Fast ship? You mean you've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? -- Han Solo

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

SubjectAuthor
* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumbruce bowser
`* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumrbowman
 `* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumEd Pawlowski
  `* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumrbowman
   +* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumScott Lurndal
   |`- *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallummicky
   `* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumFrank
    `* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumrbowman
     `* *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumbruce bowser
      `- *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallumrbowman

1
*US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<3589a8e1-8ba5-4751-bcf1-afb7479a1a4dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31423&group=alt.home.repair#31423

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 13:14:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 20:14 UTC

“You know you feel terrible for people in Puerto Rico who were just hit, in Cuba who were just hit. Thank God we have better infrastructure in our country,”
[Fox News Trumper Martha] MacCallum said.

[Puerto Rico IS IN THE US]

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<jpn3llF4cubU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31443&group=alt.home.repair#31443

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 20:47:16 -0600
 by: rbowman - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 02:47 UTC

On 9/29/22 14:14, bruce bowser wrote:
> “You know you feel terrible for people in Puerto Rico who were just hit, in Cuba who were just hit. Thank God we have better infrastructure in our country,”
> [Fox News Trumper Martha] MacCallum said.
>
> [Puerto Rico IS IN THE US]

No, brucie, Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the United States but
since it isn't a state it can hardly be in the United States.

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<tpCZK.704981$BKL8.544312@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31455&group=alt.home.repair#31455

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:44:56 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:44 UTC

On 9/29/2022 10:47 PM, rbowman wrote:
> On 9/29/22 14:14, bruce bowser wrote:
>> “You know you feel terrible for people in Puerto Rico who were just
>> hit, in Cuba who were just hit. Thank God we have better
>> infrastructure in our country,”
>> [Fox News Trumper Martha] MacCallum said.
>>
>> [Puerto Rico IS IN THE US]
>
> No, brucie, Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the United States but
> since it isn't a state it can hardly be in the United States.

The Corps of Engineers can do amazing things. Maybe they can winch it
in and park it next to Florida.

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<jpohmsFb64fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31464&group=alt.home.repair#31464

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:52:58 -0600
 by: rbowman - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:52 UTC

On 9/30/22 07:44, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/29/2022 10:47 PM, rbowman wrote:
>> On 9/29/22 14:14, bruce bowser wrote:
>>> “You know you feel terrible for people in Puerto Rico who were just
>>> hit, in Cuba who were just hit. Thank God we have better
>>> infrastructure in our country,”
>>> [Fox News Trumper Martha] MacCallum said.
>>>
>>> [Puerto Rico IS IN THE US]
>>
>> No, brucie, Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the United States but
>> since it isn't a state it can hardly be in the United States.
>
> The Corps of Engineers can do amazing things.  Maybe they can winch it
> in and park it next to Florida.

No, farther north. I haven't kept current but at one time there were
more PR's in NYC than in Puerto Rico. AOC is their representative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSKk-cvblc

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<JFEZK.240995$PRW4.61712@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31467&group=alt.home.repair#31467

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:18:49 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:18 UTC

rbowman <bowman@montana.com> writes:
>On 9/30/22 07:44, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> No, brucie, Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the United States but
>>> since it isn't a state it can hardly be in the United States.
>>
>> The Corps of Engineers can do amazing things.  Maybe they can winch it
>> in and park it next to Florida.
>
>No, farther north. I haven't kept current but at one time there were
>more PR's in NYC than in Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rican's are citizens of the United States. They can live
anywhere they want.

What, exactly is your point?

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<th763h$122h6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31469&group=alt.home.repair#31469

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 12:39:12 -0400
 by: Frank - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:39 UTC

On 9/30/2022 11:52 AM, rbowman wrote:
> On 9/30/22 07:44, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> No, brucie, Puerto Rico is a territory owned by the United States but
>>> since it isn't a state it can hardly be in the United States.
>>
>> The Corps of Engineers can do amazing things.  Maybe they can winch it
>> in and park it next to Florida.
>
> No, farther north. I haven't kept current but at one time there were
> more PR's in NYC than in Puerto Rico. AOC is their representative.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSKk-cvblc

I had PR next door neighbors for a few years who moved yhree years ago.
They would jump back and forth from PR to the US all the time which many
do. His father was actually born in New York but he was born in PR.
Pharmaceutical business where wife, the bread winner worked, moved to US
as did they. Apparently PR was quite prosperous until Clinton era
ruling made it bad for businesses there and many moved out to places
like China. Neighbor said rich people did not need to leave and poor
people could not afford to leave and middle class was coming to live in
the US. Sounds like California today.

