Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,alt.law-enforcement,alt.economics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Portland restaurant owner blames Democrats for business downfall
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:08:45 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 03:08 UTC

from
https://www.foxbusiness.com/small-business/portland-restaurant-owner-democrats-policies-business

Portland restaurant owner blames Democrats for business downfall

Small business forced to close for good following constant break-ins

By Stephanie Giang-Paunon FOXBusiness

Portland business owner: Progressive policies driving crime
A Portland restaurant owner is closing his doors for good due to
constant break-ins by homeless addicts.

Joule Crafted Nutrition owner Eric Post joined "Varney & Co." Friday and
blamed "one-sided" policies for his business' downfall.

"I hate pointing blame, but here in Oregon, we haven't had anything but
a Democrat governor for 35 years," Post told FOX Business’ Stuart Varney.

"I think it's only fair to recognize the negative compounding effects…
effects of decades of one-sided power and policies."

RETAIL EXPERT WARNS RISE IN CRIME COULD 'CATALYZE THE NEXT RECESSION'

Democratic-led U.S. cities have experienced a surge in smash-and-grab
robberies in recent months and years as well as increased homelessness.

Strategic Resource Group managing director Burt Flickinger argues the
consumer will be compromised by 'higher retail prices and massive out of
stocks' due to a rise in thefts. video
Retail expert warns surge in retail crime will 'crush the economy'
Strategic Resource Group managing director Burt Flickinger argues the
consumer will be compromised by 'higher retail prices and massive out of
stocks' due to a rise in thefts.

A 24-year-old worker at a high-end furniture store in Los Angeles was
stabbed to death in the shop last week in what authorities were calling
a random attack by a homeless man.

A Manhattan woman was also killed after a homeless man pushed her in
front of an oncoming subway train in Times Square Saturday, authorities say.
Photo of 61-year-old Simon Martial, who allegedly pushed a woman to her
death on a NYC platform (WNYW) (WNYW)

Post told Varney he isn’t optimistic about reopening the doors to his
business and doesn’t see crime rates improving in the future.

"I'm not alone… thousands of small business owners were forced to pick
up needles and garbage… cleaning human waste off our doorsteps before we
could open," he said. "Constantly scrubbing graffiti and picking up
broken glass."

"This isn't happening because of failed leadership here. This is
happening because of leadership and those ideologies that brought us to
this standpoint."

Varney asked the small business owner if he would ever consider leaving
Portland to go to "greener pastures elsewhere."

"Well, I’d definitely consider it," Post replied.

"I have two kids, and unfortunately, we've got a sliding public school
system here that's just sad," he continued.

"There's a difference between running and supporting my kids or fighting
for what's right, and I started making some posts online to help other
people, across the country, realize the dangers of these one-sided
policies."