What is now proved was once only imagin'd. -- William Blake

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

SubjectAuthor
* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Jim Joyce
+* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)hubops
|+- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)micky
|+- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Ed Pawlowski
|`- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)rbowman
+* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Dean Hoffman
|`* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Scott Lurndal
| +* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Ed Pawlowski
| |`* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Scott Lurndal
| | `- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Bob F
| `* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Dean Hoffman
|  `* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Snag
|   `- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)rbowman
`* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)micky
 +* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)micky
 |`* red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Jim Joyce
 | `- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)Scott Lurndal
 `- red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)micky

1
Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<57isghd391a58o9bodrlivs13c7567ek83@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30129&group=alt.home.repair#30129

From: non...@none.invalid (Jim Joyce)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500
 by: Jim Joyce - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:37 UTC

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
<bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:

>Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html

I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.

They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
human contact.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<nnvsgh9b2uj4hsb8op7vbbetior1d144um@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30136&group=alt.home.repair#30136

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:21:28 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:21 UTC

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
><bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>
>I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>
>They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>human contact.

Trump will be there soon .. not to help .. but
to ask for donations ...
John T.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<cf0tghlp35gsjba27brugiml7ah3ioa2lb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30138&group=alt.home.repair#30138

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:34:14 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:34 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:21:28 -0400,
hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>><bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>>Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>>-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>>
>>I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>>water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>>no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>>straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>>flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>
>>They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>>human contact.
>>

> Trump will be there soon .. not to help .. but
>to ask for donations ...
> John T.

LOL.

What happens if you go to the ironically named Truth Social and post a
criticism of trump?

For example, I really like and admire him, but I wish he wouldn't lie so
much.

I don't want to try it if I won't stay there, because he'll count me as
a unique visitor.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<mswPK.12602$wLZ8.10780@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30143&group=alt.home.repair#30143

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 18:47:45 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:47 UTC

On 8/30/2022 5:21 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>> Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>> -- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>>
>> I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>> water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>> no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>> straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>> flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>
>> They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>> human contact.
>>

> Trump will be there soon .. not to help .. but
> to ask for donations ...
> John T.

It is a business opportunity. Bring back Trump Ice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Ice

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<jn7m85Fj51lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30144&group=alt.home.repair#30144

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 17:53:36 -0600
 by: rbowman - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 23:53 UTC

On 08/30/2022 03:21 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> <bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>> Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>> -- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>>
>> I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>> water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>> no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>> straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>> flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>
>> They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>> human contact.
>>

> Trump will be there soon .. not to help .. but
> to ask for donations ...
> John T.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokwe_Lumumba
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokwe_Antar_Lumumba

80% black with a mayoral dynasty that named itself after Patrice
Lumumba? Trump ain't that dumb.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<18486b65-a3f7-473a-ad71-ec84fad5f1ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30196&group=alt.home.repair#30196

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 06:13:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 13:13 UTC

On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> <bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
> >Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
> >-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
> I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
> water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
> no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
> straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
> flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>
> They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
> human contact.

A radio commentator said the schools are closed because of it. That's a shame. Kids have
enough problems.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<FR2QK.2267$chF5.1818@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30197&group=alt.home.repair#30197

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 13:55:49 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 13:55 UTC

Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> writes:
>On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> <bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>> >Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>> >-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>> I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>> water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>> no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>> straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>> flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>
>> They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>> human contact.
>
> A radio commentator said the schools are closed because of it. That's a shame. Kids have
>enough problems.

It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.

https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<UQ3QK.1892$R_o7.690@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30199&group=alt.home.repair#30199

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:03:15 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:03 UTC

On 9/1/2022 9:55 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:

>>> I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>>> water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>>> no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>>> straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>>> flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>>
>>> They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>>> human contact.
>>
>> A radio commentator said the schools are closed because of it. That's a shame. Kids have
>> enough problems.
>
> It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.
>
> https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/

Could be your city next. One of the problems is the people. Every time
a utility wants to increase prices there is a big uprising that we can't
afford to pay more. Utilities need money to upgrade and maintain.

The electric grid is being stretched, water facilities and piping is
often very old, but I can't see it so I don't want to pay more. Jackson
supposedly should spend a Billion to upgrade. Do the math among 430,000
people. $2400 each. or $9600 for a family of four.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<s44QK.275$w35c.1@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30200&group=alt.home.repair#30200

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:19:52 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:19 UTC

Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> writes:
>On 9/1/2022 9:55 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Dean Hoffman <deanh6929@gmail.com> writes:

>>> A radio commentator said the schools are closed because of it. That's a shame. Kids have
>>> enough problems.
>>
>> It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.
>>
>> https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/
>
>Could be your city next. One of the problems is the people. Every time
>a utility wants to increase prices there is a big uprising that we can't
>afford to pay more. Utilities need money to upgrade and maintain.
>
>The electric grid is being stretched, water facilities and piping is
>often very old, but I can't see it so I don't want to pay more. Jackson
>supposedly should spend a Billion to upgrade. Do the math among 430,000
>people. $2400 each. or $9600 for a family of four.

