From: jdyou...@ymail.com (J D Young)
Newsgroups: memphis.general,alt.law-enforcement,sac.politics,alt.politics.democrats,soc.culture.african.american
Subject: Tyre Nichols' funeral service is held in Memphis, with Vagina Provider Harris and Racist Al Sharpton delivering remarks
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 09:54:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: J D Young - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 09:54 UTC

Tyre Nichols, whose violent arrest and subsequent death prompted
widespread grief and outrage, is being laid to rest Wednesday following
his funeral service in Memphis. Nichols died on Jan. 10, three days after
he was beaten by police at a traffic stop. Five officers were fired and
charged with second-degree murder.

Vice President Kamala Harris attended the service at Mississippi Boulevard
Christian Church, and she was called up to make brief remarks.

"We are here on behalf of the people of our country and President Joe
Biden, and we are here to celebrate the life of Tyre Nichols," Harris
said. Addressing Nichols' mother and stepfather from the pulpit, she said,
"Mrs. Wells, Mr. Wells, you have been extraordinary in terms of your
strength, your courage and your grace. And we mourn with you."

Harris continued: "This is a family that lost their son and their brother
through an act of violence, at the hands and the feet of people who had
been charged with keeping them safe. ... This violent act was not in
pursuit of public safety. It was not in the interest of keeping the public
safe, because one must ask, was it not in the interest of keeping the
public safe that Tyre Nichols would be with us here today? Was he not also
entitled to the right to be safe?"

Rev. Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy, and civil rights attorney Ben Crump
delivered what the funeral program described as a "Call for Justice."

"Why couldn't they see the humanity in Tyre?" Crump said of the officers
involved. "... We have the God-given right to say, I am a human being and
I deserve justice! Not just any justice, but equal justice."

Also attending the service, Sharpton announced, were family members of
George Floyd, Botham Jean, Breonna Taylor and Eric Garner, whose deaths in
encounters with police all made headlines in recent years.

Don't act like animals around cops and you won't have any problems.

<https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/tyre-nichols-funeral-vice-president-
kamala-al-sharpton-ben-crump-watch-live-stream-today-2023-02-01/>