From: dumb.bla...@splcenter.org (Kamala Harris started the crimewave)
Subject: Re: California attorney general gun grabbing asshole Rob Bonta faces
tough questions as he touts organized retail theft crackdown
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 01:22:34 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.business, alt.california, alt.law-enforcement, alt.niggers,
talk.politics.guns
 by: Kamala Harris starte - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:22 UTC

On 05 Mar 2022, PaxPerPoten <PaxPerPoten@magik.beanz.net> posted some

> Bob Duncan wrote
>
>> Bonta is a piece of shit who deserves to be sanctioned by the animals
>> he protects. With luck, it will happen.

California Attorney General Rob Bonta announced what he called an
unprecedented agreement Tuesday with large retailers and online
marketplaces aimed at cracking down on organized theft rings that resell
stolen goods online.

But in a state that has become notorious lately for brazen smash-and-grab
thefts at stores � sometimes captured on video and replayed on nightly
newscasts � the state�s top law enforcement official faced tough
questioning on whether Tuesday�s agreement is enough.

�There�s accountability,� insisted Bonta, said to have aspirations for the
governor�s office, at a news conference in Los Angeles. �I�m not saying
this is the only answer, but this is an important step.�

See how Attorney General Rob Bonta wants to fight the problem: Retailers,
online marketplaces to work together to fight organized retail crime
Tuesday�s agreement calls for retailers and online marketplaces to work
with the state to help identify stolen goods being resold online and the
sophisticated crime rings behind the operations. It also establishes an
online portal for online marketplace websites where consumers can report
suspected theft activity.

But the announcement raised an issue that has become a vulnerability for
California�s governing Democrats who in recent years backed a host of
criminal justice reform measures that lowered criminal penalties and
prison populations and have been blamed since for the high-profile brazen
thefts and robberies.

Bonta stressed that what his office was announcing �is not about one-off
thefts from stores, it�s not about the occasional smash-and-grab at your
local big box store.

�This about a multi-billion dollar criminal enterprise, criminal schemes
that are complex, orchestrated and incredibly organized,� Bonta said.

He described them as large-scale theft and fraud by individuals or groups
that steal retail goods from the supply chain with the intent to resell,
distribute, or return stolen merchandise for financial gain. In some
cases, resale may occur through third-party online platforms.

California and states across the country have seen a pattern of organized
retail crime, Bonta said. According to a 2020 national survey, U.S.
retailers lose about $700,000 to organized retail crime per every $1
billion in sales.

In Tuesday�s agreement, the retailers and marketplaces agree to take steps
aimed at increasing detection and reporting of organized retail crime, and
to collaborate on information sharing and investigation of organized
retail crime. The agreement implements direction from legislation passed
by state Sen. Nancy Skinner of Oakland and Assemblyman Brian Maienschein
of San Diego, both Democrats.

Companies that signed on were CVS Health, Rite Aid, Walgreens, The Home
Depot, Albertsons and Safeway, Target, Meta, Amazon, eBay, OfferUp,
Mercari and Etsy. Bonta said others are welcome to join in the effort.

Rory Stallard, Home Depot senior manager of asset protection, joined Bonta
for the announcement and said that �these rings of criminals go beyond
petty shoplifting.�

�They are professional thieves running a business stealing from retailers
and our communities,� Stallard said. �It�s becoming increasingly easy for
these groups to resell stolen merchandise to unsuspecting consumers
through e-commerce sites and third party sites.�

Bonta said state law enforcement officials have been working to address
organized retail theft in recent years and those efforts have yielded
results.

Just this year, Bonta said, authorities charged eight people involved in
an alleged organized retail crime operation that targeted Apple stores
across 11 counties and resulted in losses of about $1 million. Four other
people were charged for allegedly stealing more than $1 million worth of
goods from cargo trucks leaving a Microsoft shipping facility. And three
others were charged with an alleged statewide operation targeting Home
Depot that resulted in losses of more than $75,000.

�So we�re already at work getting results and making progress this year,�
Bonta said. �And today we�ll be able to ramp up those efforts.�

But Bonta fielded several questions from reporters in Los Angeles about
retail thefts generally, and the extent to which recent legislation backed
by fellow Democrats and social justice groups may have contributed. Among
the most controversial were ballot measures like Proposition 47 in 2014,
which reduced penalties for drug use, shoplifting and other forms of
theft.

https://www.ocregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/SJM-L-WCLOOT-0601-
5.jpg?fit=620%2C9999px&ssl=1

The thieves are all niggers.

