Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Residents shoot back at home intruders during robbery attempt in
Seattle
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 09:41:02 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:41 UTC

from
https://komonews.com/news/local/south-seattle-home-invasion-beacon-hill-robbery-attempt-residents-shoot-suspects-intruders-harborview-medical-center-police-investigation-ongoing-king-county-crime-gun-violence

Residents shoot back at home intruders during robbery attempt in Seattle
by Jeremy Harris, KOMO News ReporterTue, June 27th 2023, 11:38 AM PDT
UserWay icon for accessibility widget
FILE - A file photo of a Seattle police vehicle in June 2023. (KOMO News)
FILE - A file photo of a Seattle police vehicle in June 2023. (KOMO News)

SEATTLE — Seattle police say the victims of a home-invasion robbery
turned the table on the suspects during an exchange of gunfire Monday
morning.

According to police, the robbery happened around 3:30 a.m. near 5500
23rd Ave South in the Beacon Hill neighborhood.

“The suspects were met by the residents who were armed and exchanged
gunfire. The suspects were gone by time officers arrived and were not
located,” Seattle police wrote in a watch log.

Approximately 15 minutes after the home invasion robbery was reported, a
person with multiple gunshot wounds was dropped off at Swedish First
Hill hospital. The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center in
stable condition and did not provide information to police about how
they were shot.

Comment bubble
JOIN THE CONVERSATION (
36
) Seattle police told KOMO News on Tuesday that it has not been determined
if the person who was shot was connected to the home-invasion robbery.

Conversation39 Comments
Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. See our
guidelines.

View 2 new comments
Sort by

Best

Dorimonsonfan
21 hours ago

"The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition
and did not provide information to police about how they were shot." An
actual victim would provide information to police about how they were shot.

ExSeattlite
20 hours ago

The suspects were gone by time officers arrived and were not located,”
Seattle police wrote“

This sentence alone is proof everyone should be armed because if you
rely upon police protection you will be dead by the time they arrive!
Never owned a gun for over fifty years but I now own two, a 9mm Gloc...

See more

RealityIsNotAPerception
15 hours ago

"When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away. "

That's not a knock against the police, just a statement of reality.

Police aren't meant to be every person's or every business' bodyguard,
so they should be ready to protect themselves UNTIL the police can get
there.

Joe1111
20 hours ago

Good for them. It's refreshing to see people take action against the
escalating crime in Seattle.

WakeupPNW
11 minutes ago

So many times this has happened and it is never reported.

Archilochus
21 hours ago

Normally one would say the guy showing up at the emergency room with
multiple gunshot wounds was just way too much of a coincidence given the
home invasion robbery 15 minutes prior. But in lawless Seattle, it
could be that the guy was shot at another home invasion robbery that
just happened to be ...

See more

seattlecommonsense
21 hours ago

Sounds to me that more range-time is needed.

Ringo
17 hours ago

Good for the Homeowner !

bazwest
19 hours ago

Being armed is why this was an "attempted" robbery instead of a
full-blown robbery

K9Kruiser
16 hours ago

Outstanding, more citizens need to do this!

K9Kruiser
16 hours ago

Kids are eating Tide pods and adults are confused about their
gender...guns are not the problem here.

Orion
15 hours ago

This is how you prevent crime. The burglars will think of a different
way to make money if they survived. Every time a criminal gets shot,
somewhere another criminal decides to get a real job.

Re: Residents shoot back at home intruders during robbery attempt in Seattle

<h0po9idkmu613n9l7tmiknbocit3d2geuq@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3468&group=alt.law-enforcement#3468

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Residents shoot back at home intruders during robbery attempt in Seattle
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 09:48:10 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:48 UTC

[Default] On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 09:41:02 -0700, a425couple
<a425couple@hotmail.com> typed:

>from
>https://komonews.com/news/local/south-seattle-home-invasion-beacon-hill-robbery-attempt-residents-shoot-suspects-intruders-harborview-medical-center-police-investigation-ongoing-king-county-crime-gun-violence
>
>Residents shoot back at home intruders during robbery attempt in Seattle
>by Jeremy Harris, KOMO News ReporterTue, June 27th 2023, 11:38 AM PDT
>UserWay icon for accessibility widget
>
>SEATTLE — Seattle police say the victims of a home-invasion robbery
>turned the table on the suspects during an exchange of gunfire Monday
>morning.
>
>According to police, the robbery happened around 3:30 a.m. near 5500
>23rd Ave South in the Beacon Hill neighborhood.
>
>“The suspects were met by the residents who were armed and exchanged
>gunfire. The suspects were gone by time officers arrived and were not
>located,” Seattle police wrote in a watch log.
>
>Approximately 15 minutes after the home invasion robbery was reported, a
>person with multiple gunshot wounds was dropped off at Swedish First
>Hill hospital. The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center in
>stable condition and did not provide information to police about how
>they were shot.

Siri and Baxter say "They should have had a dog!"

LOL