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<dqlejhdku3a9m9g6g6qvnjepapafu3cupq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31478&group=alt.home.repair#31478

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:00:26 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 21:00 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:18:49 GMT,
scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

>rbowman <bowman@montana.com> writes:

>>> The Corps of Engineers can do amazing things.  Maybe they can winch it
>>> in and park it next to Florida.
>>
>>No, farther north. I haven't kept current but at one time there were
>>more PR's in NYC than in Puerto Rico.

NO there were not. You were not current then either. More than in
San Juan maybe, whose population is only 400,000. NYC's population is
over 8 million.

>Puerto Rican's are citizens of the United States. They can live
>anywhere they want.

Right.

>What, exactly is your point?

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<jppm17FgfofU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31489&group=alt.home.repair#31489

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 20:12:54 -0600
 by: rbowman - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 02:12 UTC

On 9/30/22 10:39, Frank wrote:
> On 9/30/2022 11:52 AM, rbowman wrote:

>>> The Corps of Engineers can do amazing things.  Maybe they can winch
>>> it in and park it next to Florida.
>>
>> No, farther north. I haven't kept current but at one time there were
>> more PR's in NYC than in Puerto Rico. AOC is their representative.
>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSKk-cvblc
>

> I had PR next door neighbors for a few years who moved yhree years ago.
> They would jump back and forth from PR to the US all the time which many
> do.  His father was actually born in New York but he was born in PR.
> Pharmaceutical business where wife, the bread winner worked, moved to US
> as did they.  Apparently PR was quite prosperous until Clinton era
> ruling made it bad for businesses there and many moved out to places
> like China.  Neighbor said rich people did not need to leave and poor
> people could not afford to leave and middle class was coming to live in
> the US.  Sounds like California today.

In the '70s I knew a stewardess who often worked the NYC to San Juan
route. She said it was interesting. Not interesting like what goes on
today but the return from San Juan tended to have a lot of shopping bags
full of goodies. It was really a commuter run and iirc the fare was dirt
cheap.

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<fe2160ae-a9a3-4aa0-8f31-da4f90983a58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31575&group=alt.home.repair#31575

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 00:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 07:20 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 10:13:04 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
> On 9/30/22 10:39, Frank wrote:

> >> No, farther north. I haven't kept current but at one time there were
> >> more PR's in NYC than in Puerto Rico. AOC is their representative.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSKk-cvblc
> >
> > I had PR next door neighbors for a few years who moved yhree years ago.
> > They would jump back and forth from PR to the US all the time which many
> > do. His father was actually born in New York but he was born in PR.
> > Pharmaceutical business where wife, the bread winner worked, moved to US
> > as did they. Apparently PR was quite prosperous until Clinton era
> > ruling made it bad for businesses there and many moved out to places
> > like China. Neighbor said rich people did not need to leave and poor
> > people could not afford to leave and middle class was coming to live in
> > the US. Sounds like California today.
>
> In the '70s I knew a stewardess who often worked the NYC to San Juan
> route. She said it was interesting. Not interesting like what goes on
> today but the return from San Juan tended to have a lot of shopping bags
> full of goodies. It was really a commuter run and iirc the fare was dirt
> cheap.

I hear that's quite a ways. Puerto Rico is just slightly closer to the shores of Venezuela, right?

Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum

<jpu7d9F7brjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=31600&group=alt.home.repair#31600

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 13:33:59 -0600
 by: rbowman - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:33 UTC

On 10/2/22 01:20, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 10:13:04 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

>>> I had PR next door neighbors for a few years who moved yhree years ago.
>>> They would jump back and forth from PR to the US all the time which many
>>> do. His father was actually born in New York but he was born in PR.
>>> Pharmaceutical business where wife, the bread winner worked, moved to US
>>> as did they. Apparently PR was quite prosperous until Clinton era
>>> ruling made it bad for businesses there and many moved out to places
>>> like China. Neighbor said rich people did not need to leave and poor
>>> people could not afford to leave and middle class was coming to live in
>>> the US. Sounds like California today.
>>
>> In the '70s I knew a stewardess who often worked the NYC to San Juan
>> route. She said it was interesting. Not interesting like what goes on
>> today but the return from San Juan tended to have a lot of shopping bags
>> full of goodies. It was really a commuter run and iirc the fare was dirt
>> cheap.
>
> I hear that's quite a ways. Puerto Rico is just slightly closer to the shores of Venezuela, right?

Even Venezuelans don't want to go to Venezuela.

https://www.loc.gov/classroom-materials/immigration/puerto-rican-cuban/migrating-to-a-new-land/

What I don't understand is why NYC? Miami would make more sense and that
would have been before the influx of Cubans.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: *US Better Than Puerto Rico* Says Trumper Martha MacCallum