Some Bay Area retail workers say they feel vulnerable. Ivette Velez,
manager of Hammer and Lewis Fashion in San Jose, said in December five men
entered the store, tried on suits and bolted without paying for the
clothes. Last month, she said, an off-duty security guard helped stop a
shoplifter, which her sales crew feels helpless to do.

�We can�t do that cause we�re women,� Velez said.

�People can�t afford anything these days,� saleswoman Natalie Martinez
said. �I understand that, but it�s wrong for them to steal.�

California Retailers Association President and CEO Rachel Michelin said
her organization has spent two years pushing for legislation to �fix Prop
47.� They sponsored legislation �to provide consequences to repeat
offenders who continue to go into our stores and steal.� But that bill AB
1708 by Assemblyman Al Muratsuchi, a Torrance Democrat, stalled before
reaching a vote.

Assemblyman Juan Alanis, a Modesto Republican, introduced AB 335 to repeal
Prop 47, but it was changed to merely authorize a study on the ballot
measure�s impacts.

�What�s clear to me is that after Proposition 47�s implementation, there
has been has a detrimental effect on our neighborhoods and businesses,�
Alanis said Tuesday.

Bonta insisted Prop. 47 isn�t a problem and isn�t at issue with the
organized retail thefts he was targeting Tuesday.

�Let�s not confuse oranges and apples,� Bonta said about lower-level
retail thefts that often make the news. �We�re in one of the lowest levels
of crime in the state of California, overall, with some spikes in some
crimes. We need to address all crimes � any crime is a problem.�

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/06/21/california-attorney-general-faces-
tough-questions-as-he-touts-organized-retail-theft-crackdown/

Re: California attorney general gun grabbing asshole Rob Bonta faces tough questions as he touts organized retail theft crackdown

<u7cbar$vvr7$21@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3460&group=alt.law-enforcement#3460

From: me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: alt.business,alt.california,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: California attorney general gun grabbing asshole Rob Bonta faces tough questions as he touts organized retail theft crackdown
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 10:18:22 -0500
 by: Scout - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:18 UTC

"Kamala Harris started the crimewave" <dumb.black.whores@splcenter.org>
wrote in message news:29dda177b137c4a16a9d8280f53e487e@dizum.com...
> On 05 Mar 2022, PaxPerPoten <PaxPerPoten@magik.beanz.net> posted some
>
>> Bob Duncan wrote
>>
>>> Bonta is a piece of shit who deserves to be sanctioned by the animals
>>> he protects. With luck, it will happen.
>
> California Attorney General Rob Bonta announced what he called an
> unprecedented agreement Tuesday with large retailers and online
> marketplaces aimed at cracking down on organized theft rings that resell
> stolen goods online.

So to be clear.. we can't stop them from stealing them when the person doing
so is RIGHT THERE...

But instead we're going to try to identify both the stolen good and the
person trying to sell them much later when it may be all but impossible to
prove they did not come by the products legally.

I mean how exactly do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a currently
sold retail product offered on line was stolen?

Sounds to me like he's blowing smoke up the retailer's asses while doing
exactly nothing to stop their loses.

Re: California attorney general gun grabbing asshole Rob Bonta faces tough questions as he touts organized retail theft crackdown

<8icj9itcjbfnhkhegbks667e3s1b8jhkp7@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3461&group=alt.law-enforcement#3461

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.business,alt.california,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 08:45:07 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:45 UTC

[Default] On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 10:18:22 -0500, "Scout"
<me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> typed:

>"Kamala Harris started the crimewave" <dumb.black.whores@splcenter.org>
>wrote in message news:29dda177b137c4a16a9d8280f53e487e@dizum.com...
>> On 05 Mar 2022, PaxPerPoten <PaxPerPoten@magik.beanz.net> posted some
>>
>>> Bob Duncan wrote

>> California Attorney General Rob Bonta announced what he called an
>> unprecedented agreement Tuesday with large retailers and online
>> marketplaces aimed at cracking down on organized theft rings that resell
>> stolen goods online.
>
>So to be clear.. we can't stop them from stealing them when the person doing
>so is RIGHT THERE...
>
>But instead we're going to try to identify both the stolen good and the
>person trying to sell them much later when it may be all but impossible to
>prove they did not come by the products legally.
>
>I mean how exactly do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a currently
>sold retail product offered on line was stolen?
>
>Sounds to me like he's blowing smoke up the retailer's asses while doing
>exactly nothing to stop their loses.

How about charging looters an extra tax on profits from stolen
merchandise sold on line?

That sound more like California Democrat Party Think.