From: zin...@reno.us (zinn)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,soc.women,alt.law-enforcement,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics,alt.abortion
Subject: 'Perfect If You Want Sex Trafficking': California Takes Possible First Step Toward Legalizing Prostitution
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:22:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: zinn - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:22 UTC

The Democrat-controlled California State Legislature on Monday sent a bill
to Gov. Gavin Newsom (D.) that will prevent law enforcement from arresting
individuals suspected of prostitution.

The bill will eliminate the charge of "loitering with the intent to engage
in prostitution," the Associated Press reported Monday. Supporters say
loitering-for-prostitution arrests disproportionately affect black,
Hispanic, and transgender people. While both chambers of the legislature
passed the bill last year, the bill's sponsor, Democratic state senator
Scott Wiener, said he waited until Pride Month to send the measure to
Newsom's desk.

California's move to stop cops from combatting prostitution comes as
leaders across the state struggle to address rising crime rates. Homicides
in Los Angeles are on track to top last year's all-time high, the Los
Angeles Times reported last month. Angelenos' fears about rising crime
have helped the mayoral campaign of Rick Caruso, a tough-on-crime former
Republican. Voters in deep-blue San Francisco, meanwhile, ousted soft-on-
crime District Attorney Chesa Boudin, who supports the pro-prostitution
bill.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department opposes the bill, which it
says would hinder the ability of police to fight human trafficking and
assist victims of abuse.

The bill will "benefit sex buyers," the sheriff's department said.

Other opponents of the bill include the National Center on Sexual
Exploitation and the California Family Council.

The bill is "perfect if you want sex trafficking to even increase in
California," said California Family Council spokesman Greg Burt, who fears
it's part of an effort to legalize prostitution in the Golden State.

Wiener has a history of introducing bills to liberalize laws on sex
crimes. He has led efforts to lessen legal penalties for individuals who
knowingly give HIV to sexual partners and for gay pedophiles.

Some of Wiener's Democratic colleagues do not want to be affiliated with
his bills. "More than two dozen of his fellow Democrats in the Assembly
and Senate either voted no or declined to vote" on the prostitution bill,
the AP reported.

Wiener did not respond to a request for comment.

Published under: California, Gavin Newsom, Prostitution, Sex Trafficking

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/perfect-if-you-want-sex-trafficking-
california-takes-possible-first-step-toward-legalizing-prostitution/

Re: 'Perfect If You Want Sex Trafficking': California Takes Possible First Step Toward Legalizing Prostitution

<3nubghdesnde9e5sdhstnidkr33tnk68ll@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2948&group=alt.law-enforcement#2948

From: Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,soc.women,alt.law-enforcement,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics,alt.abortion
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 06:19:01 -0400
 by: Attila - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:19 UTC

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:22:00 -0000 (UTC), zinn
<zinn@reno.us> in alt.abortion with message-id
<XnsAEFD18135CDC6N20@0.0.0.2> wrote:

>The Democrat-controlled California State Legislature on Monday sent a bill
>to Gov. Gavin Newsom (D.) that will prevent law enforcement from arresting
>individuals suspected of prostitution.
>
>The bill will eliminate the charge of "loitering with the intent to engage
>in prostitution," the Associated Press reported Monday. Supporters say
>loitering-for-prostitution arrests disproportionately affect black,
>Hispanic, and transgender people. While both chambers of the legislature
>passed the bill last year, the bill's sponsor, Democratic state senator
>Scott Wiener, said he waited until Pride Month to send the measure to
>Newsom's desk.
>
>California's move to stop cops from combatting prostitution comes as
>leaders across the state struggle to address rising crime rates. Homicides
>in Los Angeles are on track to top last year's all-time high, the Los
>Angeles Times reported last month. Angelenos' fears about rising crime
>have helped the mayoral campaign of Rick Caruso, a tough-on-crime former
>Republican. Voters in deep-blue San Francisco, meanwhile, ousted soft-on-
>crime District Attorney Chesa Boudin, who supports the pro-prostitution
>bill.
>
>The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department opposes the bill, which it
>says would hinder the ability of police to fight human trafficking and
>assist victims of abuse.
>
>The bill will "benefit sex buyers," the sheriff's department said.
>
>Other opponents of the bill include the National Center on Sexual
>Exploitation and the California Family Council.
>
>The bill is "perfect if you want sex trafficking to even increase in
>California," said California Family Council spokesman Greg Burt, who fears
>it's part of an effort to legalize prostitution in the Golden State.
>
>Wiener has a history of introducing bills to liberalize laws on sex
>crimes. He has led efforts to lessen legal penalties for individuals who
>knowingly give HIV to sexual partners and for gay pedophiles.
>
>Some of Wiener's Democratic colleagues do not want to be affiliated with
>his bills. "More than two dozen of his fellow Democrats in the Assembly
>and Senate either voted no or declined to vote" on the prostitution bill,
>the AP reported.
>
>Wiener did not respond to a request for comment.
>
>Published under: California, Gavin Newsom, Prostitution, Sex Trafficking
>
>https://freebeacon.com/democrats/perfect-if-you-want-sex-trafficking-
>california-takes-possible-first-step-toward-legalizing-prostitution/

Did the last sane person leaving California remember to turn
off the lights?

--

Some of the Republican positions I find disgusting and abhorrent.
Most of the Democratic positions I find terrifying.

Whatever it takes - Stop the Democrats.

The most dangerious enemies the United States has:

Biden the Senile Bastard and his Two Bitches and
supported by the Sluts and Pimps including
Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman,
Cori Bush, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Jerry Nadler,
and Cory Booker. They have stepped over the line
and are working against the country and
what it stands for.

Stop the Green Raw Deal!

I dare call it treason.

Do not work with them but oppose everything they attempt.

Abortion should be like any other medical procedure
and be the decision of the patient and the doctor.
It is the business of no one else.

I support a Pro-Choice Constitutional Amendment.