Newsgroups: seattle.politics,or.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Rep. Jayapal fundraises off Jan. 6 riot, hopes you forget she tried
to overturn election
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:25:17 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 03:25 UTC

from
https://mynorthwest.com/3302595/rantz-rep-pramila-jayapal-fundraises-off-january-6-riot/

Rantz: Rep. Jayapal fundraises off Jan. 6 riot, hopes you forget she
tried to overturn election

Jan 6, 2022, 5:00 PM | Updated: Jan 7, 2022, 5:29 am
Pramila Jayapal...
Washington Rep. Pramila Jayapal. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)
Share
BY JASON RANTZ
The Jason Rantz Show, 3pm-6pm on KTTH

Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal (D-Seattle) wants you to know she was a
victim of the violent attempt by “insurrectionists” who “planned” to
overturn the “free and fair election.”

Jayapal calls the Jan. 6 riot “one of the darkest days that our
democracy has ever seen.” So dark, in fact, she’s using it to raise
campaign funds. And those funds will go toward her efforts to subvert
democracy. How ironic.

Her bad-faith, hyper-partisan, shamelessly transparent politicking isn’t
merely to raise campaign funds. I suspect it might also be about burying
her record of trying to overturn a free and fair election.

Rantz: Seattle Rep. Pramila Jayapal smirks through vicious, racist smear
of Black Senator

Pramila Jayapal raises money off “insurrection”
The Pramila for Congress campaign sent a mass email soliciting
contributions. She used the Jan. 6 riot to do it, as first noted by
Henry Rodgers at the Daily Caller.

The campaign email is a stunning display of political theater and
gaslighting.

Her email breathlessly explains she was “left behind, trapped in the
gallery as the insurrectionists invaded.”

“I remember fearing for my life and preparing for a fight as they
pounded on the doors, only feet from where I hid under the seats,” she
wrote. “I am grateful that I reached safety later that day, but our
democracy is far from safe.”

She goes on to pretend Republicans are continuing “to attack our
democracy” with “anti-voting bills” that don’t actually exist.

But she’ll protect you from the pretend assault on your voting rights.
Just give her as much money as you can. But if you don’t have much to
offer, she’ll take as little as “a $3 contribution today” because
“democracy is on the line.”

She wasn’t willing to protect her own city from Antifa thugs and Black
Lives Matter radicals who violently took over six city blocks known as
the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ). That literal armed
insurrection, which commandeered a police station, doesn’t earn her ire.

If democracy is on the line, she’s one of the partisans responsible. In
fact, while she calls out Republican lawmakers who attempted to stop the
certification of the last presidential election, she’s hoping you don’t
remember when she attempted to do the same thing.

Remember when Pramila Jayapal tried to overturn an election?
When Donald Trump won the free and fair election, Jayapal wanted to stop
him from taking office.

On Jan. 6 — of 2017 — Jayapal objected to the validity of the Electoral
College vote.

“Mr. President, I object to the certificate from the state of Georgia on
the grounds that the electoral votes did not …,” she said before
then-Vice President Joe Biden shut her down.

She ignored him and continued, only to get gaveled again.

“It is over,” Biden finally told Jayapal.

After her attempt to stop the certification of the election, Jayapal
sent out an email blast asking for donations. She has a tendency to beg
for money off shameful events.

It’s truly shocking that the U.S. government was able to overcome that
attempt by Jayapal — and other Democrats — to attack our election.

Pramila Jayapal is assaulting democracy
While Jayapal pretends Republicans are trying to take away free and fair
elections, it’s the Democratic Party pushing to federalize local elections.

While they have the power nationally, Democrats are attempting to
permanently change our elections via H.R. 1. Voters have zero say, which
is how they want it.

How do they pass the unpopular legislation? Jayapal wants to get rid of
the filibuster, which is a check on the power of out-of-control lawmakers.

The only time lawmakers oppose the filibuster is when they want total
control. Jayapal wants total control.

Rantz: Why does Seattle’s Pramila Jayapal partner with an anti-Semite?

It’s all political
The riot on Jan. 6 was a stain on our history.

While I don’t view it as an “attempted coup,” because it wasn’t one,
that doesn’t mean it wasn’t serious. It was.

And anyone who broke the law should be punished. Rioters should suffer
consequences. If only Democrats held the same position.

Jayapal and so many others either ignored, justified, or downplayed
months of riots and violence because it was done in the name of a
political movement they supported. The “summer of love” in Seattle
claimed the lives of two Black teens — the ones Jayapal pretends to care
deeply about. Those other “mostly peaceful protests,” many of which were
committed by the mythical Antifa creatures? Democrats pretend it didn’t
occur.

I won’t hold my breath that nakedly partisan activists like Jayapal will
show one ounce of principle when it comes to consistency here.

But I would hope that in her self-righteous soapboxing about how
democracy was on the line, she wouldn’t use the supposedly solemn day as
an ATM.

Listen to the Jason Rantz Show weekday afternoons from 3 – 6 p.m. on
KTTH 770 AM (or HD Radio 97.3 FM HD-Channel 3). Subscribe to the podcast
here.