It's hard not to like a man of many qualities, even if most of them are bad.

interests / alt.law-enforcement / Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

SubjectAuthor
* FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizensa425couple
`* Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by CitizensBaxter
 +- Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by CitizensKlaus Schadenfreude
 `- Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by CitizensScout

1
FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

<GpznK.34942$W3d4.9419@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2738&group=alt.law-enforcement#2738

Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,or.politics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 20:15:54 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 03:15 UTC

from
https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/26/fbi-reveals-how-many-active-shooters-were-stopped-by-citizens/

FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens
Harold Hutchison / May 26, 2022

Citizens stopped six active shooters in 2021, according to a report by
the FBI. (Photo Illustration: Dejan Markovic/EyeEm/Getty Images)
The FBI announced Monday that citizens stopped six active shooters in
2021, according to a report on active shooting incidents.

Citizens stopped six active shooters, whom the FBI defines as “one or
more individuals actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill
people in a populated area,” in 2021, killing four of them, according to
the report “Active Shooter Incidents In The United States In 2021.”
There were 61 active shooter incidents in 2021, 12 of which met the
FBI’s criteria for a “mass killing,” up from 40 the previous year.

dailycallerlogo
“The active aspect of the definition inherently implies the ongoing
nature of an incident, and thus the potential for the response to affect
the outcome, whereas a mass killing is defined as three or more killings
in a single incident,” the FBI said in a Monday release.

In one incident, armed employees at the Jefferson Gun Outlet in
Metairie, Louisiana, returned fire after an active shooter killed two
people and injured two others on Feb. 20, 2021, the report said.

Citizens detained an active shooter in the Gaslamp Quarter of San Diego
on April 22, 2021, according to the report. In Rigby, Idaho, a middle
school teacher disarmed a 12-year-old female student who was firing a
handgun on May 6, 2021, at a middle school.

An armed citizen killed an active shooter in an incident outside the
Three Corners Townhouses in Fort Smith, Arkansas, on May 15, 2021, the
report said.

An active shooter killed two people and wounded another on Oct. 21,
2021, before an armed employee fatally shot the shooter at Agrex
Elevator in Superior, Nebraska, the report said.

The FBI report noted that 14 active shooters were killed by law
enforcement, 11 committed suicide, 30 were taken into custody, one was
killed in a car crash, and one was still at large.

------------
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without
charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience.
For licensing opportunities for this original content, email
licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Have an opinion about this article? To sound off, please email
letters@DailySignal.com and we’ll consider publishing your edited
remarks in our regular “We Hear You” feature. Remember to include the
url or headline of the article plus your name and town and/or state.

The Daily Signal depends on the support of readers like you. Donate now

Harold Hutchison
Harold Hutchison is a contributor to The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

<t7nq9s$9st$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2739&group=alt.law-enforcement#2739

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,or.politics
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 15:19:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 15:19 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

> from
> https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/26/fbi-reveals-how-many-active-shoo
> ters-were-stopped-by-citizens/
>
> FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens
> Harold Hutchison / May 26, 2022
>
> Citizens stopped six active shooters in 2021, according to a report by
> the FBI. (Photo Illustration: Dejan Markovic/EyeEm/Getty Images)

6! Out of 61 for 2021. That's not quite 10%

Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

<7tru9hlo05rammgh759niacf9cmooqqj64@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2740&group=alt.law-enforcement#2740

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,or.politics
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 08:33:07 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 15:33 UTC

On Tue, 7 Jun 2022 15:19:24 -0000 (UTC), Baxter
<bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote:

>a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> from
>> https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/26/fbi-reveals-how-many-active-shoo
>> ters-were-stopped-by-citizens/
>>
>> FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens
>> Harold Hutchison / May 26, 2022
>>
>> Citizens stopped six active shooters in 2021, according to a report by
>> the FBI. (Photo Illustration: Dejan Markovic/EyeEm/Getty Images)
>
>6! Out of 61 for 2021. That's not quite 10%

Thanks for proving that we need more open carry!

Re: FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

<t88fkf$uba$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2746&group=alt.law-enforcement#2746

From: me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,or.politics
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 18:47:45 -0400
 by: Scout - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 22:47 UTC

"Baxter" <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> from
>> https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/26/fbi-reveals-how-many-active-shoo
>> ters-were-stopped-by-citizens/
>>
>> FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens
>> Harold Hutchison / May 26, 2022
>>
>> Citizens stopped six active shooters in 2021, according to a report by
>> the FBI. (Photo Illustration: Dejan Markovic/EyeEm/Getty Images)
>
> 6! Out of 61 for 2021. That's not quite 10%

Yep. and in almost 10% of the cases.. good people with legal guns HALTED the
bad guy and saved lives.

I mean you do want lives to be saved, right?

Meanwhile I will simply note that as shown in the VPI shoots and again
recently in text, the time it takes for someone who is armed to confront and
deal with the active shoots is counted in lives lost.

You do want to save lives, right?