"It's when they say 2 + 2 = 5 that I begin to argue." -- Eric Pepke

interests / alt.law-enforcement / Re: Gun fondler idiocy - Number of people carrying handguns doubles in just four years

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Gun fondler idiocy - Number of people carrying handguns doublesa425couple

1
Re: Gun fondler idiocy - Number of people carrying handguns doubles in just four years

<TQ6iL.29654$Use.14761@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3221&group=alt.law-enforcement#3221

Subject: Re: Gun fondler idiocy - Number of people carrying handguns doubles
in just four years
Newsgroups: or.politics,talk.politics.guns,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 11:00:03 -0800
 by: a425couple - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 19:00 UTC

On 12/1/22 09:32, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:21:09 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
> <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote:
>
>> What's to prevent someone stabbing him in the neck, taking HIS WEAPON, a
>> weapon that shouldn't be there in the first place
>
> Why shouldn't it be there in the first place? Did you soil yourself
> when you saw it?
>
> What's to prevent someone taking a gun out of a cop's holster?
>
> What's preventing you from telling us what "reasonable gun control"
> you want?
>
> What's to prevent someone stabbing him in the neck, taking HIS WEAPON, a
> weapon that shouldn't be there in the first place, and killing everyone
> within sight?
>
> Nothing, if someone wanted to do such a thing. How convenient for such a
> devious mind. They didn't even have to provide the weapon or the ammo.

The leftists like Baxter always think they should control
all citizens to be like them!
But, many people believe in Freedom of making their own
choices of keeping themselves protected.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/11/28/number-of-people-carrying-handguns-doubles-in-just-four-years-n513890

Number of people carrying handguns doubles in just four years
JAZZ SHAW 5:31 PM on November 28, 2022

We already knew that a trend of more people seeking gun permits in the
past five years only accelerated as crime rates soared over the past two
years. The line of people waiting for permit approvals in Philadelphia
grew so long that the city was eventually sued over its failure to
process them promptly. The rates were harder to measure in other places
like Utah (where they eliminated the need for a permit), but it was
obvious that firearms were flying off the shelves. But even with all of
that information being available, I was still somewhat taken aback by a
recent report showing that the number of people routinely carrying
loaded handguns for protection had more than doubled in a four-year
period. From 2015 to 2019, the number of regularly armed citizens
swelled from three million to six million. (The Blaze)

With the rate of violent crime increasing, the number of Americans
regularly carrying a loaded handgun has spiked.

A study by the American Journal of Public Health published on Nov. 16
found that the number of Americans who carry a loaded handgun every day
has doubled in just four years. Approximately 6 million Americans packed
a gun daily in 2019 versus 3 million who did so in 2015.

“Between increases in the number of people who own handguns and the
number of people who carry every day, there has been a striking increase
in handgun carrying in the U.S.,” said lead study author Dr. Ali
Rowhani-Rahbar – a professor of epidemiology at the University of
Washington.

The numbers above cover those who carried a concealed handgun on a daily
or nearly daily basis. But the growth in those who “occasionally”
carried grew even more. The same report indicates that there were 16
million adults in the United States in 2019 who carried a handgun “in
the past month” compared to 9 million in 2015.

The same survey also revealed that the primary reason people gave for
wanting to carry a firearm had changed. Back in 1994, a majority of gun
owners said that their reason for owning a firearm was for hunting,
target shooting, or similar activities. 46% said that their firearm was
for personal protection or security. But by 2019, 73% of owners listed
protection as their primary reason.

This is something that we’ve been trying to warn people about ever since
the beginning of the BLM riots and the Defund the Police movement. Many
Americans may not feel compelled to carry a firearm if they feel safe
and secure in their homes and neighborhoods as long as the police are
keeping crime under control. But when that sense of safety is eroded or
removed, people will take matters into their own hands. It’s a primal,
natural human instinct. People will seek to assure their own safety and
that of their families. If the government can’t or won’t do it, they’ll
do it themselves.

Sometimes that impulse to ensure safety extends beyond a person’s
immediate family. We’ve already learned that so-called incidents of a
“good guy with a gun” stopping an active shooting event are on the rise.
(Even if the FBI has tried to fudge the numbers downward.) Even some
prominent liberal commentators have been warming up to the idea.

There’s something ironic about the fact that the same people who want
stronger gun control laws and to make it more difficult to lawfully
obtain a firearm were the ones who pushed a movement to defund the
police. And the result of those decreased police resources was a rise in
crime that led to a vastly larger number of lawful citizens walking
around with guns every day. Great work, liberals. Everything is coming
together nicely now.

More inflation gaslighting

Fifth Circuit to Biden on Academia bailout: Keep pounding that sand, pal

Kirby: The White House is "deeply concerned" about Paul Whelan

British Medical Journal says white supremacy causes doctor burnout

Court declares Air Force wrongly denied vax exemption requests
JAZZ SHAW 9:31 AM on December 01, 2022

KJP said what when asked about Biden visiting border with Kevin McCarthy?
KAREN TOWNSEND 8:31 AM on December 01, 2022