In a town where 25% of its citizens are in poverty and the median
household income is $40,000/yr. Anyone with money left years
ago.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<484bf6b6-8174-4f09-8064-5048d188e2c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30211&group=alt.home.repair#30211

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:10:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: deanh6...@gmail.com (Dean Hoffman)
 by: Dean Hoffman - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:10 UTC

On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:55:56 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> writes:
> >On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 12:37:26 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:

> >> I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
> >> water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
> >> no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
> >> straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
> >> flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
> >>
> >> They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
> >> human contact.
> >
> > A radio commentator said the schools are closed because of it. That's a shame. Kids have
> >enough problems.
> It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.
>
> https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/

Jackson needs $200 million to fix its water system and the state has budgeted only
$75 million for the whole state.
Would it be too cynical to ask where the governor lives?

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<8912hhlb1jm795ssabu4r9a264jcl951dn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30212&group=alt.home.repair#30212

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:20:41 -0400
 by: micky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:20 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce
<none@none.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
><bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>
>I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>
>They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>human contact.

Now they're saying you can shower, but keep your mouth closed. That
would not be hard to do.

And to boil the water before.... cooking with it?

Why do they have to close the schools, instead of just turning off or
covering the water fountains? if kids have water to drink at home,
can't they bring some with them? Power shortage so AC not working?

BTW, eleswhere, California?, where it's hot but there is no water
treatment issue, I heard someone on the radio say "your mother should be
keeping bottled water with her". . Instead of "a bottle of water".
People have really bought into the bottle water nonnense.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<f422hh97e25haeturbrr8dcdg0d3rk180g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30213&group=alt.home.repair#30213

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:37:58 -0400
 by: micky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:37 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:20:41 -0400, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce
><none@none.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>><bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>>Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>>-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>>
>>I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>>water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>>no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>>straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>>flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>
>>They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>>human contact.
>
>Now they're saying you can shower, but keep your mouth closed. That
>would not be hard to do.
>
>And to boil the water before.... cooking with it?
>
>Why do they have to close the schools, instead of just turning off or
>covering the water fountains? if kids have water to drink at home,
>can't they bring some with them? Power shortage so AC not working?

I just came across a statement by Jackson schools that said "the
overwhelming majority of our schools still have low or no water
pressure, Additionally, we have several schools whose air conditioning
system depends on water to run effectively." and those were the reasons.

Schools built with interior rooms with no windows need AC for the
interior rooms, but what about meeting outside. It usually doesn't
feel as hot outside.

Why can' tthey bring their own water?

It also says "Therefore, beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, August 30, ALL JPS
schools will shift to virtual learning. There will not be in-person
learning. Families without devices can pick them up tomorrow at each of
our schools from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
We also will serve breakfast at each school site from 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Locations will be announced
tomorrow morning after schools are accessed for suitable water pressure
for meal preparation."
So they're going to have virtual learning but kids who need to eat the
schools food will have to go to a some other location twice a day?

Why can't everyone go to those locations, open the windows or have class
outside. Thirst is not contagious.

>BTW, eleswhere, California?, where it's hot but there is no water
>treatment issue, I heard someone on the radio say "your mother should be
>keeping bottled water with her". . Instead of "a bottle of water".
>People have really bought into the bottle water nonnense.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<7342hh1st5bik0b4d76a8b9ggjcr437khe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30214&group=alt.home.repair#30214

From: non...@none.invalid (Jim Joyce)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:09:49 -0500
 by: Jim Joyce - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:09 UTC

On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:37:58 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
wrote:

>I just came across a statement by Jackson schools that said "the
>overwhelming majority of our schools still have low or no water
>pressure, Additionally, we have several schools whose air conditioning
>system depends on water to run effectively." and those were the reasons.
>
>Schools built with interior rooms with no windows need AC for the
>interior rooms, but what about meeting outside. It usually doesn't
>feel as hot outside.

