From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: 2023/03/06 WednesdayThe Omen... literally (traditionally)!
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 17:58:02 -0600
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 23:58 UTC

At some point this morning, before getting up for the day, I had a dream
encounter wherein "I" (the dreamer) was having a conversation with my sister,
Cynthia (she was born 18 months before me) in the hallway of the house / home in
which we grew up (my Father's House, at 1103 Scottland Drive) regarding the
disposition of (elderly) mother's clothes, *as if* she (my mother) had passed
away.

At that point, I realized that my sister, Cynthia, had passed away in real life,
and the dream abruptly ended. That dream was somewhere between "11" (dreaming
in the Spiritual) and 10-, as the dreamer was certainly into discussing the
disposition of Mom's clothes (they need to be given away / Church rummage sale,
etc.)

Now for the "Omen" portion:

As I got up to let the dog out of the back door, she ran straight away towards
an unusual looking (gray/black) bird standing at the westernmost end of the
driveway, facing east (towards the street.) I was thinking it was about turkey
or eagle size, yet had a gray, featherless head.

As the dog ("Ginger") charged it, woofing away, the bird *ran* stiff-legged
*very quickly* in the direction it was facing, disappearing along the
southernmost wall of the house as it ran. (Like, unaided, I'm unable to "see
around solid corners of buildings.")

About that time, I realized it was a vulture, what we tend to call "turkey
buzzards" in these parts of the country.

Normally, one sees vultures in a flock, usually circling in the sky, or all
gathered together around a dead critter on the ground. This one was alone,
simply standing in the driveway, when Ginger charged at it.

"OK, so what's so ominous about that?" I hear you ask.

Well, I visit Mom once a day, *typically* at lunch time. Today, I got there a
*tad* early, hoping to get her to the table, and looking forward to some of the
leftovers that she regularly declines. (I mean, this is *GOOD* food! What I
don't snitch at, I put into a Styrofoam cup and give to the dog- if it's meat,
bread or carbs / non-vegetable.)

Mom hadn't gone to breakfast, was still in her jammies (in her reclining chair)
and wanting me to put her in bed, help her to the toilet, then put her back in
bed.

OK, so she's on the point of no longer eating, likely until she just dies. I
got that.

What concerned me is, a short while after I'd returned home, I got a call from
her ALF ("assisted living facility") that not only was she wanting to remain in
bed, but that they *couldn't* get a blood pressure reading. (That was a "new
thing" in Mom's history.) So I returned to the ALF, gave her another visit /
pep talk, let her pet the dog (Ginger) for a few moments, then went home to
start arranging "hospice" for her.

I mean, really.... a *turkey vulture?!?!?* That's ~distinctly~ ominous! Never
seen that before (anywhere!) other than a single bird beside a road kill along
the roadside, but even then, there were others in the area, in the sky, etc.
This "turkey" was all alone.

2024/03/09: "The Exit"

<usig9c$2gge4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2557&group=alt.dreams#2557

From: Richard....@Juno.Com (Richard Carl Silk)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams
Subject: 2024/03/09: "The Exit"
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 14:19:55 -0600
 by: Richard Carl Silk - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 20:19 UTC

OK, apologies for dating that previous header as "2023." It's interesting
sometimes when I find myself putting down a date from the 1970s, but hey, it
happens :-)

So sure, I understand, people may be wondering if all I have to talk about
that's dream-related involves my elderly mother. Well, when one's parent begins
to approach that particularly shadowed valley, it's *very much akin* to
approaching the event horizon of a black hole. Things along *a particular* line
of discussion have been moving *arduously* slower, at increasingly slower pace.
For example, Mom no longer eats solid food and only occasionally is sucking in
her favorite: Cranberry Juice.

Her verbal / physiological responses have also declined to *nearly*
indistinguishable, yet with an occasional moment of punctuation, so as to
express a particular "yay" or "nay" type preference.

At any rate, this morning, following the 7:30 AM wake-up period, yet before the
11:AM get-ready-to-visit period of the day, I was lying upon the (slightly
longer) living room couch, and "saw" a silhouette version of myself (sort of
black & white, but mostly gray) walking away, that is, I saw myself *from
behind* as my image was walking away.

This blip lasted only a moment, and I pondered it a bit until later today, after
visiting Mom around lunch, I was ready to take my leave of the room, and
realized I *may* have been "seeing myself from her perspective," possibly for
the last time as a dream-like vision / perception, but no bets on that.