Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,seattle.politics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Man pretending to be an officer arrested after trying to pull over
real cop
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 15:56:03 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 7 Apr 2023 22:56 UTC

from
https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/man-pretending-to-be-an-officer-arrested-after-trying-to-pull-over-real-cop-oakland-county-michigan-waterford-township-police

Man pretending to be an officer arrested after trying to pull over real cop
by CALEB HOLLOWAY | WEYI StaffThu, April 6th 2023, 10:56 AM PDT
UserWay icon for accessibility widget
(Oakland County Sheriff's Office via WEYI)
(Oakland County Sheriff's Office via WEYI)
Facebook Share Icon
Twitter Share Icon
Email Share Icon
Comment bubble
0 (WEYI) — An 18-year-old Michigan man claiming to be a police officer was
arrested after attempting to make a traffic stop of a real officer and
speeding off after being caught.

According to the Oakland County Sheriff, the individual the man pulled
over was an off-duty Waterford Township officer Monday night on a
highway in Rochester Hills.

The off-duty officer said a silver BMW with flashing red and blue lights
attempted to pull her over. When he approached her vehicle, she asked
him for his identification after he claimed to be a Detroit officer.

The suspect, Christian Mansoor, told her he needed to go back to his
vehicle to retrieve his I.D., but then sped off.

The off-duty officer followed him back to a trailer park in nearby
Shelby Township. before losing sight of him.

Deputies later found Mansoor switching license plates on the same BMW he
tried to pull over the off-duty officer with. Police say after a short
chase on foot, Mansoor was arrested.

Comment bubble
JOIN THE CONVERSATION (
0 )
He was arraigned on a misdemeanor charge of impersonating a public officer.

Conversation
3 Viewing
Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. See our
guidelines.