Do what you can to prolong your life, in the hope that someday you'll learn what it's for.

interests / alt.law-enforcement / Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

SubjectAuthor
* Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation abouta425couple
+* Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19max headroom
|`* Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19Baxter
| `* Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19max headroom
|  `* Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19Baxter
|   `- Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19max headroom
`- Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19Baxter

1
Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<b15GJ.135232$Gco3.128962@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2626&group=alt.law-enforcement#2626

Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about
COVID-19
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:53:43 -0800
 by: a425couple - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 03:53 UTC

Interesting ideas From Quora

Answered by
Robert Wright
Updated Fri

What are your thoughts about Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor spreading
misinformation about COVID-19?

That Justice Sotomayor would so freely and comfortably relate such a
provably incorrect understanding strikes at the core of her credibility.
This was not just a simple misunderstanding on her part. It was pure
nonsense, and given by her during a crucial time in our history.

There are two possible explanations. She was either out to intentionally
corrupt the proceedings with ideology or she was parroting the
ideological positions of her law clerks. I think it was the latter. I
think she relies on her clerks completely for her positions and decisions.

As a member of the Supreme Court, what some have called “the American
citizen’s last stand”, she displayed with this an ignorance that, in my
opinion, disqualifies her from this case. There is no way for her to
learn the truth and render a proper decision now. The time has passed.

Of all the justices, I believe that she is least qualified to be on the
Supreme Court. All the other justices, while ideological, do not display
such naked ignorance of the matters they are asked to opine on.

Update

I’m back. This is worse than I thought.

I just read that, during the same hearing, Justice Sotomayor essentially
said that she didn’t know that the Tenth Amendment moderates what the
Federal government can do with regard to the states.

She assumed that the Federal government can just walk past the states
and dictate what it wants the states must do. This is incredible to me.

It’s not that complex. The Tenth Amendment says

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively,
or to the people.”

She actually argued from the point of view of someone who believes we
have a central government.

I don’t know if she’s suffering from a cognitive decline or something
else but this isn’t good for the country.

She should be impeached.

Justice Sotomayor Claims Not to Understand the Distinction Between State
and Federal Powers | National Review
Sotomayor asserted that the federal government has the ‘police power to
protect workers.’
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/justice-sotomayor-claims-not-to-understand-the-distinction-between-state-and-federal-powers/
19.8K viewsView 1,040 upvotesView 5 sharesSubmission accepted by
Bill Kinniard

Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<ssb0mo$3re$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2627&group=alt.law-enforcement#2627

From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
Subject: Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:49:00 -0800
 by: max headroom - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 06:49 UTC

In news:b15GJ.135232$Gco3.128962@fx01.iad, a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
typed:

> Interesting ideas From Quora

> Answered by
> Robert Wright
> Updated Fri

> What are your thoughts about Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor spreading
> misinformation about COVID-19?...

Isn't that cause for her to be suspended or booted from most mainstream social
media sites?

Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<ssbulv$bj2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2628&group=alt.law-enforcement#2628

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:21:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:21 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Interesting ideas From Quora
>
> Answered by
> Robert Wright
> Updated Fri
>
> What are your thoughts about Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor spreading
> misinformation about COVID-19?
>
> That Justice Sotomayor would so freely and comfortably relate such a
> provably incorrect understanding strikes at the core of her
> credibility. This was not just a simple misunderstanding on her part.
> It was pure nonsense, and given by her during a crucial time in our
> history.
>
> There are two possible explanations. She was either out to
> intentionally corrupt the proceedings with ideology or she was
> parroting the ideological positions of her law clerks. I think it was
> the latter. I think she relies on her clerks completely for her
> positions and decisions.
>
> As a member of the Supreme Court, what some have called “the
> American citizen’s last stand”, she displayed with this an
> ignorance that, in my opinion, disqualifies her from this case. There
> is no way for her to learn the truth and render a proper decision now.
> The time has passed.
>
> Of all the justices, I believe that she is least qualified to be on
> the Supreme Court. All the other justices, while ideological, do not
> display such naked ignorance of the matters they are asked to opine
> on.
>
> Update
>
> I’m back. This is worse than I thought.
>
> I just read that, during the same hearing, Justice Sotomayor
> essentially said that she didn’t know that the Tenth Amendment
> moderates what the Federal government can do with regard to the
> states.
>
> She assumed that the Federal government can just walk past the states
> and dictate what it wants the states must do. This is incredible to
> me.
>
> It’s not that complex. The Tenth Amendment says
>
> “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution,
> nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states
> respectively, or to the people.”
>
> She actually argued from the point of view of someone who believes we
> have a central government.
>
> I don’t know if she’s suffering from a cognitive decline or
> something else but this isn’t good for the country.
>
> She should be impeached.
>
> Justice Sotomayor Claims Not to Understand the Distinction Between
> State and Federal Powers | National Review
> Sotomayor asserted that the federal government has the ‘police power
> to protect workers.’
> https://www.nationalreview.com/news/justice-sotomayor-claims-not-to-und
> erstand-the-distinction-between-state-and-federal-powers/ 19.8K
> viewsView 1,040 upvotesView 5 sharesSubmission accepted by Bill
> Kinniard

Claims to be about COVID, but is NOT about COVID. Robert Wright should be
impeached.

Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<ssbur3$bj2$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2629&group=alt.law-enforcement#2629

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:24:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 15:24 UTC

"max headroom" <maximusheadroom@gmx.com> wrote in

> In news:b15GJ.135232$Gco3.128962@fx01.iad, a425couple
> <a425couple@hotmail.com> typed:
>
>> Interesting ideas From Quora
>
>> Answered by
>> Robert Wright
>> Updated Fri
>
>> What are your thoughts about Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor
>> spreading misinformation about COVID-19?...
>
> Isn't that cause for her to be suspended or booted from most
> mainstream social media sites?

Actually it's Robert Wright, a425couple, and you that's spreading
misinformation. Wright's screed is NOT about COVID.

Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<ssc2ob$928$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2630&group=alt.law-enforcement#2630

From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:26:21 -0800
 by: max headroom - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:26 UTC

In news:ssbur3$bj2$3@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com> typed:

> "max headroom" <maximusheadroom@gmx.com> wrote in
>> In news:b15GJ.135232$Gco3.128962@fx01.iad, a425couple
>> <a425couple@hotmail.com> typed:

>>> Interesting ideas From Quora

>>> Answered by
>>> Robert Wright
>>> Updated Fri

>>> What are your thoughts about Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor
>>> spreading misinformation about COVID-19?...

>> Isn't that cause for her to be suspended or booted from most
>> mainstream social media sites?

> Actually it's Robert Wright, a425couple, and you that's spreading
> misinformation. Wright's screed is NOT about COVID.

But Sotomayor DID say that 100,000 children were in serious condition from
COVID-19, with many on ventilators.

Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<ssd5th$1h57$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2631&group=alt.law-enforcement#2631

From: bax02_sp...@baxcode.com (Baxter)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 02:31:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Baxter - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 02:31 UTC

> In news:ssbur3$bj2$3@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter
> <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com> typed:
>
>> "max headroom" <maximusheadroom@gmx.com> wrote in
>>> In news:b15GJ.135232$Gco3.128962@fx01.iad, a425couple
>>> <a425couple@hotmail.com> typed:

>>> Isn't that cause for her to be suspended or booted from most
>>> mainstream social media sites?
>
>> Actually it's Robert Wright, a425couple, and you that's spreading
>> misinformation. Wright's screed is NOT about COVID.
>
> But Sotomayor DID say that 100,000 children were in serious condition
> from COVID-19, with many on ventilators.

============
On Monday, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported a sharp rise in
pediatric Covid-19 cases. At least 325,340 cases were reported during the
week of Dec. 23, compared with 198,551 cases during the week of Dec. 16.
While serious illness from Covid is still rare for younger children, the
sheer number of new cases worries doctors.

As of Sunday, the number of pediatric Covid admissions had hit a new
peak: 1,354 a day, based on a seven-day average, according to NBC News
data.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-warning-symptoms-
children-kids-hospitalized-record-numbers-rcna10741

==============
Reported child COVID-19 cases among children have spiked dramatically
across the United States. The past week nearly 1 million cases were
reported, four times the rate of the peak of last winters� surge. For the
week ending January 13th, over 981,000 child COVID-19 cases were
reported. This number is a 69% increase over the 580,000 added cases
reported the week ending January 6th and a tripling of case counts from
the two weeks prior.

Nearly 9.5 million children have tested positive for COVID-19 since the
onset of the pandemic; 10% of these cases have been added in the past
week. For the 23rd week in a row child COVID-19 cases are above 100,000.
Since the first week of September, there have been over 4.4 million
additional child cases.

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-
infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

Re: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor did spread misinformation about COVID-19

<ssdmr5$785$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2632&group=alt.law-enforcement#2632

From: maximush...@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: alt.law-enforcement,or.politics,seattle.politics
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:18:51 -0800
 by: max headroom - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 07:18 UTC

In news:ssd5th$1h57$1@gioia.aioe.org, Baxter <bax02_spamblock@baxcode.com>
typed:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/08/sotomayors-false-claim-that-over-100000-children-are-serious-condition-with-covid/
https://news.yahoo.com/sotomayor-falsely-claims-100-000-185529971.html