Luncheon on September 20, 2022, in New York City.
(Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images for Fashion 4 Development)

Offering his perspective on the issue, retired marine and talk show host
Jesse Kelly wrote in a tweet: "BREAKING: Woman spends more than she makes."

Originally announced by Biden from the White House last August, the
debt-forgiveness plan would have canceled $10,000 of federal student
loan debt for certain borrowers making less than $125,000 per year, and
up to $20,000 for Pell Grant recipients.

Fox News' Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.

Kyle Morris covers politics for Fox News. Story tips can be sent to
kyle.morris@fox.com and on Twitter: @RealKyleMorris.

Conversation10.7K Comments
1.6K Viewing
Discussions are moderated. For more details, click here.

g.h.m.
20 hours ago

Her student loan balance is higher now than it was when she graduated.
So for 11 years, she hasn't even been paying enough to cover the
interest payments, much less pay down the principal--while she chose to
buy a million-dollar home. That's on her. Personally, I think she could
have benefitted fro...

See more

eodk9sergeant,ret.
18 hours ago

When I married my wife she had substantial student loans. After a year
of paying their payments, I realized the payment ‘s were set up to take
20 years to pay it off. I then sold our home, that I had before
marriage, downsized and paid off the loans with my equity from the sale.
Sure it was a sa...

See more

knights-who-say-ni
20 hours ago

$206,000 of student loans??? Where did she go to college at? If you are
going to go to that expensive of a college you better be prepared to pay
for it and not borrow money. Its like someone making minimum wage goes
out and buys a Ferrari. They will never be able to pay it off.

37 replies

western958
20 hours ago

I spent 5 years in college and personally paid for all my expenses plus
paid off all my school debts within one year. I was a private in the US
Army when I paid off my final loan. Worked summers before and during
college to pay most of the costs as I went to school. Parents paid none
of my expen...

See more

Verumipsum
18 hours ago

I paid off college loans with sweat-equity, worked throughout college
and medical school, paid off undergrad loans in 1 year, we lived in
apartment for 5 years. had a mortgage, paid it off by working
moonlighting jobs as an ER physician in the middle of every 3rd night
call residency for 4 years. P...

See more

DanDDeal
19 hours ago

The same for me. Four years in the air Force which gave me $50 a
semester and I paid all the rest from working full time and then going
to night school.
The privilege generation.

amazingoly
20 hours ago

She signed and agreed to the loan so in October the payments will
continue. No different than a home mortgage or car loan, make payments
until the loan is paid in full. No tears here.

amerfirst970
13 hours ago

But Joe promised her! Now she is heartbroken!

tarheel65149
21 hours ago

This one of the many reasons student loan debt should not be forgiven in
a blanket program. People who incurred the debt and can afford to repay
it, should be held to their obligations.

bowman02
20 hours ago

.... not only that, how is it my concern when any person takes out debt
for any reason? If you want the house, car or educational loan then, it
is your responsibility, not mine to have a plan on how to fulfil your
obligations to the contract you signed! I don't see this as complicated
at all!

Freeamerican2022
21 hours ago

If you take out a learn, you have to repay it. That's the deal. If
young people expect to never have to pay back their debts, our economy
is going to crash. 2008 rings a bell.

georgiabelle
20 hours ago

Tuition is out of control, but forcing tax payers to pay other people’s
student debt when they are struggling to survive and pay their own debt
is not the answer. Also, a President is not authorized to make such
decision.

TimGeralt
19 hours ago

Colleges and the federal government encourage students to borrow and go
heavily into debt. Colleges, in turn, raise their costs exponentially
because they know students will be willing to take on so much debt. But
they have little life experience and responsibilities when they take out
so many loan...

See more

the-voice-of-reason
20 hours ago

Tuition is out of control bc people are willing to pay. There are plenty
of other (better, cheaper, and in some cases, both) options besides
liberal indoctrination sleepaway camp (“college”)!

southside325
20 hours ago

My oldest daughter paid off all of her student debt. My youngest
daughter has substantial student debt. When there was a moratorium from
paying she still paid. She and her new husband live in a rented condo
because they can’t afford to buy a house yet. They are doing fine and
are not looking fo...See more

ut-oh
20 hours ago

This should be the NORM, not the exception.

griffin
20 hours ago

You did a great job!! Congrats!!!!

marinesfather459
19 hours ago

I didn't have any debt when I got out of school. Of course I hit
construction sites when I was 16 and got a job as a Laborer. (I started
my own lawn business when I was 10 with neighborhood kids). I worked
through High School doing any construction job that I could get. Then I
went to JC for tw...

Click here to read the complete article