Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: a Quora on killings, perhaps worth a real read.
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:47:42 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 02:47 UTC

Another Quora -

Profile photo for Heather Anderson
Heather Anderson
Masters in Psychology, University of Minnesota - Twin CitiesMay 28
In America, what is the ratio of a black person killing a white person
vs. A white person killing a black person?
The answer to this question is not ideological, but statistical. I will
refrain from using any opinions. It is simple math based on these
statistics:

Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
Murder Race, Sex, and Ethnicity of Victim by Race, Sex, and Ethnicity of
Offender, 2019 [Single victim/single offender]
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6.xls

It says that in 2019, Whites killed 246 Blacks, and Blacks killed 566
Whites. But it is not 1:2. Because we are talking about rates, we must
use per capita statistics. This means we have to take into account
population differences between demographics.

In 2019, 14.2% of the population was Black (including Black hispanics
and Black mulitracial persons), and 80% of the population was White
(these include Hispanic Whites). [1] [2] [3]

I use the populations with Hispanics, because that is what the FBI crime
statistics use. Without them, it would be about 13% Black and 70% (not
exact) White in 2019. Note that how people are identifying has changed
recently with the census, and people who are multiracial are starting to
change how they identify. One reason for this is that non-Whites get
certain benefits (such as affirmative action, diversity hiring, and even
government loans for non-Whites have been attempted recently in the wake
of covid).

The total population in 2019 was about 329,000,000.

So now, to get the rate, we take 14.2% of this number and 80% of this
number, and create a fraction. The Black population was about
48,000,000. The White population was about 263,000,000 So here we have
White/Black at about 1/5.5.

From here, we go back up and see that White-on-Black homicides were
246, and Black-on-White homicides were 566. Here the ratio is 1/2.3

So, when you combine the population (per capita) ratios and the homicide
numbers, we are left with the rate of:

1/12.65

This is the rate.

To see this rate in an example, per capita, for every 10 Blacks killed
by Whites in the USA, there are 126 Whites killed by Blacks.

~Post copied with permission from a friend, Tom T.

Footnotes

[1] Facts About the U.S. Black Population
[2] United States - White Population Percentage by State
[3]
https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/decennial/2020/data/redistricting-supplementary-tables/redistricting-supplementary-table-01.pdf
49 views3 upvotes3 shares1 comment
9.7K viewsView 132 upvotesView 1 share