From: another....@latimes.com (Unqualified black Karen Bass)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,alt.politics,ca.politics,sac.politics
Subject: LA sheriff's deputy pleads not guilty to unlawful possession of assault rifle
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:35:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Unqualified black Ka - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:35 UTC

LOS ANGELES � A Los Angeles County sheriff�s deputy pleaded not guilty
Thursday to unlawful possession of an assault rifle and tracer ammunition
at his home.

Brandon Garmon, 45, was charged April 4 with one felony count each of
possession of an assault weapon and possession of a destructive device.

The charges stem from the discovery of an unregistered AR-15 assault rifle
and incendiary ammunition that were found in a closet when a search
warrant was served April 8, 2020, at Garmon�s home, according to the Los
Angeles County District Attorney�s Office.

Garmon has been suspended from the Los Angeles County Sheriff�s
Department, but remains employed, his attorney told a judge.

He is due back in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom July 17. A judge is
expected to determine then whether there is sufficient evidence to allow
the case against him to proceed to trial.

�While I support the rights afforded to us under the 2nd Amendment, I also
respect the laws of our state. It is illegal to possess an AR-15 assault
rifle in California and I expect everyone, including sworn officers to
follow the law,� District Attorney George Gasc�n said in a statement
announcing the charges.

https://www.presstelegram.com/2023/06/29/la-sheriffs-deputy-pleads-not-
guilty-to-unlawful-possession-of-assault-rifle/