From: hoculs_b...@nytimes.com (Hochul's crime wave)
Subject: Re: State Police: Wounded trooper out of hospital,
black gunman is dead
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 06:05:30 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement, alt.niggers, alt.politics.democrats,
ny.politics, talk.politics.guns
 by: Hochul's crime - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 04:05 UTC

Bob Duncan <bob7duncan@gmail.com> wrote in

> Jonathan wrote
>
>> Another case where the media fails to call out niggers for bad
>> behavior.

DUANESBURG � A state trooper making a traffic stop along I-88 Friday was
shot in the arm, and a passenger who fired the gun fled, shot himself
and died, State Police said.

Trooper Richard Albert, assigned to the Cobleskill station, was released
later in the day from Ellis Hospital. Albert, who has 21 years on the
force, was patrolling the highway in a marked police vehicle at about 11
a.m. when he saw a silver SUV racing at more than 100 mph in the
eastbound lanes in the town of Duanesburg, State Police Deputy
Superintendent Richard Allen said.

The trooper pulled the vehicle over and as he approached the driver's
side of the car, the passenger, a man, fired through an open window,
hitting Albert in the upper left arm and shoulder area, police said.

The trooper returned fire and the occupants left the vehicle. The gunman
fled and the woman who was driving the car was taken into custody
uninjured and without incident at the scene, Allen said. Police were
still trying to determine the nature of their relationship Friday
evening. State Police also applied for a warrant to search the SUV.

The gunman, identified as Nelson Troche, 32, of Schenectady, was found
about an hour and a half later in a wooded area off Darby Hill Road in
Duanesburg with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Troopers said they provided medical aid until EMS arrived and took him
to Albany Medical Center via a helicopter but he died at the hospital.

The shooting points out the inherent dangers of police work and how
quickly a seemingly routine traffic stop can turn violent, he added.

State Police commanders have viewed the body-worn camera footage of the
encounter and said Albert handled it properly.

�Every time we stop a car, go to a complaint, we know in the back of our
minds this could happen,� Allen said. � I can�t express it enough how
well I think our troopers handled this, right from Trooper Albert to the
search for the suspect in the wooded area afterward, I think our guys
did a phenomenal job, and it was textbook the way it was handled.

�He had no interaction with either occupant prior to being shot at,�
Allen said, adding that police have a still photo of the gun coming out
the window.

Allen also credited the quick thinking of the driver of a log truck who
pulled in front of the SUV so it couldn�t take off.

The highway was closed between Exit 23 in Schoharie and Exit 24 in
Duanesburg.

The State Troopers Police Benevolent Association expressed its concern
in a statement.

�Every call for help is unpredictable and no day is ever �routine,� the
union wrote in a statement Friday afternoon. �Our thoughts and prayers
are with Trooper Richard Albert, who was shot by a suspect during this
incident, and we are thankful that he is expected to recover from his
injuries.�

�One of our troopers was shot in the line of duty during a traffic stop
today,� Gov. Kathy Hochul said on Twitter. �Thankfully, he is expected
to recover. My thoughts are with our trooper�s family and loved ones.�

Earlier Friday, Dennis and Christine Wolfe, who run Wolfe�s Market &
Pizza store, recalled getting a call from the State Police urging them
to shelter in place because of an active shooter in the area.

Not long after that, Dennis, who also serves as the chairman of the
Board of Fire Commissioners for the Quaker Street Fire District, said
the area was flooded with one police car after the other thundering up
Darby Hill Road to a heavily wooded area. He said the search for the
suspected shooter also included canines and a helicopter.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/state-trooper-shot-i-88-
duanesburg-officials-said-18156355.php