Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT Afghanistan withdrawal

SubjectAuthor
* OT Afghanistan withdrawalmicky
+* OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|`* OT Afghanistan withdrawalMarilyn Manson
| `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalmicky
|  `* OT Afghanistan withdrawaltrader_4
|   +* OT Afghanistan withdrawalDean Hoffman
|   |+- OT Afghanistan withdrawalzall
|   |`* OT Afghanistan withdrawalSu Nombre
|   | `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalSnag
|   |  +* OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|   |  |`* OT Afghanistan withdrawalSnag
|   |  | `- OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|   |  `- OT Afghanistan withdrawalJim Joyce
|   +* OT Afghanistan withdrawalScott Lurndal
|   |+* OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|   ||`* OT Afghanistan withdrawalzall
|   || `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|   ||  `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalzall
|   ||   `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|   ||    `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalzall
|   ||     `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalrbowman
|   ||      `- OT Afghanistan withdrawalzall
|   |`- OT Afghanistan withdrawaltrader_4
|   `* OT Afghanistan withdrawalmicky
|    `- OT Afghanistan withdrawaltrader_4
`- OT Afghanistan withdrawalzall

Pages:12
Re: OT Afghanistan withdrawal

<aa35b12e-088a-4156-ba3e-4630e8d3075an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=32243&group=alt.home.repair#32243

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 06:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT Afghanistan withdrawal
From: trad...@optonline.net (trader_4)
 by: trader_4 - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 13:10 UTC

On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 10:17:55 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 15 Oct 2022 06:37:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
> <tra...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 6:26:31 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:

> >> Yes, thanks this is what I was talking about. It appears this wasn't
> >> known to the public until the Jan 6 hearings, is that right?
> >>
> >> It's just amazing how mnay different ways trump tried to screw up
> >> America.
> >
> >So, if Trump ordering a rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan in Dec 2020 was screwing up
> >America, why aren't you complaining about Biden screwing up American 6 months later
> >when he actually did it?
> AIUI, he was bound by the agreement that trump made.

Assuming that's true, the agreement Trump made did not specify that
the withdrawal had to be sudden, chaotic, closing US bases secretly in
the middle of the night, withdrawing US military before evacuating US
citizens and all the friendlies that had helped us. Biden had 7 months
to plan for an orderly withdrawal and to make sure it was executed correctly.
As for being bound by the agreement, Biden sure undid plenty of other
major things that Trump had done or agreed to do. If he wanted to, he could
have told the Taliban to f off, found an excuse. Fact is Biden wanted to
get out of Afghanistan as much as Trump did.

> And even if he did something wrong, everyone makes mistakes, but even
> you, as stupid as you can be when it comes to subjects like this, don't
> claim, do you?, that he tried to screw up America. That is a more than
> sufficient difference and it's the point of the very sentence you are
> replying to. In fact those are the last 3 words.

There is no evidence that Trump's alleged order to withdraw quickly from
Afghanistan was intended to screw America. It looks like he wanted to be
on record achieving one of his key promises. That was no more intended to
screw America than what Biden ACTUALY DID 8 months later.

If you weren't an
> ideologic idiot, you would have noticed this right away and not replied
> to my post at all.

Now that's a classic. That's you, not me. I have criticized both Trump and
Biden, whenever they are wrong. You are the partisan who always jumps on
Trump or Republicans, but never Biden. Did you start a thread here complaining
about the Biden withdrawal that was a disaster and actually took place?
You've never started a thread on Biden period, but you start Trump ones at
least once a week. You claim Trump's alleged withdrawal order was "to
screw America", but Biden's actual sudden, botched withdrawal 8 months
later, no complaints like that about it.

> >Never mind, I know, it's that partisan hack thing.....
> I am partisan but I'm not a hack. You just want to be an asshole.

And then throw in name calling, just because I pointed out the facts. And here
is another fact. Trump's order was never carried out. Do we know why? Could
it be that he was told it was not possible to do it safely, orderly, that he canceled
it? IDK, but I do know if this were reversed and it was Biden or another Democrat,
why then you'd be on that path or more likely just silent and not complaining.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: OT Afghanistan withdrawal