From: droo...@gmail.com (buh buh biden)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics,fl.politics,alt.law-enforcement
Subject: Florida jury finds former SWAT commander not guilty of second-degree murder
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:49:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: buh buh biden - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 07:49 UTC

A Florida jury on Friday acquitted a retired police captain who shot and
killed a man at a movie theater in 2014.

The six-member jury found Curtis Reeves not guilty on charges of second-
degree murder for the killing of Chad Oulson and aggravated battery of
Oulson�s wife, NBC affiliate WFLA reported.

Reeves, then 71, killed 43-year-old Oulson at the Wesley Chapel movie
theater in Pasco County, located in the Tampa Bay metro area.

An argument ensued between the two over Oulson's texting in the theater,
according to a criminal complaint of the incident. Per the complaint,
Oulson threw a bag of popcorn at Reeves and Reeves pulled out his handgun
and struck Oulson fatally in the chest with one round.

The ex-Tampa Bay Police Department captain has never denied that he shot
and killed Oulson, according to WFLA. But Reeves has claimed that he acted
in self defense.

The former police captain called Friday's verdict "great," according to
WFLA.

�It�s been a long eight years and I couldn�t wait for it to be over with,"
Reeves said, per the outlet. "I�m very proud of my team of lawyers here
that did a fantastic job in bringing out the truth.�

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/595998-florida-jury-finds-former-
swat-commander-not-guilty-of-second-degree