Suicide is the sincerest form of self-criticism. -- Donald Kaul

interests / alt.law-enforcement / WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safety jobs

SubjectAuthor
* WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for publica425couple
`* Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safetyAnthony Soprano
 +- Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement fora425couple
 `- Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement forAl Czervik

1
WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safety jobs

<ue4TL.1741027$iU59.1087989@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3320&group=alt.law-enforcement#3320

Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public
safety jobs
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:18:02 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:18 UTC

from
https://mynorthwest.com/3861088/rantz-dem-bill-english-reading-writing-requirement-public-safety-jobs/

Rantz: Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public
safety jobs

Mar 22, 2023, 6:01 PM | Updated: 6:27 pm
Democrats are close to passing a bill that strikes a requirement that
some civil service employees can read and write in English. (Photo by
Stan Lim/Digital First Media/The Press-Enterprise via Getty Images)
Share
BY JASON RANTZ
The Jason Rantz Show, 3pm-7pm on KTTH

If you think the Washington government bureaucracy is inefficient now,
wait until you experience life under Senate Bill 5274.

Democrats are close to passing a bill that strikes a requirement that
some civil service employees can read and write in English. SB 5274
ditches the English language requirement for city firefighter, police,
or sheriff’s office positions. The same is true for fish and wildlife
officer positions. The bill also extends these jobs to allow lawful
permanent residents to apply.

This latest left-wing equity push neither makes sense nor serves the
public. While Democrats pretend you don’t need to understand the English
language, it’s a necessary requirement for these positions. These jobs
primarily function around the English language.

Rantz: Homelessness agency offers ‘unlimited vacation’ after $11.8
billion budget ask

This is the equity agenda at play
Its primary sponsor, State Senator Javier Valdez (D-Seattle), argued
this bill would help expand the candidate pool for law enforcement
agencies suffering from low staffing. But to what end? If they cannot
read English as a police officer, how will they be able to understand
written policies or read information from the Mobile Data Computer
inside police vehicles? How do they prepare required reports if they
cannot write in English?

“These are folks who are forced to deliver services to our citizens
around the state. Certainly, if they’re bilingual, that’s actually
valuable. Oftentimes, they’re paid more … but to think that you can
somehow function and deliver services in our society without being able
to read or write English, I think is, again, wrongheaded,” Senate
minority leader John Braun (R-Centralia) told The Jason Rantz Show on KTTH.

This is a transparent attempt to social engineer a more diverse
workforce. Ironically, Democrat lawmakers who support this bill don’t
employ staff who cannot write or read English.

This will push unqualified candidates into roles for diversity’s sake
(and yes, you’re unqualified for these jobs if you don’t possess these
basic skills). It puts our safety at risk. These are public safety jobs.
One misunderstood policy or incorrectly completed form can harm people
or lead to a criminal’s release. Is that inevitability truly worth this
ridiculous attempt to force diversity?

Listen to the Jason Rantz Show on weekday afternoons from 3:00 p.m. –
7:00 p.m. on KTTH 770 AM (HD Radio 97.3 FM HD-Channel 3). Subscribe to
the podcast. Follow @JasonRantz on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Check back frequently for more news and analysis.

Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safety jobs

<Lz4TL.971889$t5W7.514545@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3321&group=alt.law-enforcement#3321

From: Sopr...@new_jersey.invalid (Anthony Soprano)
Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Subject: Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safety jobs
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:40:42 -0700
 by: Anthony Soprano - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:40 UTC

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:18:02 -0700, a425couple
<a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Rantz: Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public
>safety jobs

The Republicans run the House of Representatives so there is no way
this bill will pass.

Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safety jobs

<tR4TL.1756310$9sn9.509967@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3323&group=alt.law-enforcement#3323

Subject: Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for
public safety jobs
Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:59:36 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:59 UTC

On 3/23/23 15:40, Anthony Soprano wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:18:02 -0700, a425couple
> <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rantz: Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public
>> safety jobs
>
> The Republicans run the House of Representatives so there is no way
> this bill will pass.

No, sorry, I'm afraid in Washington State the Democrats have both
houses, and the Governorship.

Washington State Senate
Party As of January 2023
Democratic Party 29
Republican Party 20
Total 49

Washington House of Representatives
Party As of January 2023
Democratic Party 58
Republican Party 40
Total 98

Re: WA - Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public safety jobs

<u0797c$1h8v0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3340&group=alt.law-enforcement#3340

From: Caddysha...@gmail.com (Al Czervik)
Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
public safety jobs
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:36:27 -0700
 by: Al Czervik - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 18:36 UTC

On 3/23/2023 3:40 PM, Anthony Soprano wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:18:02 -0700, a425couple
> <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rantz: Dem bill cuts English reading and writing requirement for public
>> safety jobs
>

> The Republicans run the House of Representatives so there is no way
> this bill will pass.

If it were a national bill, we'd be lucky that we have the Republicans
to kill it before it becomes law.

Unfortunately, this is a Washington State bill where the Democrats run
the shit show from top to bottom.

Of course this will become a Washington State law.