Have you spent much time in Mississippi in the summer? Daytime temps
have been in the 90's with high RH, so it feels like 100-110 degrees. It
would be hard to get kids to focus.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<jt9QK.67821$SAT4.50605@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30215&group=alt.home.repair#30215

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 21:27:43 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:27 UTC

Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid> writes:
>On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:37:58 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I just came across a statement by Jackson schools that said "the
>>overwhelming majority of our schools still have low or no water
>>pressure, Additionally, we have several schools whose air conditioning
>>system depends on water to run effectively." and those were the reasons.
>>
>>Schools built with interior rooms with no windows need AC for the
>>interior rooms, but what about meeting outside. It usually doesn't
>>feel as hot outside.
>
>Have you spent much time in Mississippi in the summer? Daytime temps
>have been in the 90's with high RH, so it feels like 100-110 degrees. It
>would be hard to get kids to focus.

Not to mention, without water, the schools would need outhouses/portapotties.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<ter881$29m30$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30216&group=alt.home.repair#30216

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 14:29:37 -0700
 by: Bob F - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:29 UTC

On 9/1/2022 8:19 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> writes:

>>> It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.
>>>
>>> https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/
>>
>> Could be your city next. One of the problems is the people. Every time
>> a utility wants to increase prices there is a big uprising that we can't
>> afford to pay more. Utilities need money to upgrade and maintain.
>>
>> The electric grid is being stretched, water facilities and piping is
>> often very old, but I can't see it so I don't want to pay more. Jackson
>> supposedly should spend a Billion to upgrade. Do the math among 430,000
>> people. $2400 each. or $9600 for a family of four.
>
> In a town where 25% of its citizens are in poverty and the median
> household income is $40,000/yr. Anyone with money left years
> ago.

And the Repub legislature vetoed allowing Jackson to raise their sales
tax by 1% to help finance needed repairs.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<3R9QK.106219$PRW4.15072@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30217&group=alt.home.repair#30217

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:53:12 -0500
 by: Snag - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:53 UTC

On 9/1/2022 2:10 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
> On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 8:55:56 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> Dean Hoffman <dean...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> A radio commentator said the schools are closed because of it. That's a shame. Kids have
>>> enough problems.
>> It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.
>>
>> https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/
>
> Jackson needs $200 million to fix its water system and the state has budgeted only
> $75 million for the whole state.
> Would it be too cynical to ask where the governor lives?

You can bet your sweet ass it ain't Jackson ! That place has been a
shithole for decades .
--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<48e2hhpcoj2m1o0cjgth3tcsib9k9t5pc0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30219&group=alt.home.repair#30219

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 18:59:56 -0400
 by: micky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 22:59 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:20:41 -0400, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:37:19 -0500, Jim Joyce
><none@none.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:53:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>><bruce2bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Jackson To Lose Running Water For Unknown Amount of Time: Mississippi Governor
>>>Yahoo News - Aug 29, 2022
>>>-- https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jackson-lose-running-water-unknown-015144270.html
>>
>>I'm in Mississippi and the way they're reporting it here is that the
>>water treatment plant at Jackson is not currently operating, and there's
>>no timetable for bringing it back online, so the water is coming
>>straight from the reservoir, which in turn is being fed by the currently
>>flooded rivers, especially the Pearl River.
>>
>>They say if you open a tap, there's water available, but it's unsafe for
>>human contact.
>
>Now they're saying you can shower, but keep your mouth closed. That
>would not be hard to do.
>
>And to boil the water before.... cooking with it?
>
>Why do they have to close the schools, instead of just turning off or
>covering the water fountains? if kids have water to drink at home,
>can't they bring some with them? Power shortage so AC not working?

I forgot about the toilets.

>BTW, eleswhere, California?, where it's hot but there is no water
>treatment issue, I heard someone on the radio say "your mother should be
>keeping bottled water with her". . Instead of "a bottle of water".
>People have really bought into the bottle water nonnense.

Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)

<jndgarFgf9iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=30228&group=alt.home.repair#30228

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 22:49:26 -0600
 by: rbowman - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 04:49 UTC

On 09/01/2022 03:53 PM, Snag wrote:
> On 9/1/2022 2:10 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

>>> It is a problem that didn't need to be a problem.
>>>
>>> https://time.com/6209710/jackson-mississippi-water-crisis/
>>
>> Jackson needs $200 million to fix its water system and the state
>> has budgeted only
>> $75 million for the whole state.
>> Would it be too cynical to ask where the governor lives?
>>

> You can bet your sweet ass it ain't Jackson ! That place has been a
> shithole for decades .

I guess he has to commute to work but Reeves sure would stand out in
Jackson. When you've got a mayor (actually the son now) who renamed
himself after Patrice Lumumbu the city tends to resemble the DRC.

interests / alt.home.repair / Re: red state city loses water system (Jackson MS)