Newsgroups: or.politics,seattle.politics,ca.politics,alt.law-enforcement
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Remember when Biden called the attack on Smollett a 'lynching' ?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 14:09:32 -0800
 by: a425couple - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 22:09 UTC

Biden jumped to embrace Jussie Smollett's lies,
because it fit his agenda.
Biden tweeted 'We are with you, Jussie.'

from
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10289921/How-Jussie-Smolletts-lies-impacted-America.html

Justice for Jussie? Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and the cream of woke
America are slammed for their deafening silence after Jussie Smollett's
conviction having first branded it a 'modern day lynching'

Jussie Smollett's attack trial showed how one man's lies could have been
detrimental to the civil rights movement in America
Among the first to leap to Smollett's defense were President Joe Biden,
VP Kamala Harris, who called the attack a 'modern day lynching', and
Cory Booker
All three, along with several other activists, used the attack as a
platform to push their political agendas yet took to silence as it
became clear he had lied
Meanwhile, CNN host Don Lemon allegedly aided in the actor's hoax by
tipping him off the Chicago police were poking holes in his tale
Civil rights experts have said Smollett's lies are a 'black mark' for
the movement and a 'whitewash of justice'

By NATASHA ANDERSON and ALASTAIR TALBOT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 18:36 EST, 9 December 2021 | UPDATED: 10:08 EST, 10 December 2021

The cream of liberal society, including President Joe Biden himself,
have been mocked over old tweets backing Jussie Smollett in the wake of
his conviction.

President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and a host of other
liberal celebrities face questions over their tweets, backing Smollett
on the same day as the alleged January 2019 attack, which he was
convicted of faking on Thursday.

Hours after the staged beating Biden, then a presidential hopeful,
tweeted: 'What happened today to @jussiesmollett must never be tolerated
in this country.

'We must stand up and demand that we no longer give this hate safe
harbor; that homophobia and racism have no place on our streets or in
our hearts. We are with you, Jussie.'

Referring to Jussie Smollet, President Joe Biden tweeted shortly after
the incident in 2019: What happened today to @Jussie Smollet must never
be tolerated in this country. We must stand up and demand that we no
longer give this hate safe harbor; that homophobia and racism have no
place on our streets or in our hearts. We are with you, Jessie.' +13

The Democratic Candidate had previously written: 'Jussie Smollett is one
of the kindest, most gently human beings I know. I’m praying for his
quick recovery. This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should
have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their
skin. We must confront this hate'

Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris - who was then a California
senator and presidential candidate - shared her own simpering tweet the
very same day.

She wrote: '@jussiesmollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human
beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery. This was an attempted
modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because
of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate.'

Their now-embarrassing tweets still sit on their accounts, and attracted
a host of mocking comments on Thursday in the wake of Smollett's guilty
verdict.

Donald Trump Jr also got in on the act, sharing a collage of pro-Jussie
tweets sent by top liberals, including the Biden and Harris missives.

Donald Trump shared many of the old tweets siding with Jussie in the
wake of the faked attack, and added his own sarcastic commentary

He captioned his post: '#JusticeForJussie we got him guys we got the guy
that did this heinous act. #juicy'

Over on Twitter, Don Jr replied to another old tweet from civil rights
campaigner the Reverend Al Sharpton saying 'the guilty must face the
maximum.'

The former president's son added: 'I’m with you Al, I think all of
America is with you on this one. The guilty must face the maximum.'

Smollett could face 20 years in jail. While he's widely expected to get
a custodial sentence, his

Trump Jr later added his own thoughts to the matter, tweeting: 'I’m just
happy to live in a country where people will go to jail for attacking a
gay black man... There’s absolutely no place for that s**t in America,
or anywhere else, and I am happy the perpetrator was brought to
justice.'

Other liberal stars whose pro-Jussie tweets have now aged very poorly
include Democratic representatives and Squad members Alexandria
Ocasio-Cortez as well as Rashida Tlaib.

AOC tweeted: 'There is no such thing as “racially charged.” This attack
was not “possibly” homophobic. It was a racist and homophobic attack.

'If you don’t like what is happening to our country, then work to change
it. It is no one’s job to water down or sugar-coat the rise of hate crimes.'

And Tlaib said: 'When one of the most famous black and gay men in
America is not safe, the message is clearer than it has ever been." The
dangerous lies spewing from the right wing is killing & hurting our
people. Thinking of you @jussiesmollett, and my LGBTQ neighbors.'

Other top Democrats who railed against the now debunked beating include
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders.

Pelosi soapboxed: 'The racist, homophobic attack on @JussieSmollett is
an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are
or whom they love.

Liberal Democrats, including House majority speaker Nancy Pelosi and
'squad members' Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Rashia Tialb (D-MN)
added their voices to the clamor, demanding justice for the actor who
conjured up painful images of not-so distant American history +13
Liberal Democrats, including House majority speaker Nancy Pelosi and
'squad members' Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Rashia Tialb (D-MN)
added their voices to the clamor, demanding justice for the actor who
conjured up painful images of not-so distant American history

'I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May
we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.'

And Bernie railed: 'The racist and homophobic attack on Jussie Smollett
is a horrific instance of the surging hostility toward minorities around
the country. We must come together to eradicate all forms of bigotry and
violence.'

Smollett, 39, told Chicago police he had been accosted on a darkened
street by two masked strangers. According to his account of the attack,
the assailants threw a noose around his neck and poured chemicals on him
while yelling racist and homophobic slurs and expressing support for
then-President Donald Trump.

A host of other political bigwigs and A-list stars' messages backing
Jussie have come back under the spotlight after his conviction for lying.

Sen. Cory Booker, rushing to his defense, echoed Harris' claims that the
attack was equivalent to a lynching and cited it as reason for Congress
to pass an anti-lynching bill.

'The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day
lynching. I'm glad he's safe,' Booker tweeted in January 2019. 'To those
in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill
designating lynching as a federal hate crime– I urge you to pay attention.'

CNN host Don Lemon (right), who had also come to Smollett's (left)
defense, allegedly alerted his longtime friend shortly after the hoax
attack that Chicago police didn't believe his tale, Smollett testified
in court Monday. Lemon has remained silent about the allegations

Supermodel Naomi Campbell also supported Smollett in the wake of his
attack +13

Mayor of Chicago Lori Lighfoot chose to criticize the investigation led
by officials over the incident, tweeting that she 'will make sure that,
regardless of the victim's stature, hate crime incidents and complaints
are fully investigated.'

Despite what prosecutors said was 'overwhelming evidence' that the actor
staged the attack and then lied to police about it, Smollett maintained
his innocence, denying that he faked the attack.

Smollett made numerous television appearances after the alleged attack,
claiming he may 'never heal' if he didn't get justice. Meanwhile, it
became painstakingly clear that he staged his own assault, not only
damaging the validity of future victim statements, but also wasting
police resources and time.

The former 'Empire' actor, who is black and openly gay, was found guilty
of five felony counts of disorderly conduct on Thursday over accusations
that he made false reports to the police.

Dozens of celebrities, including Reese Witherspoon, Zendaya and Ariana
Grande among other celebrities and politicians, some now part of the
Biden Administration, backed Jussie Smollet and asked for change in the
way hate crimes are currently investigated

In the weeks to follow his alleged attack - as Smollett's tale began to
unravel - the left faced scrutiny, yet several celebrities continued to
stand by him.

Click here to read the complete article