From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT not enough immigration, not enough inflation for some
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:33:03 -0500
 by: micky - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 19:33 UTC

Trump, covid slowed down immigration. Now employers can’t find workers.
Economists estimate that ‘two years of lost immigration’ is responsible
for close to half of the 3.5 million workers missing from the labor
force
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/12/15/immigration-reform-congress-worker-shortage/
Alonzo Arteaga’s title is general manager of a small hotel in Topeka,
Kan. But these days, he doubles as a housekeeper, making beds, vacuuming
floors and laundering towels to fill an ever-worsening worker shortage.

Like businesses around the country, Senate Luxury Suites is struggling
to keep going without critical employees. The hotel is down to three
housekeepers, half of what it had before the pandemic, and Arteaga
blames a years-long immigration slowdown, which he says has made an
already tough situation worse......

Opinion
Falling inflation rates are great news — unless you’re a GOP politician
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/15/republicans-inflation-economy-biden/
Has the worst of the pandemic-induced inflation already passed? The
latest economic data released this week suggest so. That leaves
Republicans in a quandary: After dedicating practically all of their
midterm messaging of substance to President Biden’s supposed mishandling
of the economy, they might have little left to stand on.

......President Biden on Tuesday took the opportunity to boast about the
data: “In a world where inflation is rising at double digits in many
major economies around the world, inflation is coming down in America.”
He argued that this served as proof that “our economic plan is
working.”.....

Re: OT not enough immigration, not enough inflation for some

<1731130b6a284a3b$1$1718252$3aa16cab@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=34787&group=alt.home.repair#34787

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: su.nom...@redacted.000 (Su Nombre)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 15:57:33 -0500
 by: Su Nombre - Thu, 15 Dec 2022 20:57 UTC

micky wrote:
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/12/15/immigration-reform-congress-worker-shortage/
> Alonzo Arteaga’s title is general manager of a small hotel in Topeka,
> Kan. But these days, he doubles as a housekeeper, making beds, vacuuming
> floors and laundering towels to fill an ever-worsening worker shortage.

With Bidenflation and the skyrocketing price of gas, workers can't afford to drive to work.
Yah, I know, the ever-vacationing Peter Buttplug's answer is to buy a $60,000 electric car.

interests / alt.home.repair / OT not enough immigration, not enough inflation for some