Subject: Re: Klaun's "hellhole" propaganda - Seattle downtown beset with crime
Newsgroups: or.politics,talk.politics.guns,seattle.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 16:33:21 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 23:33 UTC

On 09/16/2022 11:53 AM, Baxter wrote:
> Why Are Rich People So Obsessed With Proving US Cities Are Dystopian
> Hellholes?
>
> Right-wing pundits, landlords, and tech executives all believe they can
> prove we are amid a crime wave with just one more video.
>
> The reality, however, couldn’t be more different: There are few, if any,
> cities that have actually attempted to defund police budgets or loosen
> punitive punishments, and crime is not on the rise nationwide or even in
> cities. Liberal political campaigns only gestured towards defunding the
> police, ---

What total nonsense.

In Seattle the City Council voted to cut the police budget,
and very specifically targeted the Police Chief's pay.
So she, the city's first black female Chief, quit.

The City Council's intentions were so clear, that their
police are rapidly leaving on their own. City leaders
are trying many new efforts to hire more, but failing as
retirements and departures continue far faster than any
hiring.

The "punitive punishments" had been so decreased that the
citizens rebelled and elected a Republican as City Attourney.
Many downtown retail shops have decided to close

In Seattle

The Seattle Times
Seattle’s awful August shows the city continues to backslide on crime
Aug 31

Seattle police continue to see alarming rise in homicides, gun violence
KIRO Seattle
14 days ago
Local coverage

The Seattle Times
Man killed in North Seattle shooting, city’s 4th homicide in 5 days
Aug 30

Fox News
Seattle homicides rose precipitously in 2020 as liberal leaders demanded
police be defunded
Aug 19

In Tacoma:

FOX 13 Seattle
Now there have been 36 homicides in Tacoma this year, a new record for
the city.
3 hours ago

FOX 13 Seattle
Tacoma sees back-to-back years of record number of homicides
10 days ago

Tacoma News Tribune
Tacoma has had more killings in 2022 than any year in the past four decades
8 days ago

KING5.com
KING5.com
Tacoma homicide rate on historic pace | king5.com
11 days ago

Tacoma News Tribune
Homicides increased in WA state in 2021. What about in Tacoma and Pierce
County?
Jul 21

Tacoma News Tribune
Crime stats: At 36 homicides, Pierce County on track for a record year
of violence
May 2