Newsgroups: seattle.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Piroshky Piroshky closing downtown Seattle location over 'countless
safety concerns'
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:28:28 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 21:28 UTC

I read about it in the Times, but can not get
it online. Oh Well, here ---
(As I recall, owner told beggar to leave store, he refused,
security could not force it, & SPD never came....)

from
https://www.king5.com/article/news/crime/seattles-piroshky-piroshky-closing-3rd-avenue/281-c855cbd2-b6a0-49fe-a675-6aa768447f41

Piroshky Piroshky closing downtown Seattle location over 'countless
safety concerns'
A man was shot and killed in downtown Seattle Sunday afternoon. The
owner of Piroshky Piroshky say it's the third shooting in a month.

Author: KING 5 Staff
Published: 5:05 PM PST February 27, 2022
Updated: 10:08 PM PST February 27, 2022
Facebook Twitter
SEATTLE — Seattle's popular Piroshky Piroshky Bakery is closing its
Third Avenue location in downtown "until further notice" over "countless
safety concerns."

Following a fatal shooting Sunday afternoon at Third Avenue and Pine
Street, the bakery sent a series of tweets detailing problems with crime
in the area.

00:46 / 01:30
Google's Ripple
FEATURED BY
"It's normal to see that almost every single day," said Piroshky
Piroshky owner Olga Sagan.

The shooting on Sunday was the third in the area in a month, according
to the bakery.

The shooting occurred shortly before 12:30 p.m. Officers found a man
with gunshot wounds in the 200 block of Pine Street. The victim died at
the scene, according to Seattle police.

Members of the Seattle Police Department's Crime Scene Investigation
Unit responded to collect evidence and process the scene.

Homicide detectives are also investigating.

Sagan said the most recent problems, including Sunday's shooting,
compelled her to close the location for the safety of her employees and
for customers.

"Today's shooting was at 1 p.m. in the middle of Sunday, in the middle
of downtown. There's tourists and families, and it's just becoming
normalized. And it absolutely makes me very, very angry," Sagan said.

Mayor Bruce Harrell's office sent the following statement regarding the
violence downtown:

"Mayor Harrell believes everyone in Seattle deserves to feel safe –
continued gun violence and crime are unacceptable ----

yada yada yada.......

Re: Piroshky Piroshky closing downtown Seattle location over 'countless safety concerns'

<AibTJ.49219$ZmJ7.17449@fx06.iad>

 copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2658&group=alt.law-enforcement#2658

Subject: Re: Piroshky Piroshky closing downtown Seattle location over
'countless safety concerns'
Newsgroups: seattle.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:39:43 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 21:39 UTC

On 2/28/2022 1:28 PM, a425couple wrote:
> I read about it in the Times, but can not get
> it online.  Oh Well, here ---
> (As I recall, owner told beggar to leave store, he refused,
> security could not force it, & SPD never came....)
>
> from
> https://www.king5.com/article/news/crime/seattles-piroshky-piroshky-closing-3rd-avenue/281-c855cbd2-b6a0-49fe-a675-6aa768447f41
>

> Piroshky Piroshky closing downtown Seattle location over 'countless
> safety concerns'
> A man was shot and killed in downtown Seattle Sunday afternoon. The
> owner of Piroshky Piroshky say it's the third shooting in a month.

from
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/596152-seattle-bakery-closing-due-to-excessive-crime

Seattle bakery closes, cites excessive crime
BY OLAFIMIHAN OSHIN - 02/28/22 03:07 PM EST 741

A Seattle bakery owner has closed her shop due to the excessive crime
happening around the area.

In an interview with The Seattle Times published Sunday, Piroshky
Piroshky bakery owner Olga Sagan told the newspaper about the recent
crime that happened at her store, including an individual being shot and
wounded nearby and people abusing drugs at the front of her store.

Sagan said she called the police about the incidents and alleged there
was no response, according to the Times.

Sagan also said she officially closed the store when a man was shot to
death around the block from the bakery Sunday afternoon, telling her
employees that she will try to find jobs for them at other locations in
the city and adding that she will reopen the store when it is safe.

Piroshky Piroshky bakery is a store that serves traditional Russian
pastries, the newspaper reported.

---------------------------------
“How many shootings do we need to have to realize this is an active
emergency in downtown Seattle?” Sagan told The Seattle Times.

“The streets of downtown have been abandoned by government,” she said,
“and handed over to criminal activity.”

Earlier this month, Sagan invited newly elected City Attorney Ann
Davidson (R) to her store, with Davidson pledging to prosecute
misdemeanors more often and more quickly, though Sagan has lost hope
that will happen, the newspaper noted.

“It feels safer, but still, it’s always drug use and people shouting at
you whichever way you walk,” Sagan said.

“This is just too dangerous,” Sagan added.