From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: 2024/04/06 Saturday
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 13:09:55 -0500
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:09 UTC

Thursday ("prep day") and Friday (Mom's memorial / interment) were rather busy.
Today, I'm just "taking a Sabbath" and simply planning for *possibly* a "road
trip" to view the total solar eclipse. (The totality in my own back yard a few
years ago had well-lit horizons due to the narrow path and short term of the
eclipse, barely over 2 minutes- I'd like to see this longer one on Monday, with
a wider *and* longer *and* "darker" path of totality, of roughly 4 minutes
duration.)

However, last night / this morning, I had an *odd* dream that had LOTS of d�j�
vu within it. It's like *elements of the dream* have been perceived in other
dreams throughout the past few decades, but this had every element "in line" and
"in sequence" as if this were the one dream that had been "guiding" all the
others:

The dreamer was facing or otherwise heading left when there was the distinct
feeling of a snake up the rectum, although I confess, I've never felt any such
thing in real life, yet the dreamer had the distinct impression that there was
something back there that {did NOT belong!}

So the dreamer reached back (with the right hand?) and proceeded to pull that
joker out. It came to about 2�'-3' in length (not like I put a yard stick to
it, but around that long) and was black in color, and had two
(snakelike-vampiric type) fangs that were more triangular in shape than
dagger-shaped (like for eating / holding food in place while swallowing, rather
than injecting venom.)

The dreamer's grip was about 6" or so behind the snake's head, and (*if I'm
remembering the order of the sequence correctly*) the snake sunk its fangs into
the dreamer's left arm.

The dreamer instinctively realized that the best place to hold the snake was
directly behind it's jaws / about where its "ears" would be, basically behind
the skull at the start of the neck, and gripped it there with the right hand
(thumb & index finger) and simply pried its head (and fangs) upward, lifting it
out of the flesh of the arm (which felt no pain, incidentally.)

There was a *passing* thought through the narrative mind of the dreamer that,
seeing as how that sucker had been up the colon / lower intestines, it might be
a good idea to wash that area where the fangs had been with some antiseptic /
antibiotic, but as there was no pain nor blood to speak of, the attention /
focus of the dream went to the snake, whose skull/neck was being firmly held by
the dreamer's right hand.

There was a bit of twizzling about (snake-shaking?) but once the dreamer had the
grip behind the skull, there was a bit of a stretch-pull, and I *think* the
dreamer had switched to using the left hand to grip the neck, and the right hand
to pull the body straight.

The snake *seemed* still intent on harm in some manner, be it parasitic or
carnivorous, so the dreamer used his right thumb to press the snake's neck
against the fingers of the right hand. There was some mental effort to ensure
as much pressure as possible, with the idea being to actually break the snake's
spine, but the dream ended around the point of maximum pressure. Clarity
between 7 (symbolic) to 9 (as there was no pain regarding the fangs in the left
arm.)

Somewhere (way back in past archives of alt.dreams) there's a post (from
*decades* ago) where I was telling of a dream that's still rather memorable even
today:

The dreamer was walking across something like a courtyard (heading left) in a
setting with a light-blue background, similar to a clear, Spring day.

A guy (who was older than the dreamer at the time) (who reminds me a bit of
myself in some manner) beckoned (entreated) the dreamer to "Follow me" as if to
say "and I'll show you something."

As the dreamer headed left, following the guy ("guide"?) there was seen a rather
large, round turret, sort of like the round turret of a castle, only there was
only the turret, with no castle. It had an *outer diameter* (the distance
straight across / bisecting the rounded outer wall) of maybe 30'-50'.

Going through the entrance (that was sort of a tall door, maybe 15'? with an
arched top coming together at the center, rather than a straight-across ledge)
there was the impression that the walls were roughly 12" thick, possibly made of
stone and mortar (mud) although it *could've* been concrete, or they *could've*
been simply solid construction (go figure?) but I've got a "hint" of stones and
mortar as being the "best bet." (Remember, this was from *decades* ago!)

Inside the doorway, the dreamer saw an otherwise empty floor as the center
bottom of the turret, however, what drew the most attention was the body of a
*GIGANTIC* snake, coiled around the inside of the turret walls, as if it were a
thick rope being used as insulation. (How this worked with the doorway passing
through it was never examined. Maybe the doorway simply represents a "portal
through time"?)

About the *girth* (body width) of the snake: hold your arms in front of you,
finger tips touching, as if you were forming a basket as a goal for someone at
the beach to use with a beach ball rather than a basket ball. Now imagine that
same size for the arms of a man of roughly 6' in height- That was *about* the
girth of the snake's body. Mind you, as the snake's body was *coiled around*
the inside wall of the turret, there was no way to actually "see" the full body:
only the scales facing the inside of the turret were visible.

The dreamer looked *up* (towards the ceiling) and the snake's coiled body *fully
lined* the inside of the turret, meaning all the way to the cone-shaped roof,
which I seem to recall from the outside view as being akin to red
terracotta-clay tiles (or stucco roof tiles, which is technically incorrect, as
stucco is used to describe walls) similar to those used in Mediterranean-style
homes.

I can only *guess* that the head was up there, somewhere, as it was so high up
that it was a bit dark / obscured in the shadows of the ceiling. I *seem* to
recall having seen huge rattles on the tail, but that *could* have just been my
imagination looking for them.

The guy said to the dreamer, "I once killed one *this big*-" when the dream
ended.

As it's been decades, I'd say the clarity would have to be either 7 (symbolic)
or 11 (astral) in nature.

2024/04/07 Sunday

<uuuflj$2s8o4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2572&group=alt.dreams#2572

From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: 2024/04/07 Sunday
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 10:55:30 -0500
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 15:55 UTC

I (the dreamer) dreamt that I'd left the water running in the kitchen sink, and
later suddenly remembered that I'd left it running. Upon going back into the
kitchen, I noticed the floor had roughly a half inch to an inch of water
covering it.

The dreamer decided to just shut off the water and pull out the wet-vac (I got a
*GOOD 'UN*!) to start cleaning up the issue. Dream ended, clarity 9+ / 10-, as
it had many elements precisely in roughly exact detail from "real life,"
although the dreamer seemingly felt no water during the quick trip to cut off
the water.

I'm fairly certain this may have been "weather related" in conjunction with the
forecast of the total eclipse path tomorrow (Monday, 4/8/2024.)

I'll be on a road trip this afternoon / evening, with a return trip Monday
afternoon, so may or may not have a post tomorrow.