Do students of Zen Buddhism do Om-work?

interests / alt.home.repair / OT How does Judge?Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

SubjectAuthor
* OT How does Judge?Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.micky
+* OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend hisCindy Hamilton
|`* OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.trader_4
| `- OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.micky
`- OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.bruce bowser

1
OT How does Judge?Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

<n91snh58kijpf64rnq419h4u1vl36aqfku@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=33834&group=alt.home.repair#33834

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT How does Judge???Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 06:42:09 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:42 UTC

OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

It occurs to me that the judge, who was mostly retired, has been
spending the last month or two examining all the documents from
maralago to decide which ones, if any, go back to trump.

While at the same time, the joj had amotion before an appeals court to
eliminate this task.

Now Dearie is a judge too, and he knows abou tthe motion, and knows the
doj wiill probably win. So the smart thing to do would be to go fishing
and wait until their decision.

But it's also true that time is of the essence and Dearie said he'd be
done by iirc the middle of December. Now I myself had a speedy plan
that would only take 2 or 3 days, but he must not have liked my plan
when he said it woudl be the middle of December. So to meet his own
schedule, he should have been working diligently for the last month or
two, while he knew that his job might be eliminated after the hearing,
which was held yesterday, Nov 22.

Observerss at the hearing noticed that the 3 Republican judges, on a
trump appointtee, asked all kinds of questions of the trump side, and
got unsatisfying answers, and no questions to speak of of the DOJ side.
It's clear that trump will lose, and Dearie will have wasted one or two
months of his life doing clerical rather than intellectual work or just
relaxing. Unless of course he was relaxing and planning to use my plan
in the unlikely situation that the doj lost on yesterday's motion.

Did I get this right? What do you think Dearies been doing the last
few weeks? (How many weeks has it been?)

Re: OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

<pypfL.10273$fqL2.5760@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=33842&group=alt.home.repair#33842

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Subject: Re: OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his
autumn.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 13:50:13 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 13:50 UTC

On 2022-11-23, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
> OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.
>
> It occurs to me that the judge, who was mostly retired, has been
> spending the last month or two examining all the documents from
> maralago to decide which ones, if any, go back to trump.
>
> While at the same time, the joj had amotion before an appeals court to
> eliminate this task.
>
> Now Dearie is a judge too, and he knows abou tthe motion, and knows the
> doj wiill probably win. So the smart thing to do would be to go fishing
> and wait until their decision.
>
> But it's also true that time is of the essence and Dearie said he'd be
> done by iirc the middle of December. Now I myself had a speedy plan
> that would only take 2 or 3 days, but he must not have liked my plan
> when he said it woudl be the middle of December. So to meet his own
> schedule, he should have been working diligently for the last month or
> two, while he knew that his job might be eliminated after the hearing,
> which was held yesterday, Nov 22.
>
> Observerss at the hearing noticed that the 3 Republican judges, on a
> trump appointtee, asked all kinds of questions of the trump side, and
> got unsatisfying answers, and no questions to speak of of the DOJ side.

He had their motion to refer to. I imagine it was clear and complete,
unlike the maunderings of the various Trump lawyers.

> It's clear that trump will lose, and Dearie will have wasted one or two
> months of his life doing clerical rather than intellectual work or just
> relaxing. Unless of course he was relaxing and planning to use my plan
> in the unlikely situation that the doj lost on yesterday's motion.
>
> Did I get this right? What do you think Dearies been doing the last
> few weeks? (How many weeks has it been?)

I think he's been reviewing documents. You don't get to be where he is
in his profession by going fishing.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

<7e8af3c6-5ab3-4bfb-859f-379dfcdb14d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=33850&group=alt.home.repair#33850

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 06:48:13 -0800 (PST)
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:48 UTC

On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 8:50:20 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-11-23, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
> > OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.
> >
> > It occurs to me that the judge, who was mostly retired, has been
> > spending the last month or two examining all the documents from
> > maralago to decide which ones, if any, go back to trump.
> >
> > While at the same time, the joj had amotion before an appeals court to
> > eliminate this task.
> >
> > Now Dearie is a judge too, and he knows abou tthe motion, and knows the
> > doj wiill probably win. So the smart thing to do would be to go fishing
> > and wait until their decision.
> >
> > But it's also true that time is of the essence and Dearie said he'd be
> > done by iirc the middle of December. Now I myself had a speedy plan
> > that would only take 2 or 3 days, but he must not have liked my plan
> > when he said it woudl be the middle of December. So to meet his own
> > schedule, he should have been working diligently for the last month or
> > two, while he knew that his job might be eliminated after the hearing,
> > which was held yesterday, Nov 22.
> >
> > Observerss at the hearing noticed that the 3 Republican judges, on a
> > trump appointtee, asked all kinds of questions of the trump side, and
> > got unsatisfying answers, and no questions to speak of of the DOJ side.
> He had their motion to refer to. I imagine it was clear and complete,
> unlike the maunderings of the various Trump lawyers.
> > It's clear that trump will lose, and Dearie will have wasted one or two
> > months of his life doing clerical rather than intellectual work or just
> > relaxing. Unless of course he was relaxing and planning to use my plan
> > in the unlikely situation that the doj lost on yesterday's motion.
> >
> > Did I get this right? What do you think Dearies been doing the last
> > few weeks? (How many weeks has it been?)
> I think he's been reviewing documents. You don't get to be where he is
> in his profession by going fishing.
>
> --
> Cindy Hamilton

From the questioning of the three judge appeals court, it sure seems that they
are on the track of booting the special master. Two things were most interesting.
One was Trump's lawyer was asked if Trump is asking for special treatment
because he's a former president. His answer was no, despite the fact that
he's filed motions that do ask for exactly that. So then since the lawyer said
no, they asked for him to cite an example where any other person that was the
subject of a search warrant was granted a special master. He couldn't cite one.
And then they asked if Trump is treated like anyone else, then why wouldn't future
subjects of search warrants demand and be entitled to their own special master.

Plus the SC ruled that Congress can have Trump's tax records, another defeat.
But with the GOP taking over the House, they probably can just kill that whole
investigation, so maybe Trump will still win that one, at least until Democrats
are back.

Re: OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

<5l2tnh9bd6tu0mc19otcbh23lap1qp7hv5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=33878&group=alt.home.repair#33878

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:13:39 -0500
 by: micky - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 21:13 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 23 Nov 2022 06:48:13 -0800 (PST), trader_4
<trader4@optonline.net> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 8:50:20 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On 2022-11-23, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
>> > OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.
>> >
>> > It occurs to me that the judge, who was mostly retired, has been
>> > spending the last month or two examining all the documents from
>> > maralago to decide which ones, if any, go back to trump.
>> >
>> > While at the same time, the joj had amotion before an appeals court to
>> > eliminate this task.
>> >
>> > Now Dearie is a judge too, and he knows abou tthe motion, and knows the
>> > doj wiill probably win. So the smart thing to do would be to go fishing
>> > and wait until their decision.
>> >
>> > But it's also true that time is of the essence and Dearie said he'd be
>> > done by iirc the middle of December. Now I myself had a speedy plan
>> > that would only take 2 or 3 days, but he must not have liked my plan
>> > when he said it woudl be the middle of December. So to meet his own
>> > schedule, he should have been working diligently for the last month or
>> > two, while he knew that his job might be eliminated after the hearing,
>> > which was held yesterday, Nov 22.
>> >
>> > Observerss at the hearing noticed that the 3 Republican judges, on a
>> > trump appointtee, asked all kinds of questions of the trump side, and
>> > got unsatisfying answers, and no questions to speak of of the DOJ side.
>> He had their motion to refer to. I imagine it was clear and complete,
>> unlike the maunderings of the various Trump lawyers.
>> > It's clear that trump will lose, and Dearie will have wasted one or two
>> > months of his life doing clerical rather than intellectual work or just
>> > relaxing. Unless of course he was relaxing and planning to use my plan
>> > in the unlikely situation that the doj lost on yesterday's motion.
>> >
>> > Did I get this right? What do you think Dearies been doing the last
>> > few weeks? (How many weeks has it been?)

>> I think he's been reviewing documents. You don't get to be where he is
>> in his profession by going fishing.

Yes, he was probably diligent, and now if trump loses, all his time was
spent for nothing. if the appeals court rules against trump before
Dearie finishes, he probably won't even release what he found. OTOH, if
he finishes first and his decision gives trump part of what he wants,
and then comes along the other motion and says, "Forget about it, no
special master today" the Reps will yell that the special master was
right and the 3 republican appeals judges are wrong.

I figured Dearie will say DOJ can have everything, but if not, surely
some insider can tell Dearie when the appeals court will rule and he can
delay his judgment, just a couple days, until they rule against his
role, so there no public comflict.

>> --
>> Cindy Hamilton
>
>From the questioning of the three judge appeals court, it sure seems that they
>are on the track of booting the special master. Two things were most interesting.
>One was Trump's lawyer was asked if Trump is asking for special treatment
>because he's a former president. His answer was no, despite the fact that
>he's filed motions that do ask for exactly that. So then since the lawyer said
>no, they asked for him to cite an example where any other person that was the
>subject of a search warrant was granted a special master. He couldn't cite one.
>And then they asked if Trump is treated like anyone else, then why wouldn't future
>subjects of search warrants demand and be entitled to their own special master.
>
>Plus the SC ruled that Congress can have Trump's tax records, another defeat.
>But with the GOP taking over the House, they probably can just kill that whole
>investigation, so maybe Trump will still win that one, at least until Democrats
>are back.

There is a Senate committee with the same responsibility and power, but
a different name, that has a right to the same tax returns, and trump's
objection has already been decided at the USSC.

Re: OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

<d5b2e4d8-0acd-472f-beb3-bd0262f1f47en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=33964&group=alt.home.repair#33964

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 11:04:45 -0800 (PST)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 19:04 UTC

On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 6:42:18 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
> OT How does Judge Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.

Should he spend it in Orlando or Anaheim?

interests / alt.home.repair / OT How does Judge?Raymond Dearie spend his autumn.