Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 18:38:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Maytag dishwasher not complete draining
From: harri85...@aol.com (Joe)
 by: Joe - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:38 UTC

I rarely use the dishwasher, but i do on occasion just so to keep it active.. Never had put dirty dish's in it for fear of clogging, so when i do use it I set for Pots and Pans, and Normal wash.In such cases, after the washer shuts off, I notice some water near the drain that did not completely drained. The manual says to set it to Normal wash, wait 35 seconds than it should drain. First I find that instruction to turn on Normal wash an oxmoron...by setting it there, you can hear the water running again..so your adding more 'fuel' to the 'fire'. I know for a fact that it is not clogged by food, cause that is the one thing i made sure of not to add uneaten food scraps to it. Open to Any suggestions, please.

Re: Maytag dishwasher not complete draining

<7VNwK.360092$70j.117793@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27107&group=alt.home.repair#27107

Subject: Re: Maytag dishwasher not complete draining
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 23:06:42 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 03:06 UTC

On 7/4/2022 9:38 PM, Joe wrote:
> I rarely use the dishwasher, but i do on occasion just so to keep it active. Never had put dirty dish's in it for fear of clogging, so when i do use it I set for Pots and Pans, and Normal wash.In such cases, after the washer shuts off, I notice some water near the drain that did not completely drained. The manual says to set it to Normal wash, wait 35 seconds than it should drain. First I find that instruction to turn on Normal wash an oxmoron...by setting it there, you can hear the water running again..so your adding more 'fuel' to the 'fire'. I know for a fact that it is not clogged by food, cause that is the one thing i made sure of not to add uneaten food scraps to it. Open to Any suggestions, please.

I wonder if minimal use is allowing minerals to build up in the drain
line. Also check that the drain line is not kinked.

Is the amount of water consistent?

Re: Maytag dishwasher not complete draining

<ta0g8s$3kmv1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27110&group=alt.home.repair#27110

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 21:56:08 -0700
 by: Bob F - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 04:56 UTC

On 7/4/2022 6:38 PM, Joe wrote:
> I rarely use the dishwasher, but i do on occasion just so to keep it active. Never had put dirty dish's in it for fear of clogging, so when i do use it I set for Pots and Pans, and Normal wash.In such cases, after the washer shuts off, I notice some water near the drain that did not completely drained. The manual says to set it to Normal wash, wait 35 seconds than it should drain. First I find that instruction to turn on Normal wash an oxmoron...by setting it there, you can hear the water running again..so your adding more 'fuel' to the 'fire'. I know for a fact that it is not clogged by food, cause that is the one thing i made sure of not to add uneaten food scraps to it. Open to Any suggestions, please.

Mine pumps any old water out first before it fills itself when started.
So starting it and cancelling the cycle after the pump runs drains
whatever is less.

You have already removed and cleaned the pump inlet filter screens and
checked for debris under them?

Re: Maytag dishwasher not complete draining

<e8848e32-97e2-4274-8b29-5516e800cadcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=27132&group=alt.home.repair#27132

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 07:36:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: harri85...@aol.com (Joe)
 by: Joe - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 14:36 UTC

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 12:56:02 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
> On 7/4/2022 6:38 PM, Joe wrote:
> > I rarely use the dishwasher, but i do on occasion just so to keep it active. Never had put dirty dish's in it for fear of clogging, so when i do use it I set for Pots and Pans, and Normal wash.In such cases, after the washer shuts off, I notice some water near the drain that did not completely drained. The manual says to set it to Normal wash, wait 35 seconds than it should drain. First I find that instruction to turn on Normal wash an oxmoron...by setting it there, you can hear the water running again..so your adding more 'fuel' to the 'fire'. I know for a fact that it is not clogged by food, cause that is the one thing i made sure of not to add uneaten food scraps to it. Open to Any suggestions, please.
> Mine pumps any old water out first before it fills itself when started.
> So starting it and cancelling the cycle after the pump runs drains
> whatever is less.
>
> You have already removed and cleaned the pump inlet filter screens and
> checked for debris under them?

I tried again by turning off the electric fuse to the dishwasher, waited for a couple of minutes, switch over to Normal wash, it ran and finally heard a click. I opened the door and sure enough, it drained. thanks to all.

interests / alt.home.repair / Maytag dishwasher not complete draining