From: he.was.b...@aol.com (He was black)
Subject: Re: New York police close to cracking decades-old murder of cop's
daughter: 'We're coming for you'
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 22:15:23 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement, alt.politics.republicans, nyc.politics,
sac.politics, talk.politics.guns
 by: He was black - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:15 UTC

On 01 Nov 2021, "13% = 6x the crimes!" <reparations@naacp.org> posted
some news:slq02t$d2f$92@news.dns-netz.com:

> Text-Drivers R Killers wrote send niggers back to Africa

Megan McDonald, the 20-year-old daughter of an NYPD detective, was beaten
to death in the backseat of her white Mercury Sable and dumped on the side
of the road in Orange County, New York, 20 years ago Wednesday.

This year, New York State Police believe they're closer than ever to an
arrest in the case.

"We're coming for you," said New York State Police (NYSP) Lieutenant Brad
Natalizio. "And we're not going to stop until justice is served for Megan
and her family, who has been suffering for 20 years."

Authorities found McDonald's vehicle at the Kensington Manor apartment
complex parking lot in Wallkill, New York, two days after they discovered
her body. A medical examiner determined her cause of death to be repeated
blunt-force trauma to the head.

ALASKA MAN ARRESTED IN COLORADO MURDER FOR SECOND TIME AFTER WITNESSES
COME FORWARD

McDonald had been a student at SUNY Orange Community College and working
as a waitress to pay for her tuition.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

MARYLAND HIGH SCHOOL GIRL'S MURDER SOLVED HALF A CENTURY LATER

NYSP is "very focused" on one suspect who knew McDonald. They believe the
20-year-old's murder was "a crime of passion" and "intimate partner
violence."

"We're getting to the point now where we see the finish line in sight,"
Natalizio told Fox News Digital.

The lieutenant feels a personal connection to the case for several
reasons. He was the same age as McDonald, grew up in Orange County, and
worked for the NYPD in 2006 before he eventually moved back upstate.

"Prior to getting promoted to investigator, when I was on patrol, I was
actually � driving around and my wife � my girlfriend at the time. She
texted me, and she asked, �Hey, do you know Megan McDonald?� And I said,
'Yeah, I've heard of her.' It's a very popular case in the Orange County
area," Natalizio recalled. "And she said, 'If you're ever promoted to
investigator, I � want you to get that case. And I want you solve that
case because I work with her mom at the hospital.' They were both�
registered nurses on the same floor. It hits home."

When Natalizio eventually began working for the NYSP, he took on
McDonald's case in 2017 and hasn't stopped digging since despite several
job changes, calling the work a "community effort" across departments,
personnel and the community.

DNA STRANDS ARE KEY IN SOLVING COLD CASE INVESTIGATIONS THROUGH GENETIC
GENEAOLOGY

Their current suspect "flew under the radar for the first several years of
the investigation because there was an original suspect that the police
and even the suspect were focused on," he explained.

Police have since been able to "confidently eliminate" that individual as
a suspect and have narrowed down their focus to the new suspect. The New
York City Detective�s Endowment Association and FBI have offered two
separate $10,000 rewards that could lead to the suspect's arrest.

In a March 12 statement posted to the Facebook group "Justice for Megan
McDonald," her family said that "as always," they stand "with the State
Police" and are "grateful for the enormous amount of support from other
agencies."

"There is nowhere this COWARD can hide from all of them," they wrote.

McDonald's father died in 2002, a year before she was killed.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about this case to call
State Police Middletown BCI at 845-344-5300. Anonymous tips may be called
into the Troop F Major Crimes confidential tip line at (845) 344-5370 or
emailed to crimetip@troopers.ny.gov

<https://news.yahoo.com/york-police-close-cracking-decades-200605